Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

fruiting hawain strain shrooms in a fish tank
    #710886 - 06/29/02 10:45 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

i have decided to grow shrooms for the first time i have ordered a syringe from spore worksand have got every thing ready i have decided to grow on a rice cake and i question i wanted to ask was if im going to fruit them in a fish tank how big should it be should i just get a ten gallon tank and put a peice of glass over the top making it almost airtight or should i use somthing else, also what should i use to sterilize the fish tank and make sure its one hundred percent clean and how many jars can i inoculate with one syringe and does the place where im going to grow need to be completely clean because i wanted to grow in my room and its not the cleanest place last if anyone could give me some good tips it would be greatly appreciated

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleThe_Mad_Hatter
Certified Madman

Loc: Somewhere in Wonderland
Re: fruiting hawain strain shrooms in a fish tank [Re: ]
    #710908 - 06/29/02 10:53 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

If things are not clean you are asking for trouble. I would take the time to clean the room before you waste it growing mold. I have been very fortunate to not have a visit from the mold monster, but I have also been a super clean freak.

--------------------
`Not the same thing a bit!' said the Hatter. `You might just as well say that "I see what I eat" is the same thing as "I eat what I see"!'

InvisibleFd3000
I'll eat YOU!

Loc: ^^ His house ^^
Re: fruiting hawain strain shrooms in a fish tank [Re: The_Mad_Hatter]
    #710922 - 06/29/02 10:56 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

i have never read a longer run-on-sentence in my life!

--------------------

"I could walk up to the president and blow smoke in his stupid monkey face and all he could do is stand there grooving on it" - Homer Simpson

Offlinenugsarenice
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: nowhere
    #710929 - 06/29/02 10:59 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

seran wrap will work for the top

Offlineshroomsrgood
Stranger
    #712335 - 06/29/02 10:35 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I ordered the hawaiian strain and here's what i did:
First i used the PF-tek to get them to the fully colonized state... then I got myself a large, 58 qt., sterlite container that was clear and had a white top. I didn't know if they'd get enough light, but they grew just fine.
I crumbled the cakes in disposable aluminum bread pans and used a seed starting mix to case them (the mix is vermiculite/peat moss with lime for pH, you can find it at wally world). i guess casings yeild more than cakes do. This was my first time attempting to grow shrooms and i got great results, so casing isn't all that difficult.
I used an aquarium bubbler for humidity, which also provides fresh air circulation which reduces stagnant air contaminants.
i found most of my information right here at the shroomery growing p. cubensis section or in the forum. good luck and let me know how you're coming. peace.

OfflineZEPH

Loc: Up
    #712389 - 06/29/02 11:55 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

hiya!! iv grew for a while but have few posts i really think you need to start with the pf tech..... period... its the best starter method out there. but for your question humm get ingenuitive look at the pic section there tips rock so much but a 10 gal would wourk ok but that will give you lots of co2. i know this my first time, so make shure ya fan your ass off like 2 times a day or yall get relly demminished yeilds im a NEWB 2 BUT I HAD GOOD SUCCESS WITH PF TECH!!!....im gettin diff sporse from diffrent fen soon to check around but they were good (im not addvertising for pf but the tech was sweet

OfflineGreyMatter
enthusiast

Loc: USA
Re: fruiting hawain strain shrooms in a fish tank [Re: ZEPH]
    #712443 - 06/30/02 01:14 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

You can innoculate 12 half-pint jars with a syringe. But I now like using a syringe on 6 jars. Ive seen a noticable difference in colonization time.
Also, the quicker it colonizes the better chance of having no contams. =)

OfflineZEPH

Loc: Up
Re: fruiting hawain strain shrooms in a fish tank [Re: GreyMatter]
    #714533 - 06/30/02 09:45 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

right on grey somtimes on accident we inoccolate like 1.5 or 2 ccs in one jar and its deffinattly the best of the bunch and those never contam either.....id like to know the best place well the most potent syringes you can get from a vendor. myself iv only got pfs syringes as of yet but am gonna try halk eye since they advertise 2 x consetrated spores but time will tell i guess lol

i cant spell im dummmb

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules