Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineprophesee
Stranger
Growing in the south, easy style :)
    #3194176 - 09/29/04 03:01 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Hey I have a quick question that I hope noone berates me about...anyways, i live in the deep down south easth and was wondering if I could simply get some nutrient enriched manure for growing plants and such and simply cover it in spores from a syringe and then just water it and leave it all in the sun would the shrooms grow, and if they would how fast would they grow. It would be B+ strain and it is always sunny and hot down here, but the air is humid alot. Thanks for the help all~ J

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleLifenergy
Yo Mama

Re: Growing in the south, easy style :) [Re: prophesee]
    #3194191 - 09/29/04 03:04 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I don't have any outside growing experience, but I think the best bet would be to spawn the manure with a colonized cake or other colonized substrate, and not just a syringe. I could be wrong. Someone with outdoors experience can give a better answer maybe.

--------------------
Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see.

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
Re: Growing in the south, easy style :) [Re: Lifenergy]
    #3194205 - 09/29/04 03:07 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Lifenergy said:
I don't have any outside growing experience, but I think the best bet would be to spawn the manure with a colonized cake or other colonized substrate, and not just a syringe. I could be wrong. Someone with outdoors experience can give a better answer maybe.

You are correct. Spawning manure outdoors works great, but just adding spores will most likely result in failure. Check out Moe's outdoor tek.

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

Offlineprophesee
Stranger
Re: Growing in the south, easy style :) [Re: Lifenergy]
    #3194207 - 09/29/04 03:07 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks, and yes people with outdoor knowledge please help, cause im in a place that has amazing growing seasons for crops, so why should I profit.... :smile: ~

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
    #3194235 - 09/29/04 03:11 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I live in Georgia and I have to say that it has great potential for outdoor grows. Moe also lives in this area. His tek is great for outdoor grows.

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

Offlineprophesee
Stranger
    #3194243 - 09/29/04 03:13 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks [Email]z@z.com....that[/Email] was much help, and I apologize to all the vets for not seeing that in my earlier attempts....cool cool...so now I need to make some substrate. Can I do that with prints....im sorry im an idiot.. :smile: ..... and could I apply the Moe's tek toa large patch....say I wanted to make like a good bit, cause I have about 1000 acres of land....

OfflineZeroArmy27
I didn't go to work for a month.
 Arcade Champion: Asteroids 2000

Loc: Middle of nowhere
    #3194290 - 09/29/04 03:24 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

sure you can, but you'll need more spawn if you want to see fruits before the really cold snap we're in for. i followed moe's tek to a small extent and have small mushies growing in my back yard right now.. they're about a 1/2 inch tall right now. i water them very lightly (nozzle on my water hose gives me a great mist) when the top substrate has been dry for a day or so.

you may run into insect problems like i have. slugs and snails are bastards and enjoy nothing more than digging down a bit to munch on mycelium. i had a large problem with pill bugs attacking the patch as well... but nothing a little cantaloupe can't fix.

i have a question now though, will this patch survive the winter? i've been thinking it may get too cold and kill it off... would it survive if we got snow or a hard frost? it's only about a foot deep...

--------------------
"a monkey would fuck you up if you tried to put it in a autoclave" - Psychoslut

"it's not like the admins and mods are a tight-knit group of hippies that spend their life together in a log cabin tie-dying shirts and stringing beads inbetween bonghits." - Wiccan_Seeker

Offlineganeshaa
journeyman
Male User Gallery

Loc: Further East
Re: Growing in the south, easy style :) [Re: ZeroArmy27]
    #3194523 - 09/29/04 05:41 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

im in calcutta and the weather condition here are as follows :

High 91?
Low 77?
Humidity: 59% 
Dewpoint: 75?
Barometer: 29.71 in inches

is this good for an outdoor patch ?

thanx :thumbup:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation