Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
Recommended reading.
    #7969336 -

I read books and so should you. some books i like incude
The ender qaurtet ( enders game, speaker for the dead, xenocide, children of the mind.)
1984
Brave new world
Heaven and hell
Doors of perception
Lord of the flies
Catcher in the rye
of mice and men
and Sphere

and am currently reading
Gods debris, a thought experiment
Ape and essence.

Fuck T.V. read a book.


--------------------
"Absolute certainty is a privilege of uneducated minds and fanatics." ~ C.J. Keyser



Mr. Cypher said: "I just tell the girls how sexy I am and their panties melt."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Recommended reading. [Re: awesomebastard]
    #7969364 -

What are books


--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Recommended reading. [Re: Penguarky Tunguin]
    #7969374 -

Penguarky Tunguin said:
What are books



:ednorton:  :macdre:


--------------------
"Absolute certainty is a privilege of uneducated minds and fanatics." ~ C.J. Keyser



Mr. Cypher said: "I just tell the girls how sexy I am and their panties melt."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Recommended reading. [Re: awesomebastard]
    #7969410 -

I eat cakes and so should you. some cakes i like incude
Birthday cakes (with candles,with strawberries,with lemon,with chocolate)
Romantic cakes
Wedding cakes
Religious cakes
Music cakes
Celebrity cakes
Pet & Animal cakes
Tranport cakes
and Sporting cakes

and am currently eating
lemon meringue cake
jam and icing

Fuck McDonalds eat a cake.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Recommended reading. [Re: koppie]
    #7969437 -

:lol:


OP: Ender's saga is just AWESOOOMEEEE


--------------------
:whatwhat:

There's no better way to rock out than with your cock out!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Recommended reading. [Re: Colonel Kurtz Ph.D]
    #7969441 -

Ender's Game was a great book, but I found the sequels to get progressively lackluster. They all had interesting concepts but none holds a candle to the original.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Recommended reading. [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #7969460 -

I fuck pussy and so should you. some pussy i like incude
White Pussy
Black Pussy
Spanish Pussy
Yellow Pussy
Hot Pussy
Cold Pussy
Wet Pussy
Tight Pussy
Big Pussy
Bloody Pussy
Fat Pussy
Hairy Pussy
Smelly Pussy
Velvet Pussy
Silk Pussy
Naugahyde Pussy
Snappin' Pussy
Horse Pussy
Dog Pussy
Fake Pussy

and am currently fucking
Apple-Pie Pussy.

Dont Fuck Anus, fuck a Pussy.

:cheech:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Recommended reading. [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #7969482 -

OneLessForeskin said:
Ender's Game was a great book, but I found the sequels to get progressively lackluster. They all had interesting concepts but none holds a candle to the original.



true did you ever read any of the hegdemon series the one that followed peter, were they any good?


--------------------
"Absolute certainty is a privilege of uneducated minds and fanatics." ~ C.J. Keyser



Mr. Cypher said: "I just tell the girls how sexy I am and their panties melt."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Recommended reading. [Re: awesomebastard]
    #7969485 -

no


--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Recommended reading. [Re: Penguarky Tunguin]
    #7969509 -

Right now I'm reading a Russian science fiction book by a descendant of Leo Tolstoy, named Tatyana Tolstaya. It's called The Slynx and it's quite good. I'm a sucker for post-apocalyptic anything.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Recommended reading. [Re: awesomebastard]
    #7969526 -

If you liked those you would like Blindness by Jose Saramago, its worth reading twice


--------------------
"And we, inhabitants of the great coral of the Cosmos, believe the atom (which still we cannot see) to be full matter, whereas, it too, like everything else, is but an embroidery of voids in the Void, and we give the name of being, dense and even eternal, to that dance of inconsistencies, that infinite extension that is identified with absolute Nothingness and that spins from its own non-being the illusion of everything."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Recommended reading. [Re: awesomebastard]
    #7969542 -

I enjoy the Douglas Adams "Hitchhikers" series. Also, "i,Lucifer" and "I am Legend." The book I am Legend is nothing like the movie so dont pre-judge it.


