Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6  [ show all ]
Re: How do people who work low-paying jobs survive? [Re: Cowgold]
    #7035318 -

And?

Its cash money no ties either way, its actually a great deal while collecting unemployment.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How do people who work low-paying jobs survive? [Re: tiny_rabid_birds]
    #7035323 -

Where do you live where rent is so damn cheap?


--------------------
We will also report to the NAACP and to Al Sharpton's entourage, how the Shroomery administrators allows their mods and members to be balatantly allowed the use of the 'N' word.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How do people who work low-paying jobs survive? [Re: Gratos]
    #7035341 -

"And?":rolleyes:    I was explaining why businesses pay 'under the table'.

DO IT!  It's work.  All it takes is one audit, so save.  Paying taxes on $10/hr is better than paying taxes on minimum wage.  Take the job. 

If the money is right, I'll work 'under the table' too.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How do people who work low-paying jobs survive? [Re: Nemo_Hoes]
    #7035356 -

I got some shady thing going on for the weekends....I've been working there on the weekends for 6 years now... I get 15 an hour now, but like..9 on the books...for half the hours, and then cash for the rest and so forth

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How do people who work low-paying jobs survive? [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #7035463 -

RandalFlagg said:
In order to pay for rent, utilities, food, car insurance, etc... you need to make so much more money than low-paying jobs pay.

How the hell do people do it? I'm sincerely interested.



Living to work, not working to live pretty much.

Holding down 2-3 low-paying jobs, your only time home is to sleep (briefly) and shower (quickly), and by packing your family into a 1-br shit-hole in a bad-part of town and living paycheck to paycheck, knowing that if you miss one you'll all be on the streets.

Sucks, but its done, and done by many - thankfully, I've never been in that situation, and hopefully never will be.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How do people who work low-paying jobs survive? [Re: kaniz]
    #7036553 -

The guy isn't writing me off as an expense, we talked about it in length. No 1099s. He said he doesn't need the extra paper-work and is just happy to have someone with electrical knowledge and experience. This isn't a high profile company, its just his own small business.

Really, I've worked under the table many times in my life, and have never been 1099ed. Although my entire $6,577.89 2006 Tax return was taken by the department of education before I could even see it because of an old student loan. That sucked serious ass. I didn't even find out until the day I was supposed to pick up the check from the tax place. We had serious plans for that and it was going to save our asses. Incidentally, I was fired from my last job the day before.

yeah...


--------------------
My favorites are weeping willows, which aren't really weeping at all. They're very wispy, witty and will dance in the breeze with you. Nothing like a tree that wants to dance with you. Although it doesn't like its thin limbs being pulled at all, it absolutely LOVES it when you walk through them, letting them gently slide over your face and shoulders. If you're naked, the willow considers it to be sex. It will orgasm on your mind and you will blow dream chunks into outer space. All very fun until your neighbor sees you.                                    -The Joekenorer

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How do people who work low-paying jobs survive? [Re: joekenorer]
    #7040941 -
Log in to view attachment

GET RICH QUICK!
I made a song about it, Check it out!


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How do people who work low-paying jobs survive? [Re: kaniz]
    #7043734 -

kaniz said:
thankfully, I've never been in that situation, and hopefully never will be.



huh?  you'll never be in that situation and hopefully never will be?  :confused:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How do people who work low-paying jobs survive? [Re: LayYouIn]
    #7045786 -

Christ, I never thought that this thread would be so successful.

I actually have had to work low-paying jobs before and it sucks. It's just been so long that I kind of forgot what it was like. After I dropped out of college I lived with my mom and worked at some warehouse. I made just enough to make the minimum payments on my student loans and keep my car running so that I could go to said warehouse job. My life SUCKED.

Then I got my own apartment in my hometown. I got another crap job and things got even harder. I couldn't turn my heat above 50 degrees in the winter and I couldn't afford food. I went from 135 pounds down to 115 pounds. On the days when I couldn't afford food (which was most days) I used to go into banks and pretend that I wanted to open an account so that I could snatch a few tootsie rolls or lollipops from the candy dishes on the counter. Ramen and I had an intimate relationship as well.

Being poor sucks. Never again.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How do people who work low-paying jobs survive? [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #7048468 -

Ramen? whatchu know about Ramen? man I got 10 recipes for Ketchup. man we was so poor growing up, we didn't have cooking oil,
so my mom just used petroleum Jelly!, Our front and back door was on the same hindge!.for real, had to eat a Large Pizza outside. Dropped a towel on the floor it was WALL TO WALL CArpeting.. We made the roaches sign a lease.

lol

hey, never say never man.

Peace
-the Shlager

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Bonnaroo Survival Guide Cooltuba 2,651 0 03/21/05 12:31 PM
by Cooltuba
* Got a job interview tomorrow. Thin White Duke 490 1 03/10/05 03:04 PM
by OneMoreRobot3021
* I have finally found my motivation to quit weed! Moonshoe 1,686 12 09/29/04 12:33 AM
by Skikid16
* How to survive the coming economic collapse?
( 1 2 3 all )
the_phoenix 4,982 46 11/26/04 08:28 PM
by vampirism
* We work jobs we hate...
( 1 2 all )
CagedHominid 3,056 33 11/06/05 08:14 PM
by WormholeSurfer
* ::::::My New Job::::::: funkymonk 566 3 05/19/04 10:02 AM
by Phishgrrl
* Good Survival Tips
( 1 2 all )
YouEnjoyMyself 2,677 20 05/30/04 11:13 PM
by YouEnjoyMyself
* Online Clothing Vendor Aneglakya 1,825 9 09/01/03 01:52 PM
by Aneglakya

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
7,632 topic views. 4 members, 27 guests and 276 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.018 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 17 queries.