Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Methods for inceasing motivation
    #7248632 -

I am going to be starting college soon to begin the long journey to working on my Ph.d, starting from scratch. So It will be a long journey to a BS first.

I will be majouring in biochemistry.

Anyways I was wondering if anyone was aware of any vitamins/amino acids/chemicals that I could use that will increase my motivation

so far I know of DHEA, this has made a noticeable difference in my psyc. Mostly in my drive, its suspected there is low levels of this in kids with Aspergers syndrome (like me) It deffinatly has seemed to help make me more assertive.

I've heard someone mention supplementing with phenylalanine and tryptophan along with 5-HTP has produced an experience more powerful then ecstacy, I doubt this though. But I would like to hear your guys thoughts on it

Amphetamines are out of the question because your motivation will be extremely low (lower than normal) after you quit using them. - anyone who as been addicted to meth will be able to tell you this; or not... But that is why they typically get addicted.


--------------------
"Ten thousand flowers in spring
the moon in autumn,
a cool breeze in summer,
snow in winter.
If your mind isn't clouded by unnecessary things,
this is the best season of your life."
            -wumen

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Methods for inceasing motivation [Re: navyseals101]
    #7248653 -

If you are an easily distracted person that doesn't have much self control when it comes to limiting your intake of drugs I would highly recommend quiting all drugs. Many, many freshman in college fail out because they can't control themselves. Vitamins and minerals aren't going to keep you motivated. If you are looking for more energy so you can CHANNEL it into motivation... start exercising if you aren't already.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Methods for inceasing motivation [Re: navyseals101]
    #7248654 -

Caffeine?


--------------------
R.I.P Rod Beck

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Methods for inceasing motivation [Re: Crab]
    #7248742 -

Crab said:
If you are an easily distracted person that doesn't have much self control when it comes to limiting your intake of drugs I would highly recommend quiting all drugs. Many, many freshman in college fail out because they can't control themselves. Vitamins and minerals aren't going to keep you motivated. If you are looking for more energy so you can CHANNEL it into motivation... start exercising if you aren't already.



i havent encountered a mineral or vitamin that has had a noticeable impact on my mood. but theyre are amino acids that undoubtedly will.

DHEA for example, after taking it for 10 days in a row i started running everyday. It seems my attention span has also increased.

I'm basically seeing if there is anyone out there knowledgeable about this type of thing, I want to have a daily list of substances to take which will increase my performance for long term and short term.

Does caffeine increase concentration or what? I thought Ive read somewhere it increases energy but not concentration, it seems to increase concentration.

Also what are substance that can make you think faster on the whim?

LSD for example makes swim get better at pragmatics, which alot of kids with Aspergers have. After taking it I'll be making hand gestures and actually am able to make jokes

Amps are just short term

what types of substances were the kids taking whenever they did poorley?

How long before college should I quit? Ive heard at least 30 days but THC doesnt effect you for that long, or does it?


--------------------
"Ten thousand flowers in spring
the moon in autumn,
a cool breeze in summer,
snow in winter.
If your mind isn't clouded by unnecessary things,
this is the best season of your life."
            -wumen

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Methods for inceasing motivation [Re: navyseals101]
    #7248829 -

Omega 3 Fish Oil
Ginko Biloba
Ginseng

There is other things but those work the best and are cheap as all get out.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Methods for inceasing motivation [Re: navyseals101]
    #7248830 -

thc quitting, you can be really stupid for a month or so if you have been smoking every day

i did not like the feeling at all, i can understand why stoners are labeled as stupid

it depends.

do yoga.


--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Methods for inceasing motivation [Re: leery11]
    #7249005 -

you want to get high off amino acids? why not just combine tryptophan with tyrosine, man, you'll get some kind of mixed reaction.

anyway I don't recommend that, if you want a harmless mood enhancing amino acid, try fukin pheylalanine, that'll feel like ginseng, but it's good for you. I don't know for fucks sake.

if you're going to get an advanced degree in biochemistry, please look up my post on the natural formation on lsd within a plant, and make it happen. much appreciated(please learn about assisting enzymes)


--------------------
:kingcrankey: I did not say to edit my signature soulidarity! Now forever I will never remember what I said about understanding the secrets of the universe by paying attention to subtleties!

:facepalm: I'm never giving you the password again. Jerk

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Methods for inceasing motivation [Re: imachavel]
    #7249020 -

I'm pretty sure you can succeed in the world even if you do smoke weed every day... my grades in college have been steadily improving over the past year or so and my heavy marijuana smoking has not had any impact that I can detect on my overall performance. If anything, I've found that it's easier to write quality essays when I'm stoned.

Really, I've always been a slacker - when I was in 8th grade I got mostly F's because I was obsessed with video games. Never touched the drugs. Now I smoke weed constantly and I'm starting to get more and more C's and B's in college. Coincidence? Hard to say. I think it's just because I've found my internal motivation and my own reasons for wanting to succeed in school. If your intentions are right, what you really have to work on is your study habits to make sure you don't forget important things, and try not to hang out with friends too much when you should be working (honestly my biggest motivational issue at the moment).


--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.


Edited by Tchan909 (08/01/07 08:06 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Methods for inceasing motivation [Re: navyseals101]
    #7249260 -

Possibly nootropics?


--------------------
"Think for yourself and question authority."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Methods for inceasing motivation [Re: navyseals101]
    #7249376 -

Well, it all comes down to the individual really. It isn't to say that if you smoke MJ at college that you will in fact fail. It just depends on if you can put it down when you have to. (Possibly only doing it on Fridays and Saturdays). My roommate Freshman year actually ended failing out because he went from smoking on the weekends to doing it everyday... and eventually started skipping class (and as far as I know he mostly just smoked weed and drank).

All I'm saying is that if you don't think you can focus when you have to and put the pipe down then it'd be best just to quit.

And about caffeine... somebody told me that it helps improve your memory to an extent (???). Personally, it makes me want to clean things :smile:

Edited by Crab (08/01/07 09:34 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Methods for inceasing motivation [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #7249464 -

Tchan909 said:
I'm pretty sure you can succeed in the world even if you do smoke weed every day... my grades in college have been steadily improving over the past year or so and my heavy marijuana smoking has not had any impact that I can detect on my overall performance. If anything, I've found that it's easier to write quality essays when I'm stoned.

Really, I've always been a slacker - when I was in 8th grade I got mostly F's because I was obsessed with video games. Never touched the drugs. Now I smoke weed constantly and I'm starting to get more and more C's and B's in college. Coincidence? Hard to say. I think it's just because I've found my internal motivation and my own reasons for wanting to succeed in school. If your intentions are right, what you really have to work on is your study habits to make sure you don't forget important things, and try not to hang out with friends too much when you should be working (honestly my biggest motivational issue at the moment).



but if marijuana dulls you out for about a month then my memory would be foggy, and i deffinatly want to remember what I learn, not just do well...

I too have intrinsic motivation. And Extrinsic. I am very motivated


--------------------
"Ten thousand flowers in spring
the moon in autumn,
a cool breeze in summer,
snow in winter.
If your mind isn't clouded by unnecessary things,
this is the best season of your life."
            -wumen

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Methods for inceasing motivation [Re: navyseals101]
    #7249481 -

I remember the things that are important to me, regardless of how stoned I am. The things I forget are mundane details, like where I left the remote or how long since I smoked.


--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Methods for inceasing motivation [Re: navyseals101]
    #7249707 -

man, are you going to be studies the chemistry of enzymes building life.
peace


--------------------
:kingcrankey: I did not say to edit my signature soulidarity! Now forever I will never remember what I said about understanding the secrets of the universe by paying attention to subtleties!

:facepalm: I'm never giving you the password again. Jerk

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Methods for inceasing motivation [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #7249865 -

Tchan909 said:
I remember the things that are important to me, regardless of how stoned I am. The things I forget are mundane details, like where I left the remote or how long since I smoked.



I knew youd get back to me on that, I know i wouldnt forget if my mom died or if i had a serious appointment but would I remember alot of Chemistry data that really wouldnt necessarily be considered super important but is necessary to understanding higher levels?


--------------------
"Ten thousand flowers in spring
the moon in autumn,
a cool breeze in summer,
snow in winter.
If your mind isn't clouded by unnecessary things,
this is the best season of your life."
            -wumen

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Methods for inceasing motivation [Re: imachavel]
    #7249869 -

imachavel said:
man, are you going to be studies the chemistry of enzymes building life.
peace



What?

I want to study biochemistry.


--------------------
"Ten thousand flowers in spring
the moon in autumn,
a cool breeze in summer,
snow in winter.
If your mind isn't clouded by unnecessary things,
this is the best season of your life."
            -wumen

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Methods for inceasing motivation [Re: navyseals101]
    #7250005 -

From my college experience, I smoked weed almost every day and maintained a 3.5 as a full-time mechanical engineering student. Weed won't really interfere with your abilities (at least, not for much more than an hour or so), but if it kills your attention span you can still pull up to concentrate (hell, I actually found my calculus homework more easy when I smoked, which was something I never wanted to do sober). I'm done smoking now though, in my mind waste of $$$ and I'm a tripper at heart, not a stoner. :mushroom2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Methods for inceasing motivation [Re: blkjkrabbit]
    #7250216 -

Forget supplements for motivation. Unfortunately you just really need to want whatever it is you're studying. And it sounds like you do, so just remember where you want to be at the end of the course and take it a subject at a time. Just stay up to date and go to the lectures. If you can manage that whatever else you do you'll be fine.


--------------------
:igor: RIP :igor:

Bigger and bolder and rougher and tougher in other words sucka there is no other...
:pinkshroom: :supershroom: :mushroom2: :shroomer: :mushroom2: :supershroom: :pinkshroom:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Methods for inceasing motivation [Re: undergrounder]
    #7250524 -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Methods for inceasing motivation *DELETED* [Re: herfenara]
    #7250662 -

Post deleted by soulcircus

Reason for deletion: .


Edited by soulcircus (08/02/07 09:03 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Methods for inceasing motivation [Re: soulcircus]
    #7250673 -

A good multivitamin can help you stay healthy enough to do your work. I don't think you can or should take anything 'for motivation'.

But try this- for each class you take, roll a joint and set it aside. Get an A, smoke a joint. No A, no jay. That would motivate me.


--------------------
Roger Rabbit said: Growing mushrooms is part art, and part science, but it's not magic.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* No motivation daba 1,977 17 05/27/08 06:37 PM
by ChiefGreenLeaf
* I think we should start talking about methods World Spirit 1,495 12 09/23/03 05:49 PM
by World Spirit
* Motivation *DELETED* oneducktwoducks 985 8 11/18/04 09:43 AM
by stefan
* My Exercise, Motivation, Ass-Kicking-As-Required Thread
( 1 2 all )
MOTH 4,902 26 06/03/04 01:16 AM
by Strumpling
* Lack of social motivation Mushie_Man 1,520 11 06/16/05 12:27 AM
by nitroguy
* No direction, motivation, reason for living... *DELETED* Scott Bennett 1,358 11 02/17/06 05:52 PM
by TrippingDuality
* I've lost sentience and motivation Society 2,478 15 10/09/05 11:07 AM
by Society
* lack of motivation StonedShroom 1,286 13 03/08/05 09:39 AM
by Kerr

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: CherryBom, Asante, Rose, mndfreeze, yogabunny, feevers, CookieCrumbs, Northerner
2,603 topic views. 0 members, 1 guests and 4 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.033 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 19 queries.