Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineThe Mule
Loc: Connecticut
Re: Weird Baeos Are really CYANS?!?!?
    #74903 - 04/08/00 02:41 PM (24 years, 13 days ago)

Well, they don't look like typical cyans at all, but they look even less like baeos-
I have never found baeos with such straight stems.

The membranous, cortanarias-like veil would have also been an indicator, present in cyans, absent in baeos-

Just my opinion-

------------------
All mushrooms are edible at least once.

--------------------
------------------------------------
Berkshire Mycological Society

[url=http://www.breitenbush.freeservers.com]
Breitenbush 2001 Mushroom Conference
October 18-2[/url]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePsylosymon
Carpal Tunnel

Re: Weird Baeos Are really CYANS?!?!? [Re: The Mule]
    #74905 - 04/08/00 06:08 PM (24 years, 13 days ago)

theyre cyans???those are pretty wierd lookin.i am glad you got them identified mattso!! :biggrin:

------------------
Father Psylosymon:PRAISE OOLAR!!!!!!!!!!!
Listen to brother oDin,show us your tits!

"you worked at a sperm bank and got fired drinkin on the job"
Dilated Peoples

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #74906 - 04/09/00 12:50 PM (24 years, 12 days ago)

Hi Mattso,

I just wanted to add that the coloration of the bow-tie's as my friend Rich refers to them as is from the light frost cold weather condition from an over night weather change.

First I would like to post the actual clump of these mushrooms which Mattso was so kind to bring to me and leave them in a brown paper bag on my front porch. hehehehe.

Now here is a phto of some I found in the wild of the city only they are singular in their statue. However you can looked at the bows in the caps on the right of my picture and compare the shape to Mattso's image of the cluster. I photgraphed the cluster before I sent the specimens to Mexico for botanical determination.

. I also collected a good qantity of P. cyanescens with deep sea green in the caps, from the yellow color in drying and the blue of oxidation which caused the caps to stain a green color rather than blue. I have found this color change in both P. stuntzii and in P. fimetaria.

Here is a group of the green capped shrooms before the green sets in and the rest were but a few inches or two away from the others.

Mj

As Guzman suggested it is a habitat condition. And Mattso, he did put the spores under the microscope. If you had that done at the University it would have cost you $175.00 for their botanical determination.

John

[This message has been edited by mjshroomer (edited April 09, 2000).]

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #74907 - 04/09/00 12:57 PM (24 years, 12 days ago)

Hi Mattso, here are some baeocystis for you.

Some large and small baeos

And Finally some real big blue fuckers

Mj

OfflinePsychonaut
seeker

Loc: Vancouver Island, Canada
    #74908 - 04/09/00 01:51 PM (24 years, 12 days ago)

Well, they look more like Ps. cyan to me then any thing else. Also - MJ is right, frost and cold weather will do strange things to a mushroom.

------------------
"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." J.M.

Northern Touch Spores

--------------------
FungusFun.com

Offlinemattso
Malcontent
 User Gallery

Loc: Western WA
    #74909 - 04/10/00 02:25 PM (24 years, 11 days ago)

Bowties! that's the nickname I was trying to remember.

Well, Who the hell am I to argue with Guzmann.
Still, I must say the mushrooms didn't look anything like cyans ( and you all know I know what cyans look like ) when I found them, nor did they dry like them... the stems were wide and very hollow, and brownish grey in color, and tall... and the caps were never bigger than a quarter, and the margins folded down and undulated only a little but.
- though that picture you took casts a revealing light on them, John.
You gave me the Baeo Identification initially, darnit... they even had YOU fooled. (so I'm not a total idiot, I guess)
I'm going to take you to them this year... to show you their habitat... boggling..

-You learn something new everyday.

You know what I like best about the weather warming up around here...? It means we're that much closer to musrhoom season...

--------------------
"Humanity is entering into a time of consequences" ---
- Winston Churchill

Offlineazurescen
meanderinemushie muncher
Loc: bellingham wa
    #74910 - 04/10/00 07:30 PM (24 years, 11 days ago)

i have seen all those different color and shape morphs of ps cyans before, even variation in the same park, wink wink mattso
anyway, I have yet to find a reliable baeo spot, but have many favs for cyans stuntziis libs azures, pelliculosas and cyanofibrolosas, and the occasional firmetaria and subfirmetaria
the straight stems do kind of rule out those shrooms as baeos

--------------------
if the sign says dont pick the mushrooms, you should probably pick them

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom