Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >
InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season) * 6
    #26907112 - 08/30/20 05:27 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

COVID-19 situation of August 30, 2020 when this PART 2 was started:

On Request, this is PART II of the COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic, the one that focusses on the latter months of 2020 and the first months of 2021, wherein especially duruing the flu/cold/pneumonia season of the northern hemisphere a Second Wave is anticipated, that doesn't start in Wuhan, China, but in every city of the world.

Please keep your posts ontopic and CHANGE YOUR VIEWS IF NEW EVIDENCE OVERTAKES THEM.

Though posted in The Pub this is NOT a social thread but a thread aimed at informing the general Shroomery membership of a serious health hazard in progress amidst a sea of deliberate misinformation, conflicting data and professional articles packed with lingo not really fathomable by the general public.

To do this effectively, this thread will actively stifle sources of misinformation or off-topic babble to present a clear narrative to the membership.

The old thread had 15,000 posts of which about 3,000, one in five, added contributions of substance. Please let us make this thread one high in information dense posts and not full of posts that are dense because the poster was high :wink:

THIS IS NOT A THREAD FOR POLITICS, CONSPIRACY THEORIES OR OFF TOPIC DISCUSSION.

ONLY ACTUAL MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS AND QUALIFIED RESEARCHERS MAY IDENTIFY AS SUCH.

Inquisitive posts are welcome but do your homework by studying this thread and, to an extent, the one before.

This thread is a STEP UP from a Pub thread but a STEP DOWN from a science forum thread. Still make abundant use of reference links to your source paterial, if available. Let's make this thread a crossroads of all major sources of correct information from all over the Internet. That benefits us all.

Posts of great merit from PART 1 may be grafted into this thread, but they most show the date they were posted originally. You need not be the original poster of this content.

Please be SENSIBLE, KIND, POLITE, FORTHCOMING and INTELLECTUALLY HONEST in your posting.

If you abuse this thread or are too disruptive for it you will get a VIEW DENY sanction that vanishes the thread from your topics list. This is irreversable, undisputable and has no other consequences such as ban points and no adverse note on your record is made of it to haunt you elsewhere. That is not severe censorship but the most gentle form of moderation.

The Original PART 1 of this thread (stickied January 27, 2020) of almost 15,000 posts, packed with valuable information is:
COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic

The gold standard of where COVID is at in the US and the world is:
COVID-19 Dashboard by the Center for Systems Science and Engineering (CSSE) at Johns Hopkins University (JHU)

The gold standard of current medical advice regarding COVID is:
World Health Organization CORONAVIRUS Page

A thread on What Foods To Get and the ins and outs of bugging in for lockdown:
What Foods To Go For In A COVID-19 Store Dash

1 month supplies recommendations & survival manuals download thread (Members Only):
PREPAREDNESS - Asante's 1 month home survivability minimum recommendation.

Quote:

:biohazard:

MODERATION NOTICE:

One of the mission statements of the Shroomery is to stop the spread of dangerous misinformation. Initially this pertained to the substances we voluntarily put into our bodies, but COVID-19 is something that may involuntarily end up in the bodies of our members and their loved ones.

The media are a mess of propaganda and the Internet is a jungle which someone not versed in medical lingo and medical principles can easily get lost in.

Because some Shroomerites depend on this thread to help them make sense of the actual situation and what best to do - we will moderate this thread more strictly now and will issue post deny's to the more disruptive members.

Its OK to differ in opinion but we must ERR ON THE SIDE OF CAUTION here.

The preferred moderating action will be a View Deny for repeat offenders.

The PART 1 of this very important and initially highly information dense thread was devolving into a dumpster fire, to the detriment of all who have a vested interest in this thread to be a collective voice of reason in making sense of what to do in these times.

Lets drop the offtopic, the conspiracy theories and the assigning of blame and focus on purifying our understanding, each by interacting with those voices in the discussion we have confidence in.

This thread may SHORTEN THE R.I.P THREAD OF 2021.

Let's NOT mess that up.

:biohazard:

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Edited by Asante (01/19/21 05:40 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season) [Re: Asante] * 2
    #26907121 - 08/30/20 05:46 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

This post is in honor of the Shroomerites, and Family and Friends of Shroomerites, who died of COVID-19 or its aftermath, either Directly or Indirectly, the ones we know of and the ones we will never know of.

