Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinesBUD
enthusiast
bluish (bruised???) cake
    #782519 - 07/28/02 03:50 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

i got a few fruits on my first flush. Well i picked them and let it sit for a day hoping that maybe i may see a few more pins. Anywayz, 6 hours later after i picked them the cake started turning a bluish color, as if it was bruised in several places. I went ahead and dunked the cake and after sitting for a day or so the bruised color has eased a bit . But does anyone know what the hell that is and why that happened? And can i still get pins and fruits from this cake?????

Also i notice that shrooms tend to grow from the verm (underneath the cakes) and not form the sides (where the mycellium is) Why is that???
Does that mean if we remove all the verm from the ramsey seal before we place the cakes in the terrarium , that it will NOT get and shrooms at all. Just noticed that about all the pins i see on my cakes....and curious why it doesnt grow from all that lovely mycellium. i also notice a lil tiny pin but this had a white tip..is this the beggining before it turns to a reddish brown color (cap)??

Thx

sBUD =P

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLaCasta
Beyond Good andEvil

Loc: Chicago
Re: bluish (bruised???) cake [Re: sBUD]
    #782567 - 07/28/02 04:48 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Your wigging out......

--------------------

"Memories of high speeds when the cops crash, As I laugh pushin the gas while my glocks blast" -RIP Tupac

Invisibledog
straw dog

Loc: Route 66
Post deleted by Moe Howard [Re: sBUD]
    #782579 - 07/28/02 05:02 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

--------------------

Fascism (fash'izem) n. A governmental system marked by a centralized dictatorship, stringent socioeconomic controls, and often belligerent nationalism. see also: the Bush Administration.

OfflinesBUD
enthusiast
Re: bluish (bruised???) cake [Re: dog]
    #783661 - 07/29/02 08:23 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

They cant be dry cus i just dunked it. And it only turned bluish AFTER the fruits were picked.

Using perlite to humidify the chamber.
Anywayz we'll see in a weeks time if there is any fruits from this bruised cake. And if it gets worse
i'll chuck it. But it was really strange to see...sure wish some1 knew as to the cause of it!

sBUD

Offlinecdlove69
enthusiast
Loc: Never Never Lan
Re: bluish (bruised???) cake [Re: sBUD]
    #783748 - 07/29/02 09:05 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

maybe you damaged the cake when you were picking it...

Don't worry about the blueing.... Just make sure the cakes is properly hydrated and you should be good.

--------------------
Hi Mr. Po-Po... I'm drunk!!!

The Little Guy! <-- Best Syringes I've recieved!
The Hawks Eye <-- Best prints I've recieved!
The Sporeworks <-- Awesome service

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies