Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleChe_Night_Soil
Koinoniphobic

Loc: Commonslaughtia
Ripper's humidification tek from 1/00
    #756901 - 07/18/02 04:47 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I found this seemingly very cool tek while doing an unrelated search, and was wondering (not intending irreverence, Ripper) how well it works...has anyone else tried this?

Well, after a little experimentation (and a lot of BAD THINGS) I figured out a GREAT thing to do with a 10 gallon aquarium.

Materials:
1/2 pint jar
drill with 1/4" drill bit and 1/32" drill bit (about the size of a syringe needle)
air pump (some hose too)
perlite

Allright, first you want to prepare the lid to the jar...on one side you want to drill a 1/4" hole, and on the other you want to drill about 5 1/32" holes toward the top. Now you want to fill the jar completely with perlite and add about 1.5" of water. Now add about 25 mL of hydrogen peroxide. Next screw the top on and insert your air pump hose into the 1/4" hole (I used some rubber cement to seal this). Now lay this sideways...I actually attached this with duct tape to the side wall of an aquarium and it got the 15 gallon aquarium to 95% humidity in about 70 minutes. VERY COMPACT HUMIDIFICATION TEK!

Let me know what you think...remember turn the jar on its side so that the side of the lid that has the air hose in it is on the bottom-- that way the air pump is bubbling the water through the perlite.

As a quick aside: what's a good material to use when making your own small terrarium filter (for any given terrarium hole)? Thanks

--------------------
if(human==autoPart){
for(i=1;i<infinity;i++){
getBorn(mind,soul);
getEdu(mind,soul);
getJob(mind,soul);
retire(mind,soul);
die(mind,soul);
}
}

Edited by Che_Night_Soil (07/18/02 04:57 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblephrozendata
Carpal Tunnel

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Ripper's humidification tek from 1/00 [Re: Che_Night_Soil]
    #756921 - 07/18/02 04:54 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

sounds a lot like the pitcher tek.

--------------------
"There's only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving and that's your own self. So you have to begin there, not
outside, not on other people" - Aldous Huxley

OfflineDaMigraine
Beats so hard itrequiresprotection
Loc: New Hampshire
Re: Ripper's humidification tek from 1/00 [Re: Che_Night_Soil]
    #757187 - 07/18/02 06:10 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

As a quick aside: what's a good material to use when making your own small terrarium filter (for any given terrarium hole)? Thanks

Polyfill, usually found in pillows and stuff of the like.

--------------------
I keep my posts like a bikini bottom, long enough to cover the subject... short enough to keep it interesting.

OfflineJohnnyR
mi cixelsyd

Loc: a hot place
Re: Ripper's humidification tek from 1/00 [Re: DaMigraine]
    #757199 - 07/18/02 06:14 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

"I keep my posts like a bikini bottom, long enough to cover the subject... short enough to keep it interesting."

my 9th grade English teacher told me that... cept it was about Essays and instead of "bikini bottom" (wtf is up with that anyway) she used skirt...

--------------------
-----------------------------------------

InvisibleChe_Night_Soil
Koinoniphobic

Loc: Commonslaughtia
Re: Ripper's humidification tek from 1/00 [Re: DaMigraine]
    #758090 - 07/19/02 03:35 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks, guys.

--------------------
if(human==autoPart){
for(i=1;i<infinity;i++){
getBorn(mind,soul);
getEdu(mind,soul);
getJob(mind,soul);
retire(mind,soul);
die(mind,soul);
}
}

OfflineDaMigraine
Beats so hard itrequiresprotection
Loc: New Hampshire
Re: Ripper's humidification tek from 1/00 [Re: JohnnyR]
    #758632 - 07/19/02 07:46 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Gawd damn.... My 9th grade english teacher said that shit, almost word for word with my sig. (He said it about essays as well).

--------------------
I keep my posts like a bikini bottom, long enough to cover the subject... short enough to keep it interesting.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag