Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Re: I got fired from my job because i have panic attacks.... [Re: why_not_me]
    #7826942 -

why_not_me said:
Cowgold said:
If your condition is legitimate then get the disability.  This is just my opinion, but I think people give themselves excuses to fail.  You know... "I'm incapable blah blah blah...":shitstorm:  :yesnod:










nothing I'm saying is an excuse. you don't know my history man, I'm lucky I'm not stuck in a psychiatric hospital and I'm trying to be "normal" and function like everyone else.

just count your blessings you can function without being a basket case
like me.
:bored:



I count my blessing everyday.  It's a struggle keeping my head right.  Establishing a routine helps with that struggle.  And learning not to worry helps with the stress.  Still it's no cakewalk.  I hope you figure things out, but this isn't your employer's responsiblity.

"Woe is me"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I got fired from my job because i have panic attacks.... [Re: Cowgold]
    #7826962 -

:hehehe:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I got fired from my job because i have panic attacks.... [Re: im_on_a_boat]
    #7826975 -

Quote:
because they have a right not to hire you if you have a condition that could inhibit you from performing your job successfully.

which is bullshit i know.



Sooo... you think they should hire bus drivers that have epilepsy, as an example?  Yep, pure bullshit... you know.  :rolleyes:


--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I got fired from my job because i have panic attacks.... [Re: Seuss]
    #7827028 -

yeah or a daycare worker with tourettes.....


--------------------
~Earth is the Insane Asylum of the Universe~

A closed mind is a wonderful thing to lose.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I got fired from my job because i have panic attacks.... [Re: why_not_me]
    #7827152 -

why_not_me said:
yes i was there for less then 3 months, yes ive been diagnosed and had it written down before i had the job.  yes they knew i had those problems, and it happened again and then they fired me.

Can i even get unemployment since i havent been there long?



Walk in there show them a copy of the paper.That says you have it.    :cool:


--------------------
:Awesketch:

:cool: Fair is Fair :devil:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I got fired from my job because i have panic attacks.... [Re: Cowgold]
    #7827226 -

Cowgold said:
I would be aggrivated with an employee who couldn't handle or function under pressure.  If you can't perform then you shouldn't get paid.


Absolutely right.  If, regardless of whatever conditions you may have, you cannot perform your job efficiently, effectively, and safely; it is unreasonable to expect that an employer will keep you on board simply because you may be differently abled.  Find a job at which your condition will not affect your performance and/or work to improve your condition and/or file for disability.


drkrobotnik said:
that's harsh cowgold [and presumably geo].. a lot of people cant control that kinda shit.


That's reality is all it is.  If you started up a business and hired someone to help you, and it turns out they can't help you, why in the world should you be stuck with them?  No disrespect to why_not_me, but we all need to understand what our abilities and limitations are, and work within those constraints, in addition to working to improve our own personal well-being, knowledge, and skill set.

Good luck! :sun:


--------------------

--------------------
┼ ··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙·· ┼
...╬π╥ ╥π╬...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I got fired from my job because i have panic attacks.... [Re: Seuss]
    #7827234 -

yeah but something like a panic attack isn't nor can i see it as being potentially life-threatening in an office-type situation. much unlike a school bus driver with epilepsy.

i'm trying to show some sympathy for the guy and it's hard to do through the internet.

that was not a main point of my post.

but i digress.

i was more saying that it's bullshit for him. not that the law/rule is bullshit.

sorry that you misunderstood.

and geo.. i think it's bullshit because they knew of the condition before they hired him.. they could have chose not to hire him for someone else.. that's the whole mess of the situation.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I got fired from my job because i have panic attacks.... [Re: Gillette]
    #7827328 -

Gillette said:
My work fired a chick for having "panic attacks". She couldn't do ANYTHING without freaking out, they moved her to every single job in the restaurant and she still couldn't do it. She cried all the time, theres no way you could have someone like that work for you, especially in a high paced high stress atmosphere.



hahhahahaha.

anyway, The opposite happened to me. My job started giving me panic attacks, so I got a job that pays almost twice as much with a fraction of the responsibility and fucking quit.

What really pushed me over the edge was I kept coming in like 30 min late due to seriously being so stressed out I would cry out in my car in the parking lot before going in.

I was diagnosed with anxiety disorder and prescribed an anti-depressant... took the documentation in to show why I had been late that week, and they still wrote me up for being late.

I left three weeks later. funny enough, like two days after all that shit went down I got an acceptance letter from my current employer, and all my stress was immediately gone. I stopped taking the anti-depressants b/c I hear about nasty side effects/addictions and they were nothing recreational.


--------------------
We are not human beings going through a temporary spiritual experience.

We are spiritual beings going through a temporary human experience.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Good paying jobs and smoking pot???
( 1 2 all )
Kada 3,489 33 03/18/05 11:10 AM
by Smallworlds
* so i got fired from taco bell tonight
( 1 2 all )
wrestler_az 3,912 26 12/01/04 11:00 AM
by Todcasil
* That point when you finally decide: "I'm going to get fired!"
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 all )
trendalM 14,631 134 08/14/05 06:49 PM
by trendal
* -cease fire- war between shroomery and sacred shrooms
( 1 2 all )
ZippoZM 6,720 36 04/18/04 08:55 PM
by Mushit
* Got fired Great Scott 691 9 12/15/04 07:43 PM
by LunarEclipse
* Ever fired anyone? Supernova 651 7 12/14/04 03:16 AM
by fresh313
* its funny how jobs work kadakuda 1,176 8 11/26/04 03:02 PM
by felix
* panic tomara notapillow 783 10 07/09/05 10:38 AM
by notapillow

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
6,295 topic views. 2 members, 355 guests and 180 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 17 queries.