Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
San Pedro Cactus Question
    #7570484 -

I just got a shipment from (Edited) of the San Pedro Oddball Cacti pack and I got 4 cuttings in good condition in various sizes but I am new to cactus growing I planted 2 of the 1 foot cuttings, (1 bare root and 1 regular cutting) in cactus mix from the hardware store under my HPS setup along with my Pot plants in the garage.

My question is one of the 6 inch cuttings looks funny. It has a weird yellow thing at the top or bottom I'm not sure which, but if someone could let me know what it is I'd appreciate it. Cause If I plant it i'd like to know which way to put it. I'm pretty sure it's not a weird root cause the rooted cutting looked nothing like it. I realize this will seem like a really stupid question for all you cactus growers but how can you learn without asking questions.

Also How can you be sure what side is up and which is down.I read on a web sight that the spikes should be facing downward but on the cutting in question that would mean the weird flower like thing would have to be planted underground with the cutting end upward.

(Edited) was great thoe they shipped really quickly and everything was in good condition. I got some Persian White Opium seeds also but since I'm on 140MG of Methadone I'd need a whole lotta opium to feel anything. and I got San Pedro Seeds and Peruvian Torch seeds. I wonder if there is much difference in the experience between Peruvian Torch and san Pedro. I would appreciate any input. sorry for so many questions.

P.S I'm not sure how to post pics i'll give it a try some more or I'll put it in a zip file

Edited by sturmer88 (10/28/07 07:28 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: San Pedro Cactus Question [Re: sturmer88]
    #7570500 -

[image]http://www.shroomery.org/forums/files/07-43/361572192-IMG_0177.jpg][/image]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: San Pedro Cactus Question [Re: sturmer88]
    #7570569 -

Heres another one. [image]http://www.shroomery.org/forums/files/07-43/361572244-IMG_0178.jpg][/image]

When places like this cut end down the spines point upward. This is the direction the web sight at Sacred cactus claims is the wrong way when planting. but I don't see how you could plant it the other way without cutting off the weird flower looking tip. If I can't figure it out I was just gonna eat the 2 cacti in the pics. the other one is a 1 foot skinnier cutting. I'm looking for a heavy trip. I've tried Mushrooms and acid many times, to many times to count but this is my first try with San Pedro. Is this to much or should I try and eat the fat 6 incher and cut the skinny foot long cutting in half. I just don't wasn't to end up like many first time users and eat to little and feel barely anything.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: San Pedro Cactus Question [Re: sturmer88]
    #7570579 -

firstly: no vendor discussion in this forum so edit out the vendor name...

to answer your question: the aeroles on trichocereus always point more up than down, so it should be easy enough to figure out which is top and bottom of the centre cutting...

its obvious which is the top of the tip cutting in the photo, its etiolated (google etiolation if u dont know wot that means) and white at the tip due to lack of light, u would probably be best to just cut it off and let it pup as that thin part will be very unstable when it grows thicker above...


--------------------
View My Gallery

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: San Pedro Cactus Question [Re: Dr. uarewotueat]
    #7570586 -

the way u have it in the second pic is correct.

also for experience information go to the psychedelic experience forum... the garden is for discussion of growing plants, not eating them...


--------------------
View My Gallery

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: San Pedro Cactus Question [Re: Dr. uarewotueat]
    #7570688 -

I edited out the vendor name sorry. thanks for the info.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* ID: San Pedro? daba 2,548 11 06/18/03 10:23 AM
by Rastafari
* I have San Pedro seeds T0aD 2,677 13 09/01/02 06:50 AM
by T0aD
* Another Pedro Cutting question rommstein2001 1,367 6 04/04/02 08:02 PM
by jonnyshaggs420
* San Pedro or Peyote growing wild on the Canary Islands. CoolTJ 5,080 3 07/30/03 08:43 PM
by GernBlanston
* San Pedro ID? Funguy 781 1 07/02/03 05:53 PM
by PriitK
* San Pedro question silversoul7 749 7 11/24/03 07:06 PM
by medicinebag
* San Pedro health (pics) Gumby 3,679 13 09/02/01 11:03 PM
by Gumby
* preparation of san pedro A0999 1,251 13 12/19/02 03:23 AM
by comario2

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: karode13, Mostly_Harmless, A.k.a
1,514 topic views. 0 members, 9 guests and 32 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.021 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 14 queries.