They are engraved in our loving rememberance, and forever engraved into the fabric of the Universe, having emerged in it, to return to it.

Let us let go of our disagreements and remember the goodness of who they were, most of all.

We owe the Universe their acquaintance, or in the case of parents or grandparents our very existence, may we forever remember them, now and perhaps beyond death, if such exists.

Let us feel the grief to the fullest, so it pours out its emotional content into our awareness, and we can start our journey back to feeling better again.

Eternity knows their name - forever part of the Cosmic Mystery.

Lacrimosa - in memory of those no longer with us:

/center>

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season) [Re: Asante] * 1
    #26907122 - 08/30/20 05:47 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season) [Re: Asante] * 2
    #26907123 - 08/30/20 05:47 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Licensed Medical Professionals of this thread

This post offers medical professionals who are active in this thread a chance to go "on the record" about which field of medicine they are active in. Its a kind of "Trusted Identifier" list of people who have received education and training to deal with medical situations, that leads to an educated opinion about the matter at hand. Please do NOT PM these people with medicval questions or bog them down otherwise as they will have their hands full mentally and physically. Trained nurses, pharmacists, ER, ICU and Covid Ward personnel, any trained professional, active or retired, can qualify by actively participating and sending Asante a PM stating they want in this list and, in short, their expertise.

Giving false information, so impersonating a medical professional, will be sanctioned was an Illegal Post, with a sitewide ban duration of 3 months or longer. We need to know our experts from our hobby researchers.

Quote:

Morrowasted

Edited by Asante (09/01/20 05:26 AM)

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season) [Re: Asante]
    #26907157 - 08/30/20 06:51 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Morrowasted said 22/07/20:

Quote:

find out if your patients tried to self medicate before they ended up there and with what.

most of the people who are sick enough to be hospitalized aren't the type to engage in preventative health practices. so other than ibuprofen/tylenol/robitussin after they already feel sick, no. I take 30mg zinc/1000mg vitamin C/5000IU vitamin D. I also drink one of these bad boys every day

carrots, broccoli, bell peppers, celery, cherries, blueberries, grapes, pineapple, beet, banana, yogurt, canned black beans, tomatoes, protein powder... i mix it up a bit here and there, like if they happen to have cheap mangoes one week, but those are the staples.
does it help me not get covid? I dunno. doubt it. that's probably mostly the mask and handwashing and not hanging out with groups of people in close quarters. It'll probably help me stave off cancer and heart disease though

if you do develop a covid cough, robitussin probably isn't a good idea. won't do shit for the cough and arguably causes a mild increase in O2 demand by your tissues

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season) [Re: Asante] * 1
    #26907160 - 08/30/20 06:55 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Dr John Campbell discusses the science behind the protective effect of supplemental Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol) in the 40% of white people who are Vit D deficient and the 80% of black people in the US who are Vit D deficient,

You need Vit D3 and about 5000 units of it a day.

Basically, a large number of the people who need hospital care because of COVID-19 have vitamin D deficiencies and, based on knowledge from other respiratory infections, people who supplement vitamin D3 (not D2) will tend to have a better outcome than those who's vitamin D falls short, and the darker your skin is or the less sunlight your skin receives, the less vitamin D your body makes and the more likely you are to be deficient.

Critical Care COVID-19 Management Protocol [MARIK]

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

Edited by Asante (12/17/20 09:20 PM)

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season) [Re: Asante]
    #26909071 - 08/31/20 04:57 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Psion said:
https://wpde.com/news/nation-world/cdc-94-of-covid-19-deaths-had-underlying-medical-conditions-08-30-2020

clearly trying to make it sound like the coronavirus isn't deadly here, that it's just another cold. "oh, these people didn't die of the virus, they died of other stuff! nothing to see here guys!"

=.= the CDC has really gone downhill ever since it's been pretty much taken over by the trump administration. case numbers reported immediately started going down immediately ever since they took over the tracking, pretty much to the very day - its now at about half the average from the day it was taken over. i dunno about you, but i don't think america has miraculously gotten good at quarantining and mask use, especially on the very day they took over the handling of the reporting of cases. maybe im just pessimistic. :rolleyes:

then there's the whole "no quarantining for 14 days after traveling" thing advice anymore from them. it's like they deliberately are trying to kill americans here. it's... terrifying really.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#26909076 - 08/31/20 05:02 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Yes Psion, the CDC is no longer among the links to reliable resources, their data has been politicized by the Trump administration.

