Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
My first Pleurotus djamor
    #778129 -


P. djamor on straw 10 days after inoculation. I keep them in kitchen (room temp and RH). Those who were placed nearer to the window seem to form more primordia.
Here are some pics:

Young mushrooms:


Bigger ones:


Underside:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My first Pleurotus djamor [Re: zeronio]
    #778411 -

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Post deleted by Administrator [Re: zeronio]
    #778527 -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My first Pleurotus djamor [Re: Anonymous]
    #778718 -

10 days ia about right for pink oysters, unless you're trying to colonize a huge amount of substrate first. They're one of the fastest growing shrooms you can hope to find

Do keep giving them some light. Djamor is very photosensitive. (I believe they like ~1000 lux for primordia formation and fruiting).

-pysco


--------------------
It may look like a button mushroom right now, but wait until you see how it grows!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My first Pleurotus djamor [Re: Anonymous]
    #781147 -

I spawned it with wheat grain spawn. The spawn rate was about 10%. The straw was just pasteurized.
Mature mushroos release clouds of spores that can be seen in sun beams coming trough the window. Unfortunately I wasn't able to take a picture of that.
Their smell reminds me of apricots. I remember a post in this forum asking about what mushrooms could be "apricot cantharelles" as they are sold in south africa.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My first Pleurotus djamor [Re: zeronio]
    #781474 -

beautiful gill shot
oysters are a great edible species, keep the pics comin...


--------------------
...
overgrow

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My first Pleurotus djamor [Re: zeronio]
    #781871 -

Re: oysters and spores....in commercial environments you generally wear masks to stop the inhalation of spores...because oysters are such proflific sporalators!

Have you considered trying coffee grounds or H2O2 treated newspaper as substrates?

-psyco


--------------------
It may look like a button mushroom right now, but wait until you see how it grows!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My first Pleurotus djamor [Re: psyconaut]
    #782948 -

"Have you considered trying coffee grounds or H2O2 treated newspaper as substrates?"

I'm going to inoculate some paper next time. Has anybody tried it? Stamets is growing them from his books but I thought that it would be better to schred it and pasteurize it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My first Pleurotus djamor [Re: zeronio]
    #782966 -

You're going to shred Stamets book before innoculating it?

I'm just about to try newsprint treated with some H2O2 myself for bulk oyster growing. I have some cheap ($5) plastic storage bins that'd be great for bulk growing.

I'm curious how stamets innoculated books and an old armchair -- did he sprinkle them with grain spawn, or maybe culture liquid mycelium and spread that on them?

-psyco


--------------------
It may look like a button mushroom right now, but wait until you see how it grows!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My first Pleurotus djamor [Re: psyconaut]
    #783096 -

No, no. I'm not going to schred Stamets book. I meant paper in general.
I think that armchair with shrooms growing on it is just inoculated straw shaped as an armchair.
Are you going to pasteurize paper or just soak it in H2O2 solution?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My first Pleurotus djamor [Re: zeronio]
    #783103 -

I was actually planning on pasteurizing the newsprint.....straining well.....then spraying with .5% H2O2 solution.

I've read that you can direct innoculate with liquid mycelium (I happen to have some already), so I'll try that on a very small test bed. Probably work-up some grain spawn if things look good.

I will, naturally, post results

-psyco


--------------------
It may look like a button mushroom right now, but wait until you see how it grows!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My first Pleurotus djamor [Re: zeronio]
    #783112 -

FYI....fresh newsprint is actually relatively sterile, apparantly. Most of the solvents used in the printing processs evaporate before the paper gets to you, and the pasteurization process will help wash away what little is left.

-psyco


--------------------
It may look like a button mushroom right now, but wait until you see how it grows!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My first Pleurotus djamor [Re: psyconaut]
    #824723 -

I'm just starting into oyster cultivation, using straw. Newspaper might be a great next step, considering I have access to more newspaper then anyone could ever need. I know people at the local newspaper that can get me access to their recycling bin!


--------------------
Vote Jonnyshaggs in the next election for GOD...Its the responsible choice

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My first Pleurotus djamor [Re: psyconaut]
    #837186 -

i colonised a few 250ml jars of cardboard and was surprised to find that the ones i didnt use to spawn straw actually fruited by themselves - small but substantial fruiting too!


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My first Pleurotus djamor [Re: zeronio]
    #839469 -

mmmm... I can feel the frying pan warming up already.
Nice job on those oysters. Going to try those a little later this year.
very inspiring pics!


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My first Pleurotus djamor [Re: zeronio]
    #839587 -

Those are the shit right there man!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Pleurotus Djamor (Pink Oyster) Papertowels Growlog - fruiting
( 1 2 all )
ohmatic 17,267 37 05/09/19 06:54 PM
by mycopanda
* Pleurotus djamor ~~updated pictures~~ AnnoA 3,183 12 01/05/02 07:15 AM
by Anno
* Pl. djamor on agar. How long till I see growth? Baby_Hitler 1,624 6 03/26/03 09:08 AM
by Baby_Hitler
* apricot chantrelles? durban_poison 2,092 6 06/22/02 09:08 AM
by durban_poison
* Pl. djamor Agar Clone Experiment EvilMushroom666 1,045 6 12/07/10 05:57 PM
by EvilMushroom666
* Pluerotus djamor mycelium? trich_cultivator 782 3 10/12/08 04:57 PM
by trich_cultivator
* Pleurotus Djamor : Pink Oyster [Prof_P's. Monotubz]
( 1 2 3 all )
ProfessorPinHead 6,154 53 04/13/11 05:28 PM
by NSF
* Flammulina velutipes / Hypholoma capnoides /Pleurotus djamor spawn FOR FREE! FreeSporePrints 3,353 17 03/26/09 11:59 AM
by FreeSporePrints

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: RogerRabbit, cronicr, Pastywhyte, Forrester, Stromrider, SHROOMSISAY01
2,874 topic views. 1 members, 2 guests and 4 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.035 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 14 queries.