Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Perlite, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinelysergic
Mycophile!
ShroomGods humidifier tek
    #1642605 - 06/18/03 05:08 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I was reading the tek on making a humidifier that ALSO does "constant" air exchange, and I had a few questions.

http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/7994 is the location of the initial tek

It seems from this that no humidity would even get into the grow space. If the mist was allowed to condense on the side of the hose, which was set up so that the drops dripped back into the humidifier. How does this get any moisture into the tanks, and how does it do air exchange? I really wnat to achieve the goal of perfect humidity ANd air exchange, so I hope someone out there can clarify this for me a bit. Any one ever experiment with this tek?

--------------------
In response to an attack killing 15 American Servicemen
PsiloKitten said:
Just give em a little more time, the iraqis are making great progress. And this is unorganized. Wait till they get organized.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinekukusz
Owner of belowhot monkey!

Loc: East Coast
Re: ShroomGods humidifier tek [Re: lysergic]
    #1642641 - 06/18/03 05:22 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

The air itself is very saturated with tiny particles of water. The ones that condense on the tube are just some of this amount, more than enough water still gets through the tubing into the terrarium. You are speaking of a cool mist, right? Most of the water could condense and you would still be fine.

--------------------
All of my posts are for discussion purposes only. All posts concerning cultivation of mushrooms refer to legal gourmet mushrooms only. Yes, I support monkey-human relationships.

Offlinelysergic
Mycophile!
Re: ShroomGods humidifier tek [Re: kukusz]
    #1642650 - 06/18/03 05:26 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Interesting. I think I'm going to set one of these up in a grow space that isnt being used and let it run and see what type of humidity I get. I guess that with a 24 hour run time, it just gets soo much humidity .... cool

--------------------
PsiloKitten said:
Just give em a little more time, the iraqis are making great progress. And this is unorganized. Wait till they get organized.

Offlinekukusz

#1642672 - 06/18/03 05:37 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

My friend's setup looks like this and he has great success...

and

--------------------
All of my posts are for discussion purposes only. All posts concerning cultivation of mushrooms refer to legal gourmet mushrooms only. Yes, I support monkey-human relationships.

Edited by kukusz (06/18/03 05:45 PM)

OfflineMAGICSNOOP
mob boss
Loc: bud park
    #1642874 - 06/18/03 06:57 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

if u loop the hose around then cut a hole in it(small puncture) and put a bowl under it it will catch the build up and demist at the same time by the way running that humidifyer all the time is gona do more harm than good even though it wioll work it will damage tha structor of the network by over saturation and cause over and all kinda of problems
100% humidity is not mean leave the humidifyer on all the time 4 to 5 times a day 10 min a time will give u right there whre u need take it from me i fucked a hole batch off thinking tha same shit

Offlinekukusz

Re: ShroomGods humidifier tek [Re: MAGICSNOOP]
    #1643044 - 06/19/03 12:14 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Hey snoop, did you get condensation on your cakes at all? My friend leaves the above setup on 24-7 (there are vent holes melted in the bottom that you can't see in the pic) and his cakes are not wet looking at all. Anyways, I want to make sure that as long as they don't look wet I can tell my friend he is ok...

--------------------

OfflineMAGICSNOOP
mob boss
Loc: bud park
    #1643317 - 06/19/03 02:11 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

ACTULLY i at first left mines on all the time because i didnt understand humidity and all about it i thought it needed to be on all the time and i got heavy built up on the tops of the cakes and shit and never got pins directly on top but the sides of the cake had big fruits if u seen mycofiles av hes holding shrooms about 8 big ones. on the first flush i would get a few ones a bit smaller but they were 4 grams dry and a bunch of pins everywhere. it seems if u rip a cake apart to 2 half it gaves dubble the fruits or just crumble and not case works great to. but the ones that i fucked off were cased and got cob web mold from the hay lol o damn i wanted to cry when that happened.

Offlinekukusz

Re: ShroomGods humidifier tek [Re: MAGICSNOOP]
    #1643440 - 06/19/03 02:47 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

cool thanks - sorry about the dead casing - my friend had to throw a cake away (his first contam) today and he was very sad...

--------------------

Offlinelysergic
Mycophile!
    #1645467 - 06/19/03 06:14 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

kukusz - So you are using perlite and the humidifier? what humidity is the chamber kept at? I think I'd run the humidifer 24/7, if it provides constant air exchange. If perlite and humidifer were used, I could see how it would be too moist in there for casings, but I've (only) used casings and I've kept humidity over 90% and never had any problems.  What is the purpose for the holes in the top of the terrarium ?I was told I could use this tek with a terrarium that was totally sealed and it would keep the air exchanging / circulating around.

I think that the only way I'm really gonna be able to tell how well this works is if I set up the humidifier and let it run in the empty aquarium.  If I can't keep the humidity to where I want it (too low) I'lld add soaking perlite in the bottom of the aquarium.

I really am thankful fo all of your input :wink:

--------------------
PsiloKitten said:

Offlinelysergic
Mycophile!
    #1645468 - 06/19/03 06:14 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

kukusz - So you are using perlite and the humidifier? what humidity is the chamber kept at? I think I'd run the humidifer 24/7, if it provides constant air exchange. If perlite and humidifer were used, I could see how it would be too moist in there for casings, but I've (only) used casings and I've kept humidity over 90% and never had any problems.  What is the purpose for the holes in the top of the terrarium ?I was told I could use this tek with a terrarium that was totally sealed and it would keep the air exchanging / circulating around.

I think that the only way I'm really gonna be able to tell how well this works is if I set up the humidifier and let it run in the empty aquarium.  If I can't keep the humidity to where I want it (too low) I'lld add soaking perlite in the bottom of the aquarium.

I really am thankful fo all of your input :wink:

--------------------
PsiloKitten said:

Offlinekukusz

#1645491 - 06/19/03 06:21 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

my FRIENDS setup uses both perlite and a humidifier - he has found that by adding some water to the perlite, say every three days or so, and running the humidifier 24/7 seems to maintain a very nice, non-condensation causing humidity. The rubbermaid is pretty big 96 quart variety. The "holes" are plexiglass windows he cut into the top.

I agree with your last statement, that the best way to tell is to just do a test before putting any cakes in there. My friend had to play around a lot to come up with this final design, in the end it is dependent on where you live, what kind of humidifier you have, how you modify it, how big your terrarium is, and on pure chance.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Perlite, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation