Home | Community | Message Board

Myco Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleLinkA
Intrinsically No Good

Loc: Lost Woods, Hyrule
Re: Potency of mature shrooms
    #74082 - 02/11/00 01:45 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

it's not that they're less potent. It's just that shrooms stop/slow down their psylocybin production after the veil breaks. so, the shroom is just as potent fully mature as it would be if picked as the veil broke, but it'll weigh more, decreasing the potency/weight ratio.

Link

------------------
In the beginning the Universe was created...
This made a lot of people angry and was widely regarded as a bad move.
-- Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

--------------------
Wonder had gone away, and he had forgotten that all life is only a set of pictures in the brain, among which there is no difference betwixt those born of real things and those born of inward dreamings, and no cause to value the one above the other.  -- H.P. Lovecraft "The Silver Key"

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Anonymous

#74084 - 02/11/00 03:47 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

particles,
Link hit it right on the head. He's right, after the veil breaks the mushroom slows or completely stops producing psilocybin. Now this can be good or bad. If your harvesting for spores then obviously you have to alow the veil to break. If your harvesting for potency I would suggest not even letting the viel break. This is why.
Your mycelium cakes can only produce so many shrooms and after the veil breaks your using mycelium to grow that mushroom yet the psilocybin production has ceased. Thus your using mycilium which could be used to grow another mushroom that WOULD contain psilocybin. Just as Link said, "it'll weigh more, decreasing the potency/weight ratio."

TryptoFarmer

InvisibleLinkA
Intrinsically No Good

Loc: Lost Woods, Hyrule
    #74085 - 02/11/00 04:06 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

hey TriptoFarmer, first off, awsome name. I like that :smile:

also, i like the point you made about using up valuable mycelium recources. i never really think about that, i just worry about it decreasing the potency ratio. i figured if you didn't mind eating more shrooms it didn't matter, but i'm glad you said that, i forgot about that detail.

Link

------------------
In the beginning the Universe was created...
This made a lot of people angry and was widely regarded as a bad move.
-- Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

--------------------
Wonder had gone away, and he had forgotten that all life is only a set of pictures in the brain, among which there is no difference betwixt those born of real things and those born of inward dreamings, and no cause to value the one above the other.  -- H.P. Lovecraft "The Silver Key"

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation