Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
'sevivorman' vs 'man vs wild'
    #7138382 -

These show are pretty similar but which one do you think gives you better info.

Personally I think servivorman has the better info. Every time I watch man vs wild I see the guy taking unnecessary risks and explaining it like its a good idea. I just watched the episode where he treks out of the sierra nevada desert. He climbs into a narrow gully finds some polluted water decides to swim through while explaining the dangers of flash flooding. Then he comes upon a small wall of debris and rather than going over it or dismantling it he decides to swim underneath a large pile of unstable debris. To me, that is retarded. And in the previous episode he stole a row boat, I thought that was funny.

As for servivorman I've watched a few episodes and everything he does seems well informed and in the proper order; water > shelter/supplies > food > movement - repeat. In man vs wild the procedure goes; movement > water > supplies > helicopter ride out. To me that seems somewhat unrealistic.


--------------------

Customize your Shroomery experience!
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 'sevivorman' vs 'man vs wild' [Re: Idiot]
    #7138384 -

Spelling is a big part of keeping alive


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 'sevivorman' vs 'man vs wild' [Re: Idiot]
    #7138395 -

I agree, a lot of people though don't like how realistic survivorman is though, the call it 'boring', and 'oh he bitches too much'.  Yeah he's alone w/ cameras, and no crew members.  He's allowed to bitch.  He does what he has to do to survive where he's been left because he's his only way out.

*edit*
Hey man, he's an idiot, give him a chance. :smile:

Edited by DRTMaverick (07/06/07 05:20 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 'sevivorman' vs 'man vs wild' [Re: AJ4U]
    #7138404 -

dude in man vs wild he comes across a zebra carcass in africa and fuckin starts eating it!

he almost throws up like 3 times


--------------------
What Would Dexter Do?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 'sevivorman' vs 'man vs wild' [Re: usefulidiot13]
    #7138407 -

Yeah, he's 'smart'.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 'sevivorman' vs 'man vs wild' [Re: Idiot]
    #7138412 -

i like them both. i do prefer survivorman a little more though.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 'sevivorman' vs 'man vs wild' [Re: LouisSkolnick]
    #7138417 -

Yeah, though I could see survivorman trying to cook that damn zebra meat, no matter how hot it is, because he realizes how shitty it would be to get some nasty parasite out in that wilderness. Plus, making yourself puke == dehydration.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 'servivorman' vs 'man vs wild' [Re: Maverick]
    #7138436 -

So I skipped a letter in the title big fucking deal, how many words did I misspell in the post? Do I have to change my screen name to get some fucking respect around here, god damn.

I don't see how being realistic is boring, some people are fucking idiots. and I give that guy alot of respect cause he ends up having to make the one trip he is on 10 different times just to get the shots that keep us entertained. If I were him I'd make discovery strap a camera to my head and thats all thayd get.


--------------------

Customize your Shroomery experience!
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 'sevivorman' vs 'man vs wild' [Re: Maverick]
    #7138445 -

Man vs. Wild is like Survivor, I mean, the guy has a full on camera crew following him everywhere and viewers are supposed to believe that he gets no help? Also, if Bear were really trying to survive, he wouldn't put himself into rediculous and dangerous situations just to "show you how to survive". I mean, he's always flinging himself down crevasses and into quicksand. It just seems too commercial, too trivial and unauthentic.

Survivor man is fucking raw, and focuses on true survival. Much more authentic, albeit slightly less entertaining.

Man vs. Wild is tailored for mass appeal and is pretty entertaining.
Survivorman is just hardcore.


--------------------
History says, Don't hope

On this side of the grave.

But then, once in a lifetime

The longed-for tidal wave

Of justice can rise up

And hope and history rhyme.

Edited by MiddleFinger (07/06/07 05:33 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 'sevivorman' vs 'man vs wild' [Re: Idiot]
    #7138448 -

Survivorman is more realistic and gives better information. Man vs. Wild is more exciting.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 'sevivorman' vs 'man vs wild' [Re: MiddleFinger]
    #7138452 -

Is the new survivorman series out yet?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 'sevivorman' vs 'man vs wild' [Re: MiddleFinger]
    #7138454 -

Man vs Wild is more to show you general ideas of what not to do, and if yuo do get stuck in that situation, say, quicksand, hwo to get out.

He can do that because he has the crew just in case, etc.

Survivorman doesnt do that shit because his ass would be dead if he fucks up. He actualy is truly surviving vs just showing you what to or not to do. Both have GPS locators however so the risk of them not going home is really nil.


--------------------
Nothing says love like grannies prolapsed anus!

quote]Urb said:
I know... Its fucked up... Ill fix it minyana..[/quote]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 'sevivorman' vs 'man vs wild' [Re: mndfreeze]
    #7138460 -

Also, Bear looks like he's in much better shape and does more strenuous things than Les does.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 'sevivorman' vs 'man vs wild' [Re: Idiot]
    #7138471 -

Yeah, Les from Survivor Man is may favorite.





I have Axel Pose names!


--------------------

"I'm looking at you looking at it"

SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL PLEASE! www.youtube.com/apollyphelion



Creator of the World's Worst Comic Book

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 'sevivorman' vs 'man vs wild' [Re: Maverick]
    #7138472 -

I don't follow these shows that much really, I was just watching man vs wild and got a little pissed about how stupid he was being. I mean if one of the sticks that he was aimlessly shaking around was weight baring and broke as he was swimming under the debris he would have drowned before the camera crew dug him out.


--------------------

Customize your Shroomery experience!
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 'sevivorman' vs 'man vs wild' [Re: Idiot]
    #7138483 -

I think that the camera-guy probably goes through as much shit if not more shit than Bear does through the course of his little adventures.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 'sevivorman' vs 'man vs wild' [Re: Idiot]
    #7138492 -

i think the guy from man vs wild has more knowledge.


--------------------
Dr :ronpaul: says to stop trying to treat the side-effects of big government and focus on the core issues. End the Federal Reserve/audit the gold reserves at Fort Knox, abolish the IRS, end all wars and occupancies, stop the building of an empire that will inevitably fail, and cut all unconstitutional federal programs. Put the power back in the peoples' hands by ending this nanny-state.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 'sevivorman' vs 'man vs wild' [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #7138524 -

Now that I know his name is bear I'm liking him even less.

and now that I know the servivormans name is Les (like less claypool) I'm liking him more.


--------------------

Customize your Shroomery experience!
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 'sevivorman' vs 'man vs wild' [Re: Idiot]
    #7139857 -

it's probably been said.. but, i didn't bother to read the replies..

man vs wild is shot w/ a crew.. the guy has a safety net to do that shit he does.. and, it's re-shot to get the best shot.. you can see sometimes when he's just come out of water and his hair is all dry.  Still a good show, but more staged than survivorman.

survivorman is just left somewhere with the gear he can carry.. he can't use any of the equipment to aid himself and he only has a radio for emergency.  Plus, he stays out way longer than bear gryls in man vs wild. 

survivorman>man vs wild

imo

:smile:

yos-

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 'sevivorman' vs 'man vs wild' [Re: Idiot]
    #7140011 -

Survivorman FTW

Bear is a dipshit....IMO of course.


--------------------
You invented the wheel....You push the motherfucker!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Man vs Wild is a fake
( 1 2 all )
Brainiac 5,369 28 07/31/07 08:54 PM
by rawtoxic
* wild foods rubixcubies 235 1 06/22/07 05:54 PM
by robbyberto
* Semen of the Sun LeastResistance 912 2 02/18/05 02:40 PM
by shirley knott
* Amazing... Thin White Duke 301 1 12/22/04 04:53 PM
by Infrared
* man vs. wild
( 1 2 all )
cApTaInCrAp 3,405 38 02/19/07 10:33 PM
by skydog
* Discovery Channel "Man vs. Wild" FAKE!!!!!
( 1 2 all )
tahoe 6,071 37 12/11/06 01:08 PM
by PornoRob
* .
( 1 2 all )
z_x_x_z 2,191 26 06/09/07 05:36 PM
by Kickle
* Man VS Wild
( 1 2 all )
euphoricpoison 2,594 24 12/28/06 11:24 PM
by elduque

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
3,190 topic views. 7 members, 20 guests and 125 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.035 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 18 queries.