Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Re: I'm going to explore the effects of staying up for as long as I can [Re: meatcakeman]
    #7215605 -

I have heard about the shadow people from a tweeker before..it is the truth. Honestly I love my sleep.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm going to explore the effects of staying up for as long as I can [Re: Skunk420]
    #7215612 -

the shadow people are real

and they are no fun


--------------------
大开眼界

:awegroove:
:fbsnugs::fbsnugs::fbsnugs:
Hasta siempre, comandante.
:mattz:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm going to explore the effects of staying up for as long as I can [Re: meatcakeman]
    #7215622 -

SO will this addle my reading memory or not?

That's mostly the reason I want to do it


--------------------
There is no valid reason you should be reading this

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm going to explore the effects of staying up for as long as I can [Re: Hyper_Panda_GO]
    #7215639 -

SO will this addle my reading memory or not?

That's mostly the reason I want to do it


--------------------
There is no valid reason you should be reading this

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm going to explore the effects of staying up for as long as I can [Re: Hyper_Panda_GO]
    #7216794 -

with my experience i would say.... bye bye memory. the way i kept myself awake was by coffee, showers and walking. your productivity sucks as well. i was staying awake because i had a deadline but afterwards i realised that a hour sleep wouldv'e given me more productivity to catch up that hour.

it's an interesting experience though but i don't think your gonna catch up on some reading. your sitting and your body could easily be caught off guard and fall a sleep


--------------------
Changing, Exploring, Morphing, Testing, Failing, Succeeding, Traveling, Thinking, Spacing, Tripping, Expanding, Connecting, Registering, Comparing, Discussing, Analyzing, Shifting, Seeing, Brightening, Touching, Timing….. I call it Psychedelic

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm going to explore the effects of staying up for as long as I can [Re: Phrenic]
    #7216815 -

Oh well

I'll just speed read August away


--------------------
There is no valid reason you should be reading this

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm going to explore the effects of staying up for as long as I can [Re: Hyper_Panda_GO]
    #7216827 -

i've been up for 20 hours :bored:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm going to explore the effects of staying up for as long as I can [Re: indica]
    #7216832 -

Hmm

This MAY have to wait until August or so due to certain events


--------------------
There is no valid reason you should be reading this

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm going to explore the effects of staying up for as long as I can [Re: Hyper_Panda_GO]
    #7216847 -

I stayed up for like 40 hours before (no drugs) and I started seeing shadows of animals and shit out of the corner of my eyes.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm going to explore the effects of staying up for as long as I can [Re: Hyper_Panda_GO]
    #7216862 -

Randy Gardner (record holder)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Randy Gardner holds a Guinness world record for the longest period of time a human being has intentionally gone without sleep not using stimulants of any kind. In 1964, as a 17-year-old high school student in San Diego, California, Gardner stayed awake for 264 hours (11 days)[1],[2], [3] with the help of friends, TV reporters, and shooting hoops. On his final day without sleep, Gardner presided over a press conference where he spoke without slurring or stumbling his words and in general appeared to be in excellent health. "I wanted to prove that bad things didn't happen if you went without sleep," said Gardner. "I thought, 'I can break that (Peter Tripp's 1959) record and I don't think it would be a negative experience.'" Sleep experts now believe that such sleep deprivation stunts are dangerous (Veasey et al., 2002).

It is often claimed that Gardner's experiment demonstrated that extreme sleep deprivation has little effect, other then those mood changes associated with tiredness (mood swings, short temper, loss of concentration)[4]. This is primarily due to a report by researcher William Dement, who stated that on the tenth day of the experiment, Gardner had been, among other things, able to beat Dement at pinball. However, Lt. Cmdr. John J. Ross of the US Navy Medical Neuropsychiatric Research Unit, who monitored Gardner's condition at the request of his parents, reported serious cognitive and behavioral changes.[5] These included moodiness, problems with concentration and short term memory, paranoia, and hallucinations. On the fourth day he had a delusion that he was Paul Lowe winning the Rose Bowl, and that a street sign was a person. On the eleventh day, when he was asked to subtract seven repeatedly, starting with 100, he stopped at 65. When asked why he had stopped, he replied that he had forgotten what he was doing.[citation needed]

Contents [hide]
1 Conflicting Record Information
2 See also
3 External links
4 References



[edit] Conflicting Record Information
The last Guinness record holder was not Randy Gardner but Toimi Soini of Finland (11 1/2 days in 1964) Times.

Randy Gardner's achievement never appeared in any Guinness publication as his record was exceeded by Toimi Soini just one month later (Museum of hoaxes)

Tony Wright on May 25, 2007 exceeded Randy Gardner's feat (BBC) in the apparent belief that the last Guinness record had been beaten. The record of Toimi Soini was not exceeded however.

In any event, the Guinness book of records no longer accepts or publishes records related to sleep deprivation due to the possible health risks.

According to the Australian National Sleep Research Project[6], the record for sleep deprivation is 18 days, 21 hours, 40 minutes. However, few details are available for this claim.



http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randy_Gardner_%28record_holder%29

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm going to explore the effects of staying up for as long as I can [Re: Hyper_Panda_GO]
    #7216867 -

Having just got into a decent sleeping routine four months after the birth of my son I can safely say that sleep deprivation is horrible.

Sleep is a wonderful thing, I love sleep, I adore getting a good nights rest - it is truly wonderful - ahhhhh blissssssss!

Lack of sleep is torture - literally - it is, and has been used as, a means of psychologically torturing people for centuries.


--------------------
"You've got to get hold of the thread of marching time, pull the fuck thing down, get on the end of it and pang yourself to the infinitude of absolute mind"
Ken Campbell - Furtive Nudist

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced" - Aart van der Leeuw

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Topic Subjects too general/vauge (ex: DEX, OXY) PsillyNilly 775 2 11/21/04 06:35 PM
by Phychotron
* This post has very little subject matter Dreamer987 699 7 11/19/04 11:20 PM
by McKennaFan200
* Tool Music: An exploration into the unknown? Jackolantern 2,090 13 09/30/03 08:30 AM
by Rose
* whats the longest you've driven to goto a show?
( 1 2 all )
mez 4,041 21 06/21/03 09:55 AM
by DrNickRiviera
* Caving / Hiking / Climbing / Exploring Silven 1,637 10 11/23/04 04:57 PM
by kindkesey
* Exploring abandoned buildings.. Bhairabas 1,504 8 10/23/03 12:57 AM
by uno
* i want to be a cave explorer *DELETED* Anonymous 714 5 02/10/05 05:52 PM
by HereFishyFishy
* Effects of Marijuana on the Brain. BlueTalon 2,071 17 11/24/03 01:59 AM
by Baby_Hitler

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,435 topic views. 5 members, 342 guests and 162 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 17 queries.