Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Agar, Dehydrator, Dessicant, Perlite, Rye Grain, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineloathe
enthusiast
Re: First time growing experience!
    #73370 - 01/31/00 04:49 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

[bump]
come on.... (c:

------------------
"Woe to you my Princess, when I come, I will kiss you quite red and feed you till you are plump. See who is the stronger, a gentle little girl who doesn't eat enough or a big wild man who has cocaine in his body."
-- Sigmund Freud, On Coca

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflinePanTrop
enthusiast
Loc: Washington
    #73372 - 01/31/00 06:52 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

First, let me say congrats! Its a hell of a day when you see your little friends start to pop up!

Q)1. What's the best way to cycle again? Meaning, should I attempt a spore print for a syringe, or a mycelium syringe? Which is the easiest as far as contamination? Also, with the mycelium syringe tek, what's the best mycelium to use? I mean, should I cut a chunk off of a fruiting cake, or wait until the cake is about spent?

A) well, the best way all depends on how much effort you want to put into it. For me the fastest turnaround is either Rye, or Agar. since I know you dont want to wait to long to get another crop going and since you mentioned the use of a Mycelium syringe you could use agar.You may even be able to use a honey tek, but i dont know a lot about this method. Since you are a new grower I strongly suggest you just use birdseed and verm as your substrate and use a spore syringe. You will have fruits faster and save yourself some headache. Liquid mycelium is alot faster but not alot easier. Read up on the Liquid Mycelium Teks in the grow find section, you see why I suggested trying birdseed and verm with a spore syringe as aposed to a mycelium syringe.

Q) 2. What casing method does everyone recommend? It seems perlite is the most popular...

A) I would go with either a 50/50, 50/50+, or straight verm.

Q)3. I've read it, but as I said, doing is better than reading, so I'll ask advice: How should I perserve the harvested mushies w/o drying? Paper bag in the fridge? How long will they last that way?

A) yes, put them in a bag they should last 4 days or more....Im not exactly sure as to how long they will really keep not dryed in a fridge...they never stay around long enough to find out!

Q) 4. If I was to dry them, should I just use dessicant, or moving air, or both?

A) this is a question of what works best for you. if you want you shrooms dry as fast as possible use a food dehydrator. there wont be enough loss in Psylocybin or Psylocin to notice a real difference (some swear they can) Dessicant is probably the best way to dry your shooms with minimal loss of the good stuff....only draw back it could take days for the drying process to complete and in some cases rot may set in before there fully dry.

hope I helped :smile:

------------------
"To all the weed I've smoked......yo this blunts for you"

"To all the people I've offended.....Yea, FUCK YOU TOO!
~Quote from Eminem~

~PanTrop~

--------------------
" My mind dont work if my spine dont jerk!"

Offlineloathe
enthusiast
    #73373 - 01/31/00 06:56 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Pan, I guess this is thank you again .. you're very helpful. (c:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Agar, Dehydrator, Dessicant, Perlite, Rye Grain, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation