Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Passiflora Incarnata
    #7210455 -

Near the native park around here there's a bunch of passion flower blooming, so I'm wondering, how do I prepare it to be smoked, or ingested? Is there a way to store it and such? It would just seem a nice filler for when I"m dry on weed, or maybe something to add as a mix.


--------------------
Aaa...E I O Uuu...A E I O Uuu..A E I O uh Uuu..
*Cough* *Cough*
Ooo...U E I O Aaa...U E I Aaa..A E I O Uuuuu...

At first sight, The Perfection of Wisdom is bewildering, full of paradox and apparent irrationality.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Passiflora Incarnata [Re: Acaterpillar]
    #7210752 -

make sure its incarnata, there are some poisonous passiflora's.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Passiflora Incarnata [Re: Divinatory]
    #7210788 -

It's definitely incarnata, I compared it to the other species.


--------------------
Aaa...E I O Uuu...A E I O Uuu..A E I O uh Uuu..
*Cough* *Cough*
Ooo...U E I O Aaa...U E I Aaa..A E I O Uuuuu...

At first sight, The Perfection of Wisdom is bewildering, full of paradox and apparent irrationality.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Passiflora Incarnata [Re: Acaterpillar]
    #7210810 -

plug away then :lol:


--------------------
We were sent to hell for eternity :hellfire: Ø:omgawesome:h®
We play on earth to pass the time :foreheadslap:

Over-population the root of all Evil-brings the Elites Closer to the gates.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Passiflora Incarnata [Re: makaveli8x8]
    #7210815 -

Which part of the flower do we soak and then dry? And are the fruit usable?


--------------------
Aaa...E I O Uuu...A E I O Uuu..A E I O uh Uuu..
*Cough* *Cough*
Ooo...U E I O Aaa...U E I Aaa..A E I O Uuuuu...

At first sight, The Perfection of Wisdom is bewildering, full of paradox and apparent irrationality.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Passiflora Incarnata [Re: Acaterpillar]
    #7211288 -

I like using the dried herb for tea - a simple water extraction leads to a very relaxing product.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Passiflora Incarnata [Re: ApolloG]
    #7211638 -

Would it be possible to dry and smoke the flowers?


--------------------
Aaa...E I O Uuu...A E I O Uuu..A E I O uh Uuu..
*Cough* *Cough*
Ooo...U E I O Aaa...U E I Aaa..A E I O Uuuuu...

At first sight, The Perfection of Wisdom is bewildering, full of paradox and apparent irrationality.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Passiflora Incarnata [Re: ApolloG]
    #7211642 -

Smoke the flowers, eat the fruit (it's supposed to be good) Use the vine, flower, and leaves to make alcohol extracts for heavy doses (MAOI).

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/7138032#7138032

~Teotzlcoatl


--------------------
"We are the one's we have been waiting for"-Hopi proverb

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Passiflora Incarnata [Re: Teotzlcoatl]
    #7211645 -

yup


--------------------
"We are the one's we have been waiting for"-Hopi proverb

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Passiflora Incarnata [Re: Teotzlcoatl]
    #7211673 -

Do I wanna pull off the green part on the bottom of the flower and only smoke the color viabrant part?


--------------------
Aaa...E I O Uuu...A E I O Uuu..A E I O uh Uuu..
*Cough* *Cough*
Ooo...U E I O Aaa...U E I Aaa..A E I O Uuuuu...

At first sight, The Perfection of Wisdom is bewildering, full of paradox and apparent irrationality.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Passiflora Incarnata [Re: Acaterpillar]
    #7211884 -

i usually use about 2-3 oz of strait leaf and start off with 5 cups and boil it down to half a cup and drink.
it calms me.
i herd the flowers have too much cloraphil so there bad for u.
never tryed smoking it though


--------------------
N/A

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Passiflora Incarnata [Re: xXPANTERAXx]
    #7212599 -

you say "Do I wanna pull off the green part on the bottom of the flower and only smoke the color viabrant part? "

both will work but would expect the color viabrant part would make a better smoke...


--------------------
"We are the one's we have been waiting for"-Hopi proverb

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Passiflora Incarnata [Re: Teotzlcoatl]
    #7213107 -

I have a bit of experience with this plant.
for tea use about 50 leaves per person to make a nice relaxing drink. a bit sedative but enjoyable. you can also use stem material for tea.

for smoking i usually crushed up 2-3 dry leaves(whatever it takes to roll a joint). mixing half dry passiflora leaf and half marijuana leaf makes a nice blend. the passiflora blocks the nasty headache one usually gets from smoking weed leaf.

oddly enough i have no experience with the flower or fruit.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Passiflora Incarnata [Re: waixingren]
    #7213701 -

Chlorophyll itself is healthy. There is something in the leaf that bothers some people, never noticed any problems myself.

Passionflower (and scutellaria) contain benzoflavone compounds that work similar to the benzodiazepines (valium, xanax, etc). Except that these natural ones are less likely to cause loss of coordination, black outs, addiction, and other problems seen with the modern pharmaceutical benzos. They also seem to cut anxiety without much of a euphoria effect.

Course, if you concentrate it enough, even the natural stuff might get toxic. A tablespoon of leaf in a cup of hot water is good - a gram is better than a damn!

Passionflower also makes a decent aphrodisiac!


--------------------

Edited by ApolloG (07/23/07 12:12 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Passiflora Incarnata [Re: ApolloG]
    #7213839 -

I saw that there might be some chance of glycoside in the plant breaking down into cyanide. Where in the plant is the glycoside, and what methods can you use so that as much of the cyanide is not present as possible? Also how have you guys gotten the most effective smoking mixes?


--------------------
Aaa...E I O Uuu...A E I O Uuu..A E I O uh Uuu..
*Cough* *Cough*
Ooo...U E I O Aaa...U E I Aaa..A E I O Uuuuu...

At first sight, The Perfection of Wisdom is bewildering, full of paradox and apparent irrationality.

Edited by Acaterpillar (07/23/07 12:57 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Passiflora Incarnata [Re: Acaterpillar]
    #7215149 -

yes use the leaf not the flowers or fruit, erowid says they are poisonous.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Passiflora Incarnata [Re: ApacheShaman]
    #7215433 -

are you sure about that? I've always heard of people eating the fuirt and smoking the flowers...I believe if it was NOT passiflora INCARNATA you might have a problem, but the bad chemicals in incarnata should only be in trace amounts in any part of the plant but other species you should be more careful with.


--------------------
"We are the one's we have been waiting for"-Hopi proverb

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Passiflora Incarnata [Re: Teotzlcoatl]
    #7215918 -

I hear about people soaking the leaves in lemon juice and then drying them, does this increase potency, or vary the effect, as I can't find much on actual techniques for preparing passiflora.


--------------------
Aaa...E I O Uuu...A E I O Uuu..A E I O uh Uuu..
*Cough* *Cough*
Ooo...U E I O Aaa...U E I Aaa..A E I O Uuuuu...

At first sight, The Perfection of Wisdom is bewildering, full of paradox and apparent irrationality.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Passiflora Incarnata [Re: Acaterpillar]
    #7216429 -

hmm...never heard of that, try some with. some without


--------------------
"We are the one's we have been waiting for"-Hopi proverb

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Passiflora Incarnata [Re: Teotzlcoatl]
    #7216474 -

Ok look i checked erowid and it seems apparent that you can in fact smoke the flowers and eat the RIPE fruit of the passiflora incarnata species....I would'nt mess with other passiflora species. It also said unripe fruit could possibly be bad.

Dry a flower, smoke it with cannabis
Eat a very ripe fruit
Boil a few leaves for a tea

I bet you'll feel great, passiflora i. is supposed to contain GREAT antidepressants


--------------------
"We are the one's we have been waiting for"-Hopi proverb

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Growing Passiflora Incarnata - Passionflower Spellbound 255 6 06/22/17 02:44 AM
by Spellbound
* Passiflora incarnata, Ant Guardians, and the complexity of nature. Horticulture 1,488 7 06/14/09 11:34 PM
by kadakuda
* Germinating Passiflora incarnata Horticulture 3,285 2 09/22/09 11:05 AM
by The Herbalist
* Passiflora incarnata
( 1 2 all )
Teotzlcoatl 5,056 30 07/10/07 02:12 PM
by Teotzlcoatl
* The Maypop Experiment - Passiflora Incarnata Ren 2,255 5 06/19/12 04:24 PM
by Ren
* passiflora incarnata seedlings.
( 1 2 all )
ferrel_human 3,327 37 06/11/10 06:08 AM
by KBG1977
* Looking to grow some passiflora incarnata--tips please Mr. Wilson 375 2 09/21/12 02:31 PM
by ferrel_human
* passiflora incarnata
( 1 2 all )
KBG1977 3,447 30 08/04/10 06:52 PM
by benitoamanito

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: karode13, Mostly_Harmless, A.k.a
8,996 topic views. 1 members, 4 guests and 10 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 16 queries.