Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Spent Cakes... Stick a Fork in Them, They're Done?
    #800610 -

Okay, I've got 3 spent cakes sittin' around in my fruiting chamber here. I tried doing a cranberry juice extraction with some of my other cakes, and it didn't work very well. So I was wondering if there is some sort of casing thing I could do with my cakes to get them to sprout out a few more shrooms for me. Any suggestions? Oh, and I can't do any outdoor stuff. I'm willing to try anything experimental that might work, even if there's a high risk of contams. Any replies are appreciated.


--------------------
Namaste.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Spent Cakes... Stick a Fork in Them, They're Done? [Re: RebelSteve33]
    #800654 -

spawn it in some poop


--------------------
-----------------------------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Spent Cakes... Stick a Fork in Them, They're Done? [Re: JohnnyR]
    #800674 -

does it have to be cow poop? can i obtain cow poop from any farm that has cows? just go ask the farmer for some poop?


--------------------
Namaste.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Spent Cakes... Stick a Fork in Them, They're Done? [Re: JohnnyR]
    #800677 -

Dunk the damn things for 24 hours and case them with whatever you have laying around. You should get at least a few pins poppin up.....

Take care
Fd


--------------------
___________________________________________________________________
Fd3000 is really a brown dancing monster. He uses the info he gets from his crazy dreams to help those in need. Too bad he doesn't really exist...

"I could walk up to the president and blow smoke in his stupid monkey face and all he could do is stand there grooving on it" - Homer Simpson

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Spent Cakes... Stick a Fork in Them, They're Done? [Re: RebelSteve33]
    #801673 -

I'm sure you can buy shit somewhere

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Spent Cakes... Stick a Fork in Them, They're Done? [Re: RebelSteve33]
    #801940 -

search for a milk dunk tek. it is risky and ive never done it but it apperently replenishes some of the lost nutirents.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Spent Cakes... Stick a Fork in Them, They're Done? [Re: RebelSteve33]
    #801947 -

I got a 40 lbs bag of manure for under $3.00. I used that and some peat with some spent GC and I was amazed at what happened. They were VERY old cakes by the way.


--------------------
`Not the same thing a bit!' said the Hatter. `You might just as well say that "I see what I eat" is the same thing as "I eat what I see"!'


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Spent Cakes... Stick a Fork in Them, They're Done? [Re: RebelSteve33]
    #802097 -

depending on amount of flushes and fruit bodies produced your spent cakes are spent, period. when a car runs out of gas , cleaning the fuel injection wont give it a few more miles. the nutrients in your cakes ahve been used up and its the end of the line. theres a few things you can do to initiate some pinning but i dont forsee another massive flush...

nick

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Spent cakes question superpimp 3,238 10 07/17/01 10:49 PM
by aluminum_can
* Casing spent cakes? JuanPacoLopez 1,828 4 11/06/01 07:40 PM
by kslater
* Casing with spent cakes? mindXplorer 905 2 05/03/03 12:36 PM
by Roadkill
* What to do with spent cakes? Bangvan 5,065 11 04/22/03 10:23 PM
by Bangvan
* Spent cakes -- what to do?? Left Nut City 2,506 8 08/19/02 08:11 AM
by SoFarNorth
* Life After Death: spent cakes wind_song 2,713 6 08/12/01 10:17 AM
by Kenshin
* using spent cake mycellium as innoculant zandorf 2,062 8 09/01/02 06:15 PM
by iam_craig
* using spent cakes as spawn chineseguy 1,676 4 06/16/03 06:39 PM
by isam

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
2,351 topic views. 8 members, 47 guests and 149 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.023 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 14 queries.