Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
I bought a mandolin today.
    #7319196 -

and it kicks ass...

Just thought i'd share.. :sun:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I bought a mandolin today. [Re: Phishe]
    #7319245 -

awesome!
what kind is it?

i love the mandolin
i don't have one yet
but i have a banjo!
and since my birthday last Saturday, a fiddle!!

i'm a huge sucker for bluegrass in general

Railroad Earth?
Yonder Mountain String Band?
The Gourds?
Scruggs?
yes, please
:grin:


--------------------

“You've got as many lives as you like, and more, even ones you don't want.” - George Harrison

Edited by dirtworshipper (08/21/07 07:54 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I bought a mandolin today. [Re: Phishe]
    #7319248 -

I got a friend that plays a mean Death Metal Mandolin.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I bought a mandolin today. [Re: Phishe]
    #7319251 -

Awsome! Bluegrass FTW. I cant play shit, but I love listening.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I bought a mandolin today. [Re: Phishe]
    #7319270 -

Very cool, I love David Dawg Grisman on the mandolin.


--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I bought a mandolin today. [Re: CaptainH13]
    #7319274 -

CaptainH13 said:
I got a friend that plays a mean Death Metal Mandolin.



I would like to hear that  :headbanger:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I bought a mandolin today. [Re: Ripple]
    #7319314 -

Ripple said:
Very cool, I love David Dawg Grisman on the mandolin.



:yesnod:

have you heard the stuff he did with Jerry Garcia?
fucking greaaat


--------------------

“You've got as many lives as you like, and more, even ones you don't want.” - George Harrison

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I bought a mandolin today. [Re: dirtworshipper]
    #7319341 -

dirtworshipper said:
Ripple said:
Very cool, I love David Dawg Grisman on the mandolin.



:yesnod:

have you heard the stuff he did with Jerry Garcia?
fucking greaaat



shady grove is an out of this world album.

but that's beside the point, congrats on getting the mandolin, just make sure you stick to it. alot of instruments that are kind of out of the norm are hard to get started on, so it's mostly up to you to keep it going.

me and my friend both got a mandolin and a banjo, but we both dropped it after some time, we stopped really getting anywhere with it.

i hope you learn alot and play beautiful music for everyone! :cheers:


--------------------
soft silly music is meaningful, magical :heartpump:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I bought a mandolin today. [Re: razmablues]
    #7319426 -

mandolins are kick ass i play my friends all the time they are really easy to get started on too. i can dig some jazz mandolin project, yonder, and old and in the way!:jamming:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I bought a mandolin today. [Re: Phish_Dude]
    #7319510 -

Phish_Dude said:
mandolins are kick ass i play my friends all the time they are really easy to get started on too. i can dig some jazz mandolin project, yonder, and old and in the way!:jamming:



fuck yes! jazz mandolin project blew my mind the first time i heard it. insaneee!

leftover salmon?
rollin' in the hay?
larry keel?
:grin:

oh, and definitely stick with it.
check out this amazing site too
lots of video lessons on all types of instruments
Music Moose


--------------------

“You've got as many lives as you like, and more, even ones you don't want.” - George Harrison

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I bought a mandolin today. [Re: DieCommie]
    #7319528 -

DieCommie said:
Awsome! Bluegrass FTW. I cant play shit, but I love listening.



and dancing my ass off when the time is appropriate


--------------------
channel your inner Larry David

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I bought a mandolin today. [Re: dirtworshipper]
    #7319664 -

It's an alvarez...

I bought it out of the blue. A friend of mine was going to get one so i was like what the hell i'll probably just waste the money on something useless if I don't buy one..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I bought a mandolin today. [Re: Phishe]
    #7319718 -

What did you get? I got a Mid Missouri

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I bought a mandolin today. [Re: razmablues]
    #7319832 -

razmablues said:
dirtworshipper said:
Ripple said:
Very cool, I love David Dawg Grisman on the mandolin.



:yesnod:

have you heard the stuff he did with Jerry Garcia?
fucking greaaat



shady grove is an out of this world album.

but that's beside the point, congrats on getting the mandolin, just make sure you stick to it. alot of instruments that are kind of out of the norm are hard to get started on, so it's mostly up to you to keep it going.

me and my friend both got a mandolin and a banjo, but we both dropped it after some time, we stopped really getting anywhere with it.

i hope you learn alot and play beautiful music for everyone! :cheers:



So is old and in the way!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I bought a mandolin today. [Re: Corporal Kielbasa]
    #7319871 -

What do you mean? The brand I said was Alvarez

I just learned how to play that new McCartney tune Dance Tonight :grin:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I bought a mandolin today. [Re: Phishe]
    #7319951 -

nice man.
definitely check out Music Moose dot org
i learned a lot there on banjo, harmonica, and now fiddle (although the fiddle lessons aren't as good as other instruments)

congrats on learning the McCartney tune as well.
i haven't heard any of his other new stuff...
kinda scared to..


--------------------

“You've got as many lives as you like, and more, even ones you don't want.” - George Harrison

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I bought a mandolin today. [Re: Phishe]
    #7319978 -

Phishe said:
It's an alvarez...

I bought it out of the blue. A friend of mine was going to get one so i was like what the hell i'll probably just waste the money on something useless if I don't buy one..



Hope you enjoy it, they're so much fun to play. I have a rogue myself that i got for pretty cheap, but a few weeks ago the saddle broke and i haven't gotten it fixed yet.


--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

i really am glad you came back to us instead of taking the other path. *hug*

-A_S (RIP your final words to me will never be forgotten)



Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Jerry Garcia and David Grisman. The_Red_Crayon 2,495 17 11/14/04 05:54 PM
by Kremlin
* David Grisman Mandolin Tabs Hooty 13,575 11 05/18/04 09:31 PM
by Hooty
* garcia and grisman
( 1 2 all )
KingOftheThing 2,928 23 10/24/05 03:28 PM
by pantsboy
* David Grisman Quintet Madtowntripper 923 9 11/03/06 02:02 PM
by headieherbs
* the Jazz Mandolin Project Dark_Star 2,646 18 02/05/07 07:27 PM
by Dark_Star
* Great Garcia & Grisman Set Kremlin 743 3 09/12/04 07:02 AM
by kindkesey
* Garcia & Grisman - Not Only For Kids Vulture 1,117 14 02/17/05 10:21 PM
by Vulture
* enjoy some jerry and grisman HELLA_TIGHT 443 8 09/05/08 11:41 PM
by C20H25N3O

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,805 topic views. 3 members, 45 guests and 67 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.031 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 14 queries.