8 offtopic responses were removed. a bad start.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

Edited by Asante (08/31/20 05:03 AM)

Invisiblecannabinated
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Outside Flag
    #26910277 - 08/31/20 05:28 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

LOL

at every step they gave info that spread the virus at the most critical times

fuck the CDC

Invisiblecannabinated

#26910279 - 08/31/20 05:29 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

I dont blame foreigners for not understanding how evil our country is

Invisiblecannabinated

Re: COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season) [Re: cannabinated]
    #26910280 - 08/31/20 05:30 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

or maybe it was just the CDC who released it and the WHO spread it

InvisiblePerusha_Kyuden

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season) [Re: cannabinated]
    #26910315 - 08/31/20 05:42 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

the cdc kills certain key employees before dumping them in a ditch and reporting missing

--------------------
Master of none

Invisiblecannabinated

Re: COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season) [Re: Perusha_Kyuden]
    #26910322 - 08/31/20 05:43 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

CIADC

Invisiblecannabinated

Re: COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season) [Re: cannabinated] * 1
    #26910326 - 08/31/20 05:44 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

it has to be the CIA that did this tho

i bet we will find out in about 400 pages

InvisiblePerusha_Kyuden

Re: COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season) [Re: Perusha_Kyuden]
    #26910353 - 08/31/20 05:50 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

look man, the spartans used to kill babies in what is called infanticide. ok.

Covid 19 is not like cleaning the house thoe. unfortunately, people are convinced that because of science they have grasped any sort of understanding on what ever concerned topic for example.

Covid 19 is an immunity response to the industrialization of existence- born-pollutants just like me and you and our tool-like parents and all their fake pictures

The elites are fucking saddhus man, theyve got a nice pool, horny bitches, they smoke better pot than you listen, I WANT SOME FUCKING BLOOD AND I DONT CARE IF I HAVE TO KILL MY NEIGHBOUR MAN

--------------------
Master of none

Invisiblecannabinated

Re: COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season) [Re: Perusha_Kyuden] * 2
    #26910368 - 08/31/20 05:55 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

CIA

Invisiblecannabinated

#26910369 - 08/31/20 05:56 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

asshat

Offlinemorrowasted
Worldwide Stepper
Male User Gallery

Loc: House of Mirrors
Re: COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season) [Re: cannabinated] * 1
    #26910469 - 08/31/20 06:39 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Just spoke with my friend on a vent who had a pulmonary embolism following covid19 infection via facetime with the help of a staff member. He was so heavily sedated and sick that I doubt he knew I was talking to him but it was... nice isn't the right word... good to be able to at least say some things. Sucks that they couldn't be said in person.

BTW Asante you can put me on your "trained medical professionals" list. I'll shoot you a PM with proof.

OfflinegopherS
Coffee Bean Extraordinaire
I'm a teapot

#26910475 - 08/31/20 06:40 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

If I put on a k95 and it fogs up my glasses when I breath, does that mean theres a gap at the top?

--------------------
For most of the normies out there, an operating system is just a bootloader for Google Chrome.

Since Disney has obtained tremendous value from the public domain, knows how important the public domain is, and is firmly determined to never contribute anything to it.

My pronouns are He and Him, and my adjectives are Fat and Jazzy

:kratom:

Offlinemorrowasted
Worldwide Stepper
Male User Gallery

Loc: House of Mirrors
Re: COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season) [Re: gopher]
    #26910499 - 08/31/20 06:55 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

It means the seal gets broken when you exhale for sure. when you're inhaling though the mask is likely to be pulled up against your skin so it still helps you. I'm guessing the force of the air moving out of the mask makes it extremely unlikely that anything will come in there when you are exhaling though. I would try to get a mask that loops behind your head though. This is the mask I wear at work which is now apparently available for purchase on amazon, it's a p100. the seal on this bad boy is ridiculous and it filters 99.97% of particles supposedly. you can detach the filters and scrub em with hand sanitizer to reuse. clean the body of the mask with soap and water though. dont spray lysol or any phenolic cleansers on there though, I made that mistake once

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale