Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Re: How to buy blood diamonds? also POLL [Re: Asante]
    #7770008 -

that actually reminds me of a show called madventures here in finland...at the end of the series the guy who was going around the world paid for his whole trip with a flawless diamond he got in either africa or asia..i've forgotten.

he had a doctor pull it out from the inside of his upper arm :p

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How to buy blood diamonds? also POLL [Re: boO]
    #7771550 -

Well, I found out that it isn't possible to send it legally with duty.

It is actually ILLEGAL to send gold or diamonds through the Chinese postal system.

So at least now I don't feel cheap for wanting to avoid the duty.

I would of course just put it in my bag and carry it with me, but the problem is that I'm not going to China and I don't know anyone who is. So unless I decide to entrust it in some random person I meet online, that's not an option.

And no, I will not purchase a diamond in Hong Kong. Although Hong Kong pays no duty on the diamonds and gold they import, they do not exactly pass t his savings onto the buyer. Prices in Hong Kong are so inflated. I'd hate to have to buy it there.

That and the fact that I don't know I'm getting a good deal, plus the fact that I still have to import it into China (but on my person) and it costs me about $150 to go to Hong Kong and $10 a night to sleep, plus $10 a day to eat, at the very very least.

On top of that I would have to get a new visa when for when I come back to China.

And as for Beijing. I can travel there and back really uncomfortably for $30 and could probably find an illegal guest house for $5 and eat pretty cheaply, but the problem remains that they are notorious for switching out the diamonds and inflating prices. Especially for foreigners. A lot of the certificates are fake or switched. Everything is fake here.

And no, she doesn't need a diamond ring and definately not the cost, but I already showed her the picture when we chose the ring and plus she's going to wear this for presumably the rest of her life, so I'm going for quality here.

And if it got lost in the mail, she'd marry me anyway and understand that I was an idiot.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* syd barrett is dead , shine on you crazy diamond
( 1 2 3 all )
KingOftheThing 5,981 58 07/14/06 11:53 PM
by NobodyCares
* why are diamonds and gold so valuable?
( 1 2 all )
JCoke 4,080 33 07/31/05 10:45 PM
by SneezingPenis
* am i an a*#hol@?? *poll*
( 1 2 all )
willmafingerdo 2,338 29 08/05/05 06:30 AM
by Alobar
* My husband got me roses
( 1 2 all )
MOTH 3,308 25 09/22/04 07:22 PM
by goobler
* why do women like diamonds so much?
( 1 2 3 all )
KingOftheThing 3,652 40 12/06/05 02:19 PM
by adrug
* Poll : Which goes in first , milk or cereal
( 1 2 all )
freddurgan 5,750 37 07/11/05 12:33 AM
by Toddo
* POLL if you Girlfriend or wife hates it when she sees this site.
( 1 2 3 all )
WhiteBunny 4,760 41 01/11/06 03:02 PM
by MOTH
* Ramen Thread Poll
( 1 2 all )
Phychotron 1,844 30 09/14/05 01:19 AM
by Skunk420

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
4,902 topic views. 6 members, 217 guests and 187 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.021 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 15 queries.