Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Mandolin help
    #7805794 -

I just got a mandolin for christmas. I have a book of chords and I've figured out the G major and minor scales so far. But I'm trying to find a website that will show me all the scales and modes as played on mandolin. I'm planning on taking a lesson or two but in the meantime a website like this would be helpful. If anyone knows of a site like that I'd appreciate it very much. Thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mandolin help [Re: BoneMan]
    #7807292 -

i think your best bet is to look for violin sites.
other than the doubled strings violin and mandolin are tuned and fingered pretty much the same.

another option is to tune it the same as the highest 4 strings on a guitar. no one will know the difference and you will cut down considerably on your learning curve (assuming you know guitar).

have fun
i hope this helps.

k


--------------------
----------------------------------------
we hope that you choke

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mandolin help [Re: BoneMan]
    #7807335 -

dont tune it to guitar... you will be hurting yourself in the long term.

it is the same tuning as a violin, so any violin site can help.


--------------------
No, no, you're not thinking, you're just being logical. ~ Niels Bohr

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mandolin help [Re: automan]
    #7809190 -

Thanks guys. I asked the guy at guitar center who I bought the mandolin from about it and he told me that the tuning was not the same as a violin. I had heard and read that mandolins and violins were tuned the same and this jerk just confused me.

Anyway I'm definitely not going to tune it to the top four strings of a guitar. I bought a mandolin to learn to play a mandolin. If I wanted to play something tuned like a guitar I would have bought another guitar. That would pretty much defeat the entire purpose of buying a mandolin.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Electric Violins memes 1,005 17 08/20/07 02:09 AM
by jewunit
* can someone please send me a FREE mandolin scales chords songsetc... mshrmmitch 572 2 10/16/05 10:39 PM
by skydog
* I've officially purchased a violin Toricious 632 11 01/13/05 04:41 PM
by spores
* Learning violin pmb 263 1 01/18/10 05:09 AM
by Met
* I'm learning Violin IamMatt 212 1 07/14/11 11:17 AM
by PinballWizard
* We got any Mandolin or Banjar players? Corporal Kielbasa 894 6 08/20/06 10:34 AM
by Corporal Kielbasa
* Need a "Lady Winner" song for the Mandolin ApJunkie 495 4 11/03/07 11:38 PM
by ApJunkie
* Anyone play the mandolin? Shamanintraining 468 3 01/26/09 06:21 PM
by moe.phan

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, automan, DividedQuantum
573 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 2 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.023 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 16 queries.