Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
I'm going to explore the effects of staying up for as long as I can
    #7214152 -

Because I have nothing better to do

this will be an excellent time to catch up on my reading, but I fear the lack of sleep will addle my memory and nullify that anyway

This will start the moment I wake up on Wednesday


--------------------
There is no valid reason you should be reading this

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm going to explore the effects of staying up for as long as I can [Re: Hyper_Panda_GO]
    #7214154 -

The delirium can be intense, most I ever lasted was 88 hours.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm going to explore the effects of staying up for as long as I can [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #7214162 -

My records 40 back when I was a kid


--------------------
There is no valid reason you should be reading this

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm going to explore the effects of staying up for as long as I can [Re: Hyper_Panda_GO]
    #7214167 -

Are you using any sleep-avoiding aids? I.E. Meff or adderall? :lol:


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm going to explore the effects of staying up for as long as I can [Re: Hyper_Panda_GO]
    #7214168 -

good luck, go for 250 hours

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm going to explore the effects of staying up for as long as I can [Re: rod]
    #7214184 -

had 33h, one hour of sleep, and another 33h but that doesn't make 66 :P

tips yes: television, computer, seems to keep you awake rather long. After a period of 4 months no TV/PC, I have the opportunity again to use both and my biorhythm is completely fucked up.


--------------------
I nawet kiedy będę sam,
Nie zmienię się, to nie mój świat.
Przede mną droga którą znam,
którą ja wybrałem sam.
-Myslovitz-

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm going to explore the effects of staying up for as long as I can [Re: freya99]
    #7214216 -

Hmmm

But will my memory be affected?


--------------------
There is no valid reason you should be reading this

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm going to explore the effects of staying up for as long as I can [Re: Hyper_Panda_GO]
    #7214243 -

When I played alot of games id stay up for days, i think my longest was in between 3 and 4 days. and i have noticed some kinda natural high from staying up for long hours. Bud seemed to help me stay up too.


--------------------
Tradelist
My Ethnobotanical Garden
Cup Greenhouse Tek. Make small sturdy pots (With detachable grenhouse tops) with cups.


Your human friend will have to dose atropine uninformed, I will not spread information that may harm a cat. - Wiccan_Seeker

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm going to explore the effects of staying up for as long as I can [Re: Hyper_Panda_GO]
    #7214386 -

Don't plan on doing it if you have to work. It'll fuck up any productivity you might have had.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm going to explore the effects of staying up for as long as I can [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #7214437 -

OneLessForeskin said:
The delirium can be intense, most I ever lasted was 88 hours.



I stayed up for 5 days without drugs, I was recently homeless, 17 years old and in
down town atlanta... after 5 I crashed for 2 solid in the old biltmore hotel, it
had burned a half dozen times and been remodeled, one wing was condos, they were
unlocked but getting past the guard was easy

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm going to explore the effects of staying up for as long as I can [Re: Hyper_Panda_GO]
    #7214444 -

sleep deprivation is pretty fun. the longest i ever went without a nap was probably around 35 hrs or so.

With a nap here or there, i've gone to probably to like 50 hours. none of those times were done intentionally to explore sleep deprivation, rather they were due to time constrained road trip vacationing.


--------------------
µgrammar

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm going to explore the effects of staying up for as long as I can [Re: UlcerPentacidis]
    #7214985 -

Good Luck.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm going to explore the effects of staying up for as long as I can [Re: InsaneMaryJane]
    #7214999 -

ermm... ur gonna fuck up brain ..

i went for 52 hours last week, just cause i had to work , party, family picknick then work again, then party.


I tell u this, by ur 42th hour ur gonna start halucinating and beeing... REALY REALY Slow


--------------------
Signatures suck ass, but at least i dont =D

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm going to explore the effects of staying up for as long as I can [Re: Hyper_Panda_GO]
    #7215129 -

Sleep dep can actually kill you!


--------------------
Nothing says love like grannies prolapsed anus!

quote]Urb said:
I know... Its fucked up... Ill fix it minyana..[/quote]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm going to explore the effects of staying up for as long as I can [Re: mndfreeze]
    #7215141 -

I'm pretty sure that's like consistant sleep dep, this would be a one time thing

As for work, I quite tomorrow


--------------------
There is no valid reason you should be reading this

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm going to explore the effects of staying up for as long as I can [Re: Hyper_Panda_GO]
    #7215189 -

Good luck! Make sure you let us all know how it goes! :wink:

I stayed up for 72 hours once. The only drug I took was caffeine. By the end of 72 hours I was unable to find the bathroom in my own house. I went to bed at that point (after asking someone where the bathroom was).


--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm going to explore the effects of staying up for as long as I can [Re: trendal]
    #7215324 -

Holy guacamole

I guess I should make sure I don't drive either


--------------------
There is no valid reason you should be reading this

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm going to explore the effects of staying up for as long as I can [Re: Hyper_Panda_GO]
    #7215328 -

Have fun, the longest I was up was about 3 days, I was on meth though. Meth is such a shitty drug though, bleh!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm going to explore the effects of staying up for as long as I can [Re: Skunk420]
    #7215511 -

Nazi experimenters discovered during rather inhumane experiments during WWII that test subjects will die after an extended period of total sleep deprivation (TSD). They also found that the vast majority of subjects followed a specific pattern of behaviour by day.

Subject Life Expectancy with TSD (Total Sleep Deprivation)
Puppy Dog 96 hrs.
Human 264 hrs.
Rhinoceros 153 hrs.
Sheep 340 hrs
Army Ant 24 hrs.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm going to explore the effects of staying up for as long as I can [Re: SHR00M0L0GIST]
    #7215564 -

i'm warning you.

you stay up for too long, you'll start to see the shadow people :whoyougonnacall:


--------------------
大开眼界

:awegroove:
:fbsnugs::fbsnugs::fbsnugs:
Hasta siempre, comandante.
:mattz:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Topic Subjects too general/vauge (ex: DEX, OXY) PsillyNilly 775 2 11/21/04 06:35 PM
by Phychotron
* This post has very little subject matter Dreamer987 699 7 11/19/04 11:20 PM
by McKennaFan200
* Tool Music: An exploration into the unknown? Jackolantern 2,090 13 09/30/03 08:30 AM
by Rose
* whats the longest you've driven to goto a show?
( 1 2 all )
mez 4,041 21 06/21/03 09:55 AM
by DrNickRiviera
* Caving / Hiking / Climbing / Exploring Silven 1,637 10 11/23/04 04:57 PM
by kindkesey
* Exploring abandoned buildings.. Bhairabas 1,504 8 10/23/03 12:57 AM
by uno
* i want to be a cave explorer *DELETED* Anonymous 714 5 02/10/05 05:52 PM
by HereFishyFishy
* Effects of Marijuana on the Brain. BlueTalon 2,071 17 11/24/03 01:59 AM
by Baby_Hitler

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,435 topic views. 1 members, 14 guests and 71 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.031 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 18 queries.