Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |
Re: What's the last concert you went to? [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #7605370 -

Warped Tour 2006 I guess...

But I disregard that, I'm waiting to go to my first real concert


--------------------
There is no valid reason you should be reading this

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What's the last concert you went to? [Re: Hyper_Panda_GO]
    #7611690 -

I saw Modest Mouse last night and it was fucking fantastic. I was surprised to see they had six people on stage the whole time. There was Isaac Brock on guitar and the occasional Banjo, Johnny Marr (of the Smiths fame), two drummers/percussionists, and two guys who switched off between bass and keys.

I enjoyed the opener just as much though: a Philadelphia band called Man Man. I can't describe their music in any meaningful way (check them out on myspace http://www.myspace.com/wearemanman) but it was great. Very high energy live show, see them if you get a chance.


--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What's the last concert you went to? [Re: WhiskeyClone]
    #7612246 -

Man Man is like a bunch of pirates on the deck of a ship in stormy seas performing a musical, on acid.

I saw the Black Angels last night along with A Place To Bury Strangers. The Black Angels sucked. Completely lackluster, none of the songs had the energy they do on the album.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
. [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #7612315 -

.

Edited by Yrtlzmo (02/03/13 10:51 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What's the last concert you went to? [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #7612366 -

OneLessForeskin said:
Man Man is like a bunch of pirates on the deck of a ship in stormy seas performing a musical, on acid.




That's a perfect description :lol: ...  I want to be an acid pirate :pirate:

We actually ran into them on the street later in the night and chatted for a bit.  Pretty down-to-earth guys.  I'd see them again any day.

Too bad about the Black Angels.  I pictured them having a pretty awesome live show.  Modest Mouse played an awesome set, my only complaint was that they focused on the last three albums, didn't play enough older stuff.  I guess that's kind of typical for any band though.


--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What's the last concert you went to? [Re: WhiskeyClone]
    #7612827 -

Most bands focus on the stuff people are more likely to purchase and that's understandable.

I saw Queen during the Bicycle Race/Fat Bottom Girls tour in Toronto in '79 and I don't like that album so I put up with the performances of the stuff from it just to be able to see them and then they did it...among a few others I like a lot they played Bohemian Rapsody..ah...
it was worth it just for that!
MIC


--------------------

My inner child runs with scissors but plays nicely with others!

Sometimes the light's all shine'in on me,
Other times I can barely see.
Lately it occurs to me,
What a looong strange trip it's been! ~ Truck'in

Edited by MyInnerChild (11/08/07 09:04 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What's the last concert you went to? [Re: MyInnerChild]
    #7612897 -

93
Not quite fitting to what most consider a concert, but I saw Robert Fripp and the league of crafty guitarists on Monday.  First row baby, Bert could have kicked me in the face if he wanted to.  Anyway, it's impressive that 9 guitarists could put on a show like that.  Only 2 noted bobbles(from the crafties, not from Robert of course). I can see how this type of music would'nt appeal to most but it proves that amazing music can emerge from atypical group structures.  And he actually STOOD UP and played an acoustic song with the group at the end!  Oh yes, I 93'd him at an appropriate time:cool:. No noticeable acknowledgement.
93 93/93


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What's the last concert you went to? [Re: lavod]
    #7613047 -

Shadows fall with Static X a few weeks ago.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What's the last concert you went to? [Re: Liquid_Dimension]
    #7613942 -

The last band i went to see was ' As I Lay Dying ' which was great.

Next lined up in Machine Head which should be awesome!


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What's the last concert you went to? [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #7616064 -

OneLessForeskin said:
Man Man is like a bunch of pirates on the deck of a ship in stormy seas performing a musical, on acid.




I saw them at Echo (sober, actually) and liked most of their songs, but some were not my thing


--------------------
channel your inner Larry David

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What's the last concert you went to? [Re: demiu5]
    #7616402 -

Went to an amazing show at Chicago's Metro last night.

I'm going to list the line-up because it was three of my absolute favorite bands. Like going to a music festival and seeing only the best groups there:

Battles (Saw em this summer at Pitchfork, it was a totally different experience in a small venue - but equally good, probably better. Few bands can rival their intensity, passion.)

Caribou (Had never seen them before but I really dig Up in Flames and Start Breaking my Heart. Wasn't a big fan of Andorra until after seeing them perform most of it live - orgasmic!)

Born Ruffians (A really under-appreciated band, IMO. Saw them open last year for Hot Chip and have been captivated since. They have yet to release an official LP but their EP is pure gold. They made a lot of self-effacing remarks which leads me to believe, besides that they're humble, that they aren't getting the recognition they deserve - check em out!)

White Williams was on the bill too. Had never heard of them but they performed very well, too.

Overall it was an amazing experience shared with a special lady friend of mine. :smile:

Edited by btb103 (11/09/07 06:53 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What's the last concert you went to? [Re: btb103]
    #7616763 -

Yeah that lineup comes through NYC this coming week, definitely intend to catch itg.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What's the last concert you went to? [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #7736875 -

saw the everybodyfields a few days back

always a good show, but this was a darker, less dancing-music set


--------------------
channel your inner Larry David

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What's the last concert you went to? [Re: demiu5]
    #7740813 -

um i guess Blissfest, ive been pretty broke so i haven't been able to see much lately.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What's the last concert you went to? [Re: Phish_Dude]
    #7747104 -

Velvet Revolver show in Detroit. Had to sit through a emo opening band called kill hannah. Mainly went because Alice in chains was there.


--------------------
So good to see you, I've missed you so much.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What's the last concert you went to? [Re: CokedUpHobit64]
    #7755885 -

Neil Young last night.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What's the last concert you went to? [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #7756031 -

i saw eric prydz in the beggining of november.


--------------------
Not necessarily stoned, but beautiful

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What's the last concert you went to? [Re: A0999]
    #7756034 -

oh yeah, i saw lee burridge that same night too.


--------------------
Not necessarily stoned, but beautiful

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What's the last concert you went to? [Re: A0999]
    #7756075 -

tool about a week ago.


--------------------
https://kenaisigh.bandcamp.com/ <- Just completed the 2021 RPM challenge for February - An EP in one month (5 songs or 20 minutes). Check it out!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What's the last concert you went to? [Re: Syle]
    #7758962 -

modest mouse, with man man

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Best live concerts you've seen
( 1 2 3 all )
jewunit 4,314 45 09/03/08 11:03 AM
by SHiZNO
* The String Cheese Incident- Live in Portland, Maine Shamanintraining 368 0 01/03/09 05:26 PM
by Shamanintraining
* What bands/artists have you seen in concert?
( 1 2 3 4 all )
silversoul7 9,559 62 12/27/07 11:10 PM
by pinkfloydms
* Confusion on Opeth concert in Tampa/St.Pete Nov 12th MadSeasonAbove 1,121 10 11/02/05 03:32 PM
by Harbinger
* Deerhoof in concert and bringing back the moshpit gluke bastid 938 11 02/01/06 02:15 PM
by gluke bastid
* RATDOG COMING TO PORTLAND!!!!!!!!!!! Footprint 883 9 12/18/05 08:12 PM
by CreamPuffWar
* First Outdoor Concert Of The Year!!!!! SporeX 1,071 10 05/25/04 04:22 PM
by SporeX
* Ben Harper / Jack Johnson concert Noviseer 1,365 9 08/13/03 08:06 PM
by Help on the Way

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, automan, DividedQuantum
14,885 topic views. 1 members, 0 guests and 24 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.037 seconds spending 0.012 seconds on 18 queries.