Home | Community | Message Board

MycologyNow.com Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
David Grisman Quintet
    #6230442 - 10/31/06 12:34 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Anyone seen them live?

A friend who cant go just gave me tickets the the 11/4 show here in Milwaukee. I usually dont go see Dead Spin-Off bands, but this should be interesting. Very small venue at a small college here...

I'll definately take pictures and report back...

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
InvisibleCorporal Kielbasa

Re: David Grisman Quintet [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #6230459 - 10/31/06 12:38 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Dead spin off! I should bitch slap you for that!

Grisman is as big of a man as Jerry. They were good friends and grew together musicaly! He isn't a spin off! The song Grateful Dawg was writting by the two of them.

Its all good. The tickets go for 50 bucks. Enjoy.

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

Re: David Grisman Quintet [Re: Corporal Kielbasa]
    #6230508 - 10/31/06 12:49 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Whoah! I didnt mean spin-off in like...a DSO way.

I know who David Grisman is, you maroon.

I just havent seen Phils band, or The Rythym Devils, or anything like that...

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Offlinenotapillow
I want to be a fisherman
 User Gallery

Loc: A rare and different tune
    #6230663 - 10/31/06 01:19 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

grisman is the man.
litteraly the most proficient musician i have ever seen. iv seen the quintet like 3 times i think. go you will have fun. but dont expect any dead covers :smirk:

--------------------

InvisibleHaightAshbury
It's a plant

Loc: Red Stick L.a.
Re: David Grisman Quintet [Re: notapillow]
    #6230674 - 10/31/06 01:21 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

David Grisman is one of the most notable mandolin players in bluegrass history. I WOULD NOT HESITATE TO SEE DAVID LIVE!. Since i live in louisiana, i dont get the chance to see such acts as DAWG. Do yourself a favor and go!

Offlinenotapillow
I want to be a fisherman
 User Gallery

Re: David Grisman Quintet [Re: HaightAshbury]
    #6230682 - 10/31/06 01:22 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

the quintet is jazztacular. they are all playing circles around each other and it makes for some reall good dancing music

--------------------

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

#6230700 - 10/31/06 01:26 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Now I'm kind of excited....

--------------------

Offlinenotapillow
I want to be a fisherman
 User Gallery

#6230718 - 10/31/06 01:29 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

u should be :laugh:
he comes around my home town every year and places a show at the jewish community center. he actualy playes outsidde near the play ground. and if you hop the back feace you can lounge around in the oak forest right behind the center and listen to the tunes in the middle of the woods. ah musical memmories :grin:

--------------------

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

#6230762 - 10/31/06 01:38 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

This show is at Alverno College, which is a tiny all-girls Liberal Arts school here...

I've seen shows at the theatre before and its pretty small...I would say 750 people, maybe?

I like intimate venues....

--------------------

Offlineheadieherbs
originalgangster (oflove)
 User Gallery

Loc: around the bend
    #6243865 - 11/03/06 04:02 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

it's Dawg, it's at an all girls school, the tickets were free... why the fuck wouldn't you go?

Grisman is the SHIT dude! Really good jazz music that will get youre feet movin.

Whoever said "DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND GO" knows what's up.. follow that advice... please!

--------------------
please don't take away my highway shoes..

Write In Your Vote.com - US Politics. For the People, by the People.

Everything posted by the user(s) Headieherbs is either an outright lie or a work of complete fiction

Jump to top Pages: 1