Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePsillyNinjuh
Ninjuh
Loc: Dojo
Uncolonized jars - re-innoculate?
    #780262 - 07/27/02 12:19 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

My friend innoculated 12 jars recently. Six PR and six PESA (syringes from Spore Haven). After two weeks only two have visible signs of mycelium. Zero jars show any contamination. Should he innoculate the jars again??

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineindkebr
Loc: Colorado
Re: Uncolonized jars - re-innoculate? [Re: PsillyNinjuh]
    #780275 - 07/27/02 12:25 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

No, just wait a few more days.. if two show growth, the syringes prolly were fine

--------------------

Invisiblemickey_rourke
Illegal Smile
Loc: Playa del Carmen
    #780278 - 07/27/02 12:26 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

If you do decide to innoculate them again, it might be a good idea to PC the jars before you knock them up.

--------------------
"I tried to put it all behind me, but my redneck past is nipping at my heels.." -- Ben Folds Five

Invisiblepaleopaque
hot sexualchocolate
Loc: eritrea
    #780308 - 07/27/02 12:48 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

what temps are they being incubated at? the lower the temp, the longer the colonization takes.... i'd go with mickey_rourke's advice... def. pc them if you plan on re-inocculating them. good luck! -b

InvisibleSixTango
Mycota

Loc: A little North of Paradis...
Re: Uncolonized jars - re-innoculate? [Re: paleopaque]
    #780342 - 07/27/02 01:09 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

How many full days have you waited since innoc(?) & what temp are they being stored at? SixTango

--------------------
~whiskey river rafting, hot tubbing, dirty dancing & spending money on - wild women - having fun & just gonna waste the rest~

Offlinepleezr
fuct

Loc: NW
    #780399 - 07/27/02 01:44 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

2 weeks is a long time, something is definatly wrong. No point in waiting longer. I would not waste the more spore solution on them jars. Start fresh and try again.

--------------------
pleezr

"Tell me about the fucking golf shoes!!"

InvisibleTM
The Mind, The Many, The Music.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Under The Table And Dream...
    #781101 - 07/27/02 08:31 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I had (12) 1 pint jars (3 different strains) show NO GROWTH after 16 days.. Then a little bit showed in each after 21 days. ?Then I added 12 cc's of distilled water to each jar and growth has been increasing slowly... I plan to add more water tomorrow (30th day).

Point being.... Patience is key... correct moisture helps.

--------------------
================================================

"Have some congratulatory drugs." - C. Montgomery Burns

I'll probably always do drugs, so that just contributes to the addiction to The Shroomery... It's a vicious circle of bliss. :tongue2:

TMâ„¢ :cool:

OfflinePsillyNinjuh
Ninjuh
    #781341 - 07/28/02 02:11 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Well, my friends jars were pre-sterilized from MMMM and the syringes from Spore Haven. He doesnt have a PC yet. The jars are being incubated in a chamber at 85 degrees.

OfflinePsillyNinjuh
Ninjuh
    #781633 - 07/28/02 07:55 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

*bump*

OfflinePsillyNinjuh
Ninjuh
    #782576 - 07/28/02 04:59 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

anyone have anything to add?

Offlinepleezr
fuct

#782720 - 07/28/02 06:32 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah.......

Start again my brotha!

--------------------
pleezr

InvisibleShaw

#783018 - 07/28/02 09:31 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

how much solution per jar, and what's your substrate.

--------------------

Offlinebigslick
science fictionwriter

Loc: just behind you
    #783366 - 07/29/02 05:14 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Did you shake syringes prior to innoculation?

I've had jars for over a month with no signs of growth and reinnoculated them and they have done just fine.

I myself find it better to waste spore solution than to waste time making up new jars but thats just me

--------------------

Everything I write is a total work of fiction

Offlinepleezr
fuct

Re: Uncolonized jars - re-innoculate? [Re: bigslick]
    #783460 - 07/29/02 06:08 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

In reply to:

I myself find it better to waste spore solution than to waste time making up new jars but thats just me

That would be more of a waste than just spore solution. It is not a waste of time to make up new jars. It is the smarter way to go, rather than risk reinoculating them. They are more likely to spoil. A new set of jars is a fresh start. Reinoculating would be a waste of spores and time if/when the jars spoil.

--------------------
pleezr

Invisiblemickey_rourke
Illegal Smile
Re: Uncolonized jars - re-innoculate? [Re: pleezr]
    #783472 - 07/29/02 06:17 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

If you PC the jars for 45 min. at 15 lb., how could it be more likely to spoil than a new jar if there are no obvious signs of contamination???

--------------------
"I tried to put it all behind me, but my redneck past is nipping at my heels.." -- Ben Folds Five

Offlinepleezr
fuct

Re: Uncolonized jars - re-innoculate? [Re: mickey_rourke]
    #783502 - 07/29/02 06:42 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I soppose you could resterilize them. With the time they have been sitting and a second sterilization, I would guess the moisture content in the jars would be unsufficient for maxium fruiting. Contams are not always obvious BTW.

--------------------
pleezr

Invisiblemickey_rourke
Illegal Smile
    #783625 - 07/29/02 07:58 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Pleezr, even new jars are contaminated and yes, there are no obvious signs of contamination. Do this for me. Mix up a fresh batch of BRF, pack the jars, and then let them sit around for a couple of weeks. Did they spoil? Of course. This is because microorganisms existed in the jars, therefore, you must sterilize them. If the guy's stalled jars are re-sterilized with a PC, the microorganisms are killed just like with a new jar. My only concern would be toxins that could have been created by any microorganisms that developed in the stalled jars and maybe the h20 content.

If it were me, I would take the risk and resterilize the old substrate. Mixing up the BRF, packing jars, cleaning jars, etc. take up alot of time. Throwing premade jars into the PC and then shooting them sounds better.

--------------------

Offlinepleezr
fuct

#783854 - 07/29/02 10:06 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

In reply to:

Do this for me. Mix up a fresh batch of BRF, pack the jars, and then let them sit around for a couple of weeks. Did they spoil? Of course. This is because microorganisms existed in the jars, therefore, you must sterilize them.

Why would I want to do this? PF substrate is elemetry IMO. If I were to do so, I am confident they will NOT spoil. If sterilization was sufficient, all should be well. You seem to have the impression I dont know what I am talking about. No offense, but I have all the knowledge of cultivation I need, there really is nothing more for me to learn when it comes to cubensis cultivation. But thaks anyway

--------------------
pleezr

Invisiblemickey_rourke
Illegal Smile
    #784032 - 07/29/02 11:25 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

If you read my post, I asked you to mix up the BRF and then let it sit -WITHOUT- sterilizing first. It -WILL- spoil. This was to illustrate the fact that mixing up fresh BRF jars usually results in jars that are contaminated and will spoil readily without sterilization. This was to support my claim that if there was no observable evidence of contamination, it would be simpler and require less effort to just resterilize the stalled jars.

Alas, maybe one day I will be an expert like you. That way I can also say, "but I have all the knowledge of cultivation I need, there really is nothing more for me to learn when it comes to cubensis cultivation."

--------------------

Offlinepleezr
fuct

#784350 - 07/29/02 02:12 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Give me a break! Of course they will go bad if they are not sterilized! Thats a given. Why prove that point? Everyone knows that!

Alas, maybe someday you will But really, need not direct your statement at me as if I didnt know. This is why I wanted to make it clear I know what I'm talking about, you dont need to clarify. You were obviously unaware if you felt you needed to tell me a unsterilized jar will spoil.

Yep quote it, write it down, tell a friend(acually dont ). Dont question my ability. I was trying to help the fellow with my experience, which has gotten me far.

Good luck and I hope some day you are an expert cultivator like me Lmfao..... I am no "expert" yet I get exelent results, so I think my advice is good advice.

--------------------
pleezr

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder