Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

PhytoExtractum Shop: Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: Uncertainty [Re: MushmanTheManic]
    #7554842 - 10/24/07 12:46 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

MushmanTheManic said:
Quote:

Icelander said:
You must be careful here. I was very sweet and accepting before I came here. But then I saw what the enlightened psychedelic users were saying about the drivel they call cosmic truth and enlightenment. I became depressed and then angry. I gave up any hope for humanity. Now I am just like Swami. A bitter old man. The only difference is I have a young girlfriend and he lives alone with his goldfish.

As a legal counsel for the Shroomery, I would like to inform you that this forum is for entertainment purposes only. You obviously have not been using it correctly. Therefore, any litigation directed our way will quickly be shot down by a judge and our staff will arrive at your residence and smother you to death with patchouli.

Sorry:(

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinegmuralid
Holy Cow
Male User Gallery

Loc: India
Re: Uncertainty [Re: Icelander]
    #7556381 - 10/24/07 06:32 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Icelander said:Just because one is uncertain that does not mean one is undecided. I have many beliefs that I act on that I am ultimately uncertain of. I always go with what I honestly know is a best guess.

Let me refresh your memory so you understand what I said

Quote:

gmuralid said:

...Because even if one accepts the beauty, tranquility and possibilities of such an approach and doesnt have the anxiety you speak of (or HAS as you say the courage), then there is still THE REST OF THE HUMAN RACE to deal with.

I speak from experience, and I can quite quite confidently say that the anxiety caused it less for the person embracing the approach and more for the people who love and care for them and also the others they meet in their life.

I think they can be misconstrued as a "confused" individual who doesnt know what they want and doesnt know what they believe.

At some point everyone will leave them and just say fuckit this guy has no clue what he is doing coz he so uncertain all the time. I just lost my girlfriend of ten years due to this approach and love of exploration and learning. And who knows how many other people I truly care about and who care for me I will lose ...blah blah

I think if you had read the post carefully you would see that what Im saying is, it is still easily misunderstood (BY OTHER PEOPLE) when one is uncertain knowingly, and the sheep often see it as being "undecided" about things.

I am very much consciously uncertain about many many things in my life, and find it is the best form of strategy in terms of living a full life, yet a translation is not available to explain the benefits of this approach to those who have no knowledge or practice in it (or have not done some psychedelics) , or who simply prefer to be sheep.

:smile:

--------------------
Wilderness. It defines me.

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: Uncertainty [Re: gmuralid]
    #7558620 - 10/25/07 10:24 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

I guess I would have to say. Who cares what other people think? Unless they want to bother you physically leave them to their beliefs.

I have never met anyone who believes I don't know what I want or what I believe. Although most of them believe me to be confused. But that's just because I make them nervous with my beliefs.

It's not that I didn't understand that part of your post. I just didn't consider it important.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

PhytoExtractum Shop: Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder