Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Ready to dunk after 1st flush?
    #7096444 -

Is this cake ready to dunk after the 1st flush after I pick those last few little guys off of there?
I see it has some pins forming. I have a pic before picking, and after. Please advise.
Before picking:


After, should I dunk now or wait for those pins to mature?




--------------------
Anything posted here is completely fictional.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ready to dunk after 1st flush? [Re: Shroomey79]
    #7096450 -

I would recommend that you harvest.Then dunk the cake for 24-36 hours or so.Then put it back in the fc.The undeveloped pins can with stand the dunking.


--------------------
"Anything i say is fictional"
  what you should look for in manure

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ready to dunk after 1st flush? [Re: Shroomey79]
    #7097047 -

what strain are those?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ready to dunk after 1st flush? [Re: deformedreality]
    #7097084 -

Okay, that's a reasonably big flush. As a result, a dunk would be good.

Dunk for 12-24 hours after each flush, assuming more than one or two full-size mushrooms grow from the cake.

More than 36 is unnecessary, and may cause waterlogging of the cake, in my experience.

I've started to believe that dunking at room temp is preferable to the fridge. The time it takes for the cake to recover from the temperature drop is an unnecessary delay in the next fruiting, and I haven't had contamination problems as a result, so long as FAE is provided in the fruiting chamber.

Only dunk when you're done with the harvest. Yeah, some of the pins might survive the dunk, but what the fuck is the purpose? If they're growing, let them grow. Flushes might not be 100% even, in that some will start to pin and such while others are growing, but I have not had a problem with fully-continuous flushes, i.e. pins keep forming ad infinitum. It just doesn't work that way. If they're pins, let them grow. If they're aborts (darkening pin-caps), pick them. Then dunk. Don't dunk if you have active pins.

You DON'T have to dunk all your cakes at once. If you really want to, to avoid extra effort, just make sure you're done with all the harvests before you do. If you dunk a pin, it will abort, so why dunk until you've got a full harvest? People are so weird about their mushrooms, there is a lot of irrational advice out there regarding the dunking of pinning cakes.


--------------------
FGSFDSFGSFDSFGSFDSFGSFDSFGSFDS
FGSFDSFGSFDSFGSFDSFGSFDSFGSFDS
FGSFDSFGSFDSFGSFDSFGSFDSFGSFDS

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ready to dunk after 1st flush? [Re: figgusfiddus]
    #7097103 -

The strain is Golden Teacher.

I just dunked it for a few hours. Here are some pics post dunk. I'm worried that I should have picked off those little guys on top. What do you think, or will they perk back up? Should I get them off there now, or leave them? For future reference, should I pick ones that small before dunking the next time?




--------------------
Anything posted here is completely fictional.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ready to dunk after 1st flush? [Re: Shroomey79]
    #7097115 -

The people telling you to dunk cakes in the middle of a flush (i.e. after pinning has started) are confused and wrong. It isn't a big deal--you didn't waste anything. Let them grow, if they will grow, and if not, pick the aborts and eat them/throw them away.

I don't know what's going on here. I can't figure out where all that information is coming from. Dunking is not an urgent thing, it's just something you do in between flushes to allow the cake to recover a lot of moisture.


--------------------
FGSFDSFGSFDSFGSFDSFGSFDSFGSFDS
FGSFDSFGSFDSFGSFDSFGSFDSFGSFDS
FGSFDSFGSFDSFGSFDSFGSFDSFGSFDS

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ready to dunk after 1st flush? [Re: figgusfiddus]
    #7097124 -

This is my first grow. Let me make sure that I understand. My cake will stop producing shrooms after it makes so many, and I can call that the end of a flush, and that's when I should dunk? With this cake, it had that one big group of shrooms, and then it had a few come up right afterward. I'm just a little confused here, I guess. So those that are on there will probably abort huh? Looks like they're bruised all to shit.


--------------------
Anything posted here is completely fictional.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ready to dunk after 1st flush? [Re: Shroomey79]
    #7097214 -

Aborts will stay aborted. They don't recover. Those are your second flush pins. Often, they're set during first flush.

You can dunk a cake with pins. They'll grow during the dunk in fact, often doubling in size. Any that don't grow, or have black heads are aborts, so pick those off after the dunk, before placing back into fruiting conditions. Good luck. Nice first flush by the way.
RR


--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms



semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* cake bruised pre 1st flush? or contam? hyper_dermic 2,128 2 10/12/02 07:00 PM
by hyper_dermic
* odd flush, harvesting question (pics) wayne 3,127 5 03/05/03 05:46 PM
by bjkroll
* Will my poo make up for the weak 1st flush in the 2nd or... Gthirteens 1,913 4 02/18/03 07:34 PM
by Gthirteens
* 1st flush MrRabbit 1,221 1 03/23/02 04:44 PM
by puscle
* GIant Poo Cake used to spawn more poo after 1st flush? greenshaman 1,188 1 04/13/03 07:24 AM
by resin
* newb dunking question sevens 1,292 5 10/30/02 08:12 AM
by sevens
* treasure coast 1st flush TerrapinSunrise 1,756 5 03/04/03 03:48 PM
by TerrapinSunrise
* dunk 1st or cold shock 1st?? Ali 880 9 04/02/03 10:55 AM
by Ali

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
6,445 topic views. 19 members, 100 guests and 115 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.03 seconds spending 0.011 seconds on 16 queries.