Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Re: Growing w/ Parents
    #73739 - 02/07/00 11:35 PM (24 years, 1 month ago)

just get a big bin, throw everything in it, put a padlock on it , throw it in your closet, say its a science project. :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

#73740 - 02/08/00 10:35 AM (24 years, 1 month ago)

Why in the hell do you wanna grow shit in your parent's house?!?!?!?!??!
Don't get them involved in shroom growing!!!
It's their house, if they don't want you to grow shrooms, then don't. Wait until you move out, thats what I'm doin...

Anonymous

#73742 - 02/08/00 06:17 AM (24 years, 1 month ago)

Don't grow in your parents house... simple solution to a simple problem. I don't mean to sound like a big phat dork, but lets face it, you grow in your parents house, and who do you think goes up the river if you get busted? Grow up, move out, grow shrooms, do shrooms. In that order.

I know you'll all think ootw's just a middle aged freak head, but we all know what psychadelics do to your mind... it's, uh, outofthisworld. It's probable that this is not good to do while your mind is developing, and could explain *to me* why my friends who did 100+ hits of acid in high school are whacked, but the ones that did 100+ hits of acid after 18 are pretty okay.

(BTW: I'm far from middle aged, lower 20s, ask Ythan if you don't believe me :smile: )

Offlinekbone
enthusiast
    #73743 - 02/08/00 04:57 PM (24 years, 1 month ago)

im not sure what your talking about ootw, i still live at home and have had success without them knowing, icecream buckets and small terranuims are the key. and about that acid, im a senior and have done 100+ and am on the top honor roll so its relative :smile: :smile:

'my nigga Bone held the chrome till i came home'

Anonymous

#73744 - 02/09/00 01:12 AM (24 years, 1 month ago)

Could have been the speed too... :smile:

OfflineAjent Orange
addict
    #73745 - 02/09/00 01:29 AM (24 years, 1 month ago)

I'm thinking about cultivation, and i still live w/parents. Odds are if anybody finds it, it'll be my parents. Anyways i have this wooden box, and i lined it with plastic. I put two small incandescent(sp) lights in it. I have a shoe box beside it with the airpump in a filter box. The tubing from airpump runs into the back of the box where it goes into perlite. I'm using rippers perlite tek for humidity. It's pretty much auomated. From the outside it just looks like the same old box i keep electrical stuff in. Oh yeah, it also has a lock on it :smile:

Anonymous

#73746 - 02/09/00 07:14 AM (24 years, 1 month ago)

kkbone,

The problems will show up later....
Not meaning flame by this.
Trust me.
ootw, is right, perhaps he doesn't know yet.

My two cents from my own personal experience.
Oh I'm low in my 30s and pretty fucked from early abuse.

Burp

OfflineLillSkit
old hand
    #73747 - 02/09/00 08:59 AM (24 years, 1 month ago)

kbone..
I acctually think ootw is right..
Not just because of you parents getting busted...
But maybe because you should respect your parents and the rules they make in their house.
Just grow up and buy your own place and make up your own rules in your household.

Offline*kino*
    #73748 - 02/09/00 11:17 AM (24 years, 1 month ago)

i'm growing in my parent's house but they agree... if they don't, i wouldn't be growing cause like everyone say, wait until you get your own place to make the rules...

Anonymous

#73749 - 02/12/00 05:35 PM (24 years, 1 month ago)

Im growing in my parents house and my mom can't wait until the shrooms grow so we can trip together.

OfflineFreak
addict
    #73750 - 02/12/00 11:49 PM (24 years, 1 month ago)

just grow em in the closet dammit

------------------
the aliens are fucking with our brains

Offlinen8
    #73751 - 02/13/00 03:19 AM (24 years, 1 month ago)

maybe you can grow some shiitakes as well and sell them, and your parents will be proud of your ingenuity and not even notice that some of the mushrooms look different.

there is some truth to what ootw is saying. i'm 17 and more or less a light user, i feel inclined to trip maybe once a month or so. mushrooms are all i do. i know that even this level of use is cutting it pretty close to dangerous, but i haven't noticed any adverse effects and i'm about as mature as i'm going to get mentally. if i was just a year younger shrooms would probably not be a good idea, and if i was a year older i wouldn't have anything to worry about. just be careful.

as for growing them in your parents house... it really depends on the kind of relationship you have with them, what kind of people they are, what kind of scale you plan to do it on, etc. if they're conservative and the kind who would search your room and turn you in to the cops, this is obviously a bad idea. if they're hippies, well there ya go. if you're going to have a hard time NEVER TELLING A FUCKING SOUL ABOUT YOUR LITTLE AGRICULTURAL PROJECT, then i would advise against it because you're putting your parents at slight risk, maybe even moreso then yourself. this is really a judgement call.

in fact, all these issues are fucking judgement calls.

Anonymous

#73752 - 02/12/00 10:05 PM (24 years, 1 month ago)

As far as this topic goes, I more or less agree with the guys here, accept for the scare tactics, easy guys. True enough, if your parents are dead against it, they'll be pissed if they find out. I grew in my closet, and after a fair bit of time my parents found it. They were a mix of pissed off and impressed. I think the fact that I did all the research and got everything together impressed them, the drug side if it and their old ways of thinking pissed them off. Bottom line, they told me to get rid of it all, and that was that. So I ended up giving my supplies and half way colonized jars to a friend. Now I have moved out and am starting up again.

If you don't get caught you are really lucky or your parents aren't suspicious. However, best idea is to move out and do it elsewhere.

Anonymous

#73753 - 02/12/00 10:27 PM (24 years, 1 month ago)

I'm growing in my parents house... they are *very* conservative but they dont' snop in my stuff. I'm growing in a rigged hamster cage (it's like an aquarium, and it works great, my dad even helped me make it air tight, tho he didn't know what for) being careful is the key. I only have 3 cakes at a time... I've stagered everything... I also have my own kitched upstairs, so I can work with out intruptions.

I believe this is the ideal age for me to do this (I'm 18) I still can decide how much of my life I want this to be, and I can expirment with my own limits (I've only tripped twice) My parents think I'm a really great kid, so that helps. Also I'm growing an herb garden with my mom's help, (Thyme, forget me nots, chives, cress, parsely, and some other stuff) so I don't think they would notice a few more things growing... they're just like that. Be careful and live life the way you want, always.

Anonymous

#73754 - 02/12/00 10:28 PM (24 years, 1 month ago)

I also have a friend who's growing weed in his parents house, he has several other 'good plants' and he just happends to have some weed in there too, he hasn't had any trouble yet, cept that he thinks his weed might grow a lot taller then the other plants!

Offlinetoad
journeyman
    #73755 - 02/13/00 11:34 PM (24 years, 1 month ago)

I have a deadbolt on my closet, my mom knows better than fuck with my shit. But if shes nice... I may give her some

Anonymous

#73756 - 02/14/00 06:46 PM (24 years, 1 month ago)

I plan on growing in my 'rents house. I'm 17, and I can hide it fairly easily. Overall, I'm a really good kid... I just want to expiriment a little. Grow maybe a batch, eat 'em, expiriment adequately, and then be done w/ it. I've done TONS of studying on this and I think I'm ready. Nobody dares to even search my closet, so I'm pretty safe. Or my dresser drawers. It's not like I have any other drugs or anything. I'm an A student, and if I do anything drugwise, I'm REALLY careful. So I'm not too worried about getting busted. My first trip is gonna be alone, but I'll be EXTREMELY careful... Like maybe barely hit a Level 1 and ease myself into it. Anyways. That's my $.02.

~NS9

OfflineoOjonahOo
addict
    #73757 - 02/15/00 09:22 AM (24 years, 1 month ago)

I live with my parents and grow shrooms, weed and salvia divinorum. I did a hydroponic science fair project and then used all the supplies to set up a nice scrog garden in my garage closet, which is separated from my house. I grow the shrooms in a closed terrarium in some cabinets in my basement and I grow the salvia as a houseplant right in my window. My parents suspect that i do all this, but they aren't sure and are alright with it anyway. My dad used to grow himself.(hehe)

--------------------
Ultimate Mycodirectory v4.0

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds