Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Planet Earth
    #7744453 -

I ate a bunch of shrooms the other day and just sat and watched every single episode of planet earth in HD.
absolutely fucking amazing.

it is truly the best production to ever come out. High speed camera's catching shots like...



anyway, if you havent watched them, you really need to. It isnt the same old fluff and panoramic views of volcanos or whatnot.... there are animals on there that you most likely have never seen or heard of before , and they have been captured so well in their natural habitat.
The lengths these people went through to get these shots were incredibly labor intensive and sometimes rather life threatening, such as the guy who filmed up close a group of piranhas devouring a fish.

but what I really made this for was to see if anyone could remember the name of the animal on the "shallow seas" episode that looked like a manatee with legs and a wide elephant trunk, that ate nothing but algae.
It had a really weird name like mushugugu.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Planet Earth [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #7744455 -

ah, I found it.... Dugongs.

and they dont have legs.... but cool looking nonetheless.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Planet Earth [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #7744497 -

it is a super good series. personally my favorite is the caves one.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Planet Earth [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #7744527 -

Astounding show


--------------------
There is no valid reason you should be reading this

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Planet Earth [Re: relativexistance]
    #7744537 -



--------------------
All that groks is God.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Planet Earth [Re: Riboflavin]
    #7744545 -

I'm gonna look into downloading a torrent of the HD version...I saw some of them on TV, but HD would be boobies.


--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, federal, or fashion police laws. All posts are works of fiction.

For well you know that its a fool who plays it cool
By making his world a little colder.

Under closer inspection I realised it was a funky ball of tits from outer space.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Planet Earth [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #7744548 -

david attenborough is god

when we got our HD projector that was the first thing we watched...the HD planet earth on blu ray

last year for christmas i bought my husband the entire david attenborough collection...with planet earth, some of david's earlier works and blue planet. THE most amazing footage shot EVER.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Planet Earth [Re: relativexistance]
    #7744556 -

relativexistance said:
it is a super good series. personally my favorite is the caves one.



caves is a good one, but ocean deep is the best one.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Planet Earth [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #7744818 -

I want to buy an HDTV just to watch stuff like this in hidef. I was watching an episode and the camera guy had to bury himself for a day and a half just to catch a shot of some illusive animal. That's dedication!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Planet Earth [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #7744836 -

I love watching those DVD's on shrooms. So much.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Planet Earth [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #7744851 -

I've seen bits and pieces and clips of these shows, but I've purposely avoided watching them in full so far. I am gonna get the set on blu-ray and watch them on my new 46" flat panel. I love nature shows but I want to experience these in all their glory the first time through.


--------------------
You invented the wheel....You push the motherfucker!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Planet Earth [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #7744853 -

i've got the first 6 dloaded in 720 dpi hdtv avi format. it's pretty fucking awesome on my 22" LCD monitor. I routinely vape up, turn on an episode, marvel at the first 30-40 minutes of it, and pass out right at/before the end. it's awesome.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Planet Earth [Re: ToTheSummit]
    #7744855 -

Oh, and as a side note, I got to eat a dugong when I was in Australia. It was nasty.


--------------------
You invented the wheel....You push the motherfucker!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Planet Earth [Re: ToTheSummit]
    #7744901 -

What I don't get is why they chose SIGNOURNEY WEAVER as the narrator for the US version. Why bother at all with a narrator other than David Attenborough?


--------------------
(Everything written here is the work or genesis of my best buddy's girlfriend's dog's-friend's cat's owner. If it has been written in the first person, the reason has been for clarity.)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Planet Earth [Re: HappyTripping]
    #7744909 -

I guess James Earl Jones was busy.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Planet Earth [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #7745021 -

I LOVE this series. I remember not to long ago I was wondering what ever happened to the nature documentaries I used to watch as a kid. I'm glad to see they're making a comeback.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Planet Earth [Re: Silversoul]
    #7745069 -

Planet earth is absolutely amazing. I was very baked a few days ago and turn on the tv, Im obsessed with reefs and coral, and by random chance planet earth showed the shallow and deep seas back to back. It felt like the planets were perfectly aligned for me for just a few moments, shows that good are never on tv haha. That was an awesome night.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Planet Earth [Re: fear.loathingSF]
    #7745484 -

I fucking love planet earth on HDTV, especially with some nice shrooms to really bring out the colors.

AM I RITE

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Planet Earth [Re: primal21]
    #7745567 -

Ya, i didn't know this documentary existed until i saw it on tv. Now every time i see it on i always tune in.


--------------------
"To do right is to know what you want. Now when you are dissatisfied with yourself it's because you are after something you don't really want. What objects are you proposing to yourself? Are they the objects you really value? If they are not, you are cheating yourself. I don't meant that if you chose to pursue the objects you most value, you will attain them; of course not. Your experience will tell you that. But success in getting after much labor what you really don't care for is the bitterest and most ridiculous failure." -George Santayana

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Planet Earth [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #7745667 -

This thread inspired me to download a few episodes
So far I have jungle and deep ocean.. can't find caves though
:crankey:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* I really want to buy the "Planet Earth" box set... Konnrade 1,889 16 04/14/07 10:15 PM
by Konnrade
* standard version of planet earth.. Layzie 643 6 01/05/09 09:20 AM
by badchad
* How should I get Planet Earth?
( 1 2 all )
Rainman420 2,785 31 03/26/08 07:59 AM
by DiabloSmurf
* Obama getting schooled by David Attenborough Cepheus 432 4 08/01/15 10:20 AM
by Kickle
* Planet Earth mini series
( 1 2 3 all )
daytripper05 4,232 54 04/02/07 12:50 PM
by chemiKalz
* Blue Planet ElementsToLife 1,428 12 03/04/09 10:39 PM
by Snaggletooth
* Planet Earth Cepheus 648 11 09/04/07 01:07 AM
by HELLA_TIGHT
* Planet Earth deadHead321 484 5 04/02/07 11:40 AM
by Boom

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,752 topic views. 1 members, 17 guests and 139 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.