--------------------


There is not a lot of difference between a fox hole and a grave; but knowing that you dug your ditch and climbed in anyway.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Recommended reading. [Re: AaronEvil]
    #7969616 -

readin up on stephen colberts i am america(and so can you)

its pretty catchy once you pick it up and you dont have to worry bout remembering the storyline, great for any stoner

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Recommended reading. [Re: Konyap]
    #7969626 -

Well if you read 1984, logically one would read Animal Farm.

Kinky Friedman - The Love Song of J. Edgar Hoover
The Moscow Club
Maximum Bob - Elmore Leanord, he as a ton of good books.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Recommended reading. [Re: DirtMcgirt]
    #7969631 -

DirtMcgirt said:
If you liked those you would like Blindness by Jose Saramago, its worth reading twice



I liked that one, but the sequel was pretty lame.

Books ftw!

My favorites right now include:
-The Book of Lost Things by John Connolly
-anything by Roald Dahl
-The Origin of Consciousness in the Breakdown of the Bicameral Mind (my default book to carry when I want to look smart) by Julian Jaynes
-anything by Nick Hornby


--------------------
"The important thing to remember: if we ship all our fat-bottomed girls off to foreign countries, the terrorists win."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Recommended reading. [Re: mayfly]
    #7969663 -

Some authors I enjoy:

Tolkien
Tolkien
Tolkien

Dickens
Crichton (sp?)

Otherwise, lots of other good books by random authors.


--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Recommended reading. [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #7969688 -

So am I, in fact I'm watching all seasons of BSG over again, I want to complete the series in say 2 weeks.


--------------------
:whatwhat:

There's no better way to rock out than with your cock out!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Recommended reading. [Re: awesomebastard]
    #7969704 -

I change books like underwear... read anything once. A few things twice.
When I wanna remember why I make the decisions I make...
Sherlock Holmes.

for fun, The Renshai Chronicles by mickey zucker reichert.

Robert Heinlein kidnapped my teen years, LOVE friday, but Stranger in a strange land was the first i ever read of him.

Spider robinson people, That man could make a marmaduke laugh... and I think does in one of the books.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Recommended reading. [Re: Colonel Kurtz Ph.D]
    #7969727 -

The Dark Tower books are fuckin amazing, the entire 7 book series is like one big thought loop. I don't think stephen king was influenced by drugs or anything but it's certainly a very trippy series.

Another good series is A Song of Ice and Fire by George RR Martin, if you're a fan of fantasy in any form these are an absolute must read.

And Cormac McCarthy is also quite good, read Blood Meridian if you want a brutal, awesome as shit novel.


--------------------
check out my music!
drowse in prison and your waking will be but loss

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Recommended reading. [Re: awesomebastard]
    #7969801 -

awesomebastard said:
I read books and so should you. some books i like incude
The ender qaurtet ( enders game, speaker for the dead, xenocide, children of the mind.)
1984
Brave new world
Heaven and hell
Doors of perception
Lord of the flies
Catcher in the rye
of mice and men
and Sphere

and am currently reading
Gods debris, a thought experiment
Ape and essence.

Fuck T.V. read a book.



I've read every one of those except the last two.

I would add to the list the Foundation series by Isaac Asimov since it's sitting right in front of me. Think big.


--------------------

Discuss Politics

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Anyone ever read any of these books? freddurgan 1,282 8 09/06/04 09:20 PM
by C20H25N3O
* Your favorite Stephen King novel?
( 1 2 all )
AislingGheal 4,551 23 03/19/03 10:35 AM
by Bruiser
* Haha, these Sherlock Holmes fans... ivi 577 0 12/28/04 05:50 AM
by ivi
* COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season)
( 1 2 3 4 ... 180 181 )
AsanteM 75,346 3,602 08/11/21 07:48 AM
by Asante
* Just Read a good book. Tyger 528 2 09/14/04 05:44 AM
by theorganicdomino
* tips on cleaning a sherlock pipe? soma_victim 8,391 16 09/08/05 03:43 PM
by Dankman
* Cleaning out my sherlock for the first time in a couple of years... OneMoreRobot3021 1,007 13 02/07/08 04:40 PM
by Rebirtha
* new sherlock BanJankri 931 12 08/16/05 04:59 AM
by BanJankri

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,964 topic views. 3 members, 464 guests and 150 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.023 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 16 queries.