Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
feeling the "essence" of plants while on hallucinogens
    #7048142 -

Well, after reading the recent thread on the plant coleus, I happened to notice that I've got one of these plants outside my place. Now, a couple weeks ago I was having a lovely trip on acid and at a couple of points I became quite enthralled with these plants. They seemed to have a special essence or something that was not noticeable in any of the nearby plants.

And I also began to think of the first time I tripped on mushrooms. Now, at this time I didn't really know exactly what stinging nettle looked like. However, when I was walking by a patch of the stuff it seemed to have quite an evil essence to it. Now, it was later confirmed that these plants were, in fact, stinging nettle when my sitter also didn't know what it looked like and led us through a patch of the stuff.

I was just wondering if anyone has had any similar experiences that they could relate, and if anyone thinks there's anything significant to this.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: feeling the "essence" of plants while on hallucinogens [Re: enygma]
    #7048408 -

i just posted in the coleus thread about something kind of like this. i agree with you completely, though.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: feeling the "essence" of plants while on hallucinogens [Re: enygma]
    #7049550 -

Have you ever read about shamanism?


--------------------
“I thought naming myself ‘ReoSpeedwagon153’ on a forum was a funny idea in 2006.”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: feeling the "essence" of plants while on hallucinogens [Re: ReoSpeedwagon153]
    #7049569 -

ReoSpeedwagon153 said:
Have you ever read about shamanism?



not in any significant depth.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: feeling the "essence" of plants while on hallucinogens [Re: enygma]
    #7049658 -

Scary plants look scary naturaly, the same way insects do. I dont know how much of that you could contribute to "essence"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: feeling the "essence" of plants while on hallucinogens [Re: mateoonfire]
    #7049694 -

You were on drugs. There is no good or bad those are creations of the human mind. I have always wondered why my friend who is also tripping looks different to me then the people who aren't on shrooms. As if my mind subconsciously knows and incorporates that into my visuals. Or maybe this is because the brain of a social animal is trained to know when others are poisoned or sick. I'm sure a lot of you have had cases where you were sure your dog/cat knew you were intoxicated. Again this could all be solely because of the drugs but I tend to not see any plants as evil or scary even poisonous ones.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: feeling the "essence" of plants while on hallucinogens [Re: jellyfish]
    #7050249 -

IMHO, plants are thinking, conscious entities that are self aware and do have personalities. I think that science will one day confirm that we underestimate the intelligence and spirit of plants and trees. For the most part they are gentle beings, but many have developed weaponry of sorts as a response to predation.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: feeling the "essence" of plants while on hallucinogens [Re: EthericOctopuss]
    #7050306 -

EthericOctopuss said:
IMHO, plants are thinking, conscious entities that are self aware and do have personalities. I think that science will one day confirm that we underestimate the intelligence and spirit of plants and trees. For the most part they are gentle beings, but many have developed weaponry of sorts as a response to predation.



I agree with the first part. I rather doubt that the limitations of science will ever be able to prove such a concept. That does not mean it's false, just that the rules of science are very limited.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: feeling the "essence" of plants while on hallucinogens [Re: EthericOctopuss]
    #7050316 -

Hey,
I found thid class offered in my area...

The Secret Teachings of Plants-( Date, Time, Place)
Expriential teachings based on shamanic traditional wisdom for accessing spiritual guidence and healing from plants. 7-Hour class-$80.
I spoke to the lady who is giving this class, and she has over 20 years experience and training in asia and surrounding areas, 10 years studying under " master Shamans".
She offers quite a few classes, including a $2000 9-month course on shamanism, and several other classes I might go to once I see if we have a connection.
I'm signed up and can hardly wait.
Less than 2 weeks away...

Edited by deadheadjpc2000 (09/27/06 09:47 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: feeling the "essence" of plants while on hallucinogens [Re: deadheadjpc2000]
    #7050317 -

This class dealt with techniques to center yourself, adjust to looking at nature with all 6 senses, and lowering/adjusting your vibrations to be open to communicate with the plant world.

Alot of info, then we( 6 of us) went our separate ways to find a plant to talk with. I "spoke" to 2 different ones, gleaning info.
After returning to group, we did an OBE, going back to the plant to see if we could learn anything else from our plant(s).
After that, we teamed up, and with one person sitting, the other standing behind, we did an exchange of energy. The person standing would center, then with hands on shoulders of sitter, allowed thier plant to speak to the sitting person. then switched positions.
This was very powerful, as our exchange( on both parties) was incredible!!
Then we discuswsed our plant talk, the OBE, and the exchange of energy. WOW!! Listening to the "trip" reports, any unbeliever would have had a radical change in thought.( NO Substances were used.)
More info.
Then, we went out, after going back to this meditative state, to look for our plant-spirit guide. I struck out, as a message came to me...She's at Home already. Which is what I thought...I know what/who my spirit guide is already. That was the whole purpose of taking this class- to be able to communicate to a plant whuich has drawn me in now for almost 3 years.
Then, we wrote down a personal question that we wanted an answer to.
Not too personal that it couldn't be shared, but not trivial, either. Passing papers to left, we went out to ask, on this person's behalf, if anyone wanted to help. Writing down the first thing that came to mind.
Regrouping, we passed the papers back to original owner, and silence. Dead silence. Afdter about 2 min., I said" I guess I'll start....Damn!!"
The info, gleaned from the plant-spirits, could not have been more accurate, providing info that this total stranger could not have come up with had they studied me for years.
Consensus was the same for everybody. We were shocked!! And Amazed!!.
The class broke up after 7 hours in the forests of Humboldt County. I was mentally and physically drained, and am still processing this AM.
Thought I would share a small part of what I learned....was amazing, and I think I'll check out her other classes.
No doubt that with practice and continued learning, I will find my Plant-Spirit Guide. I never did well with humans, so animals, and now plants, are my buddies.
Thank for reading.
Peace

Edited by deadheadjpc2000 (09/25/06 11:19 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: feeling the "essence" of plants while on hallucinogens [Re: deadheadjpc2000]
    #7068913 -

Deadhead- I wish she wouldn't charge large amounts of money for this class, it makes my "white shaman scam" alarm go off. But it does sound like you had an amazing experience.

And enygma- Stories of communicating with plants, gaining spiritual guides from plants, and gaining information from the world of plants abound in shamanism. Maybe you should look into reading about it.


--------------------
“I thought naming myself ‘ReoSpeedwagon153’ on a forum was a funny idea in 2006.”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* How Hallucinogenic Drugs Work
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
mjshroomer 77,067 117 08/13/14 05:49 AM
by omegafaust
* legal, healty, psychadelik or halicinogen/visionary plant?? salazare 1,900 12 10/03/03 09:38 PM
by Sev
* Differences between hallucinogens?
( 1 2 all )
silversoul7 4,286 32 06/09/03 09:45 PM
by DailyPot
* a plant to help me sleep?
( 1 2 all )
mile69 4,299 25 10/24/02 10:13 AM
by mile69
* Hallucinogenic puffballs
( 1 2 all )
dogkisser 22,073 21 01/11/14 12:00 AM
by Mrcloudy
* worried about hallucinogens
( 1 2 all )
blacksabbathrulz 3,021 23 05/23/06 06:16 AM
by MustardMan
* poisonous hallucinogens? dalorean 2,053 19 07/02/02 02:07 PM
by PsilocybicMind
* Patterns you see on Hallucinogens ShroomyMcPot 1,832 9 07/21/02 07:17 PM
by doozer

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: psilocybinjunkie, Asante, Rose, mushboy, LogicaL Chaos, Northerner, bodhisatta
1,546 topic views. 0 members, 17 guests and 50 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.031 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 16 queries.