Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinescotsman1
addict
 User Gallery

Loc: guess
amsterdam prices
    #704561 - 06/27/02 06:07 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

i got a friend going and we were wondering how much a gram of shrooms are in amsterdam , how much are they over in usa , a gram of say b+

--------------------
We're Bought and Sold
For English Gold

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflinePsyFlux
enthusiast

Re: amsterdam prices [Re: scotsman1]
    #704803 - 06/27/02 08:59 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

hm, I guess 1 gram of P. Cubensis would cost around ?2 in Amsterdam.
Don't know for sure, never seen shrooms sold in such small quantities.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: amsterdam prices [Re: scotsman1]
    #704837 - 06/27/02 09:13 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

There are three shroom doses available in Amsterdam at most smart shops. Psilocybe cubensis 1 fresh ounce is 25 guilders ($12.50, U.S.)

7 to 10 fresh specimens of COpelandia cyanescens are 25 guilders ($12.50, U.S.).

and one fresh gram of the sclerotia of P. tampanensis for 25 guilders ($12.50, U.S.)

Of course head shops owned by middle eastern people and pakistanis charge more but sell dried shrooms at times.

mj

Offlinenugsarenice
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: nowhere
Re: amsterdam prices [Re: mjshroomer]
    #704840 - 06/27/02 09:14 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I heard pills are 3 dollars a pill. cots are 7 dollars a night. And thas all I know.

OfflineMightyQuinn
Eskimo
Loc: United States
    #705018 - 06/27/02 10:32 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

That's interesting... At the smart shop I went to I bought what I was told was 35 grams of Tampanensis sclerotia for 25 Guilders, MJ. I'd estimate that the actual fungus was the size of maybe 4 or 5 walnuts... like a medium-sized fistful. First time I'd had any experience with the stones so I more or less was inclined to believe what the nice shopkeep told me, though I'm also inclined to believe you just 'cause... Now if you're saying 1 fresh gram for 25 guilders it might not have been 35 but it was certainly a lot heavier than 1.

Come to think of it, the guy told us everything was either 30 or 35 grams... cubensis, mexicana, copelandias, tampanensis. I began to suspect while I was there that not all of the smart shop employees are really required to know anything at all except for how to say "Take them on an empty stomach. If you have any alcohol, drink a Coke. 25 guilders."

--------------------
everybody's gonna want a dose.

OfflineRoger_irrelevant
War's boring,change thechannel!

#705032 - 06/27/02 10:36 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

In reply to:

Of course head shops owned by middle eastern people and pakistanis charge more but sell dried shrooms at times.

Errm, MJ that comment is non-factual and full of predjudice.

Have a look at some of these sites:

http://www.consciousdreams.nl
http://www.chillsandthrills.com Exellent head shop very close to centraal station
Both of the shops above sell dry shroomies and so do plenty others
some info and more links here:
http://www.seethru.co.uk/zine/guides/amsterdam/smart_shops.htm

Have a good one!

--------------------
We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams...

OfflinePsyFlux
enthusiast

#706912 - 06/28/02 02:06 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

"Psilocybe cubensis 1 fresh ounce is 25 guilders ($12.50, U.S.)"
we don't have guilders anymore, we have euro's nowadays
1 euro is about 1 dollar so it should be pretty simple for you guys

"I began to suspect while I was there that not all of the smart shop employees are really required to know anything at all except for how to say "Take them on an empty stomach. If you have any alcohol, drink a Coke. 25 guilders."
haha, very true
I've even heard about a person being told by a smart shop employee that you shouldn't take too much shrooms at once because you hallucinate from mild poisoning so taking too much would seriously poison you. Also urband legends about sugar or high doses of vitamin C killing a trip still circulate. Talk about ignorance and stupidity

Offcourse not all smart shop employees are like this... all that I personally met knew very well what they sold and what the effects on your body are.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: amsterdam prices [Re: Roger_irrelevant]
    #706939 - 06/28/02 02:56 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Roger Irrevelent,

Your comments:

"Errm, MJ that comment is non-factual and full of predjudice."

about my post being innaccurate and full of misinfoirmation is incorrect as is your comment that my comment was prejudicial is also incorrect. I said nothing negative about Middle eastern people or about Pakastanis. However I understand that Amsterdam now has a European dollar. Big deal. So they do not use the Guilder anymore. Big error

That is the only change I think and maybe a small price increase in the cost of shrooms. That has probably changed since I was there in 1999.

But, here are two mushroom boxes from the Concsious Dreams Shop Kokopeli Smart Shoppe in Amsterdam. When I was there there was no European Dollar. I am also a personal friend of Hans van den Hurk Owner of the Conscious Dreams Collective of which the Kokopeli Smart shop is owned by Veronique.

HEre are two trays for the cubensis shrooms 30 grams fresh, 2 grams over the one fresh ounce dose I posted above for the Psilocybe cubensis tray and the other tray is from the sclerotia of P. tampansensis which was suppose to say 15 grams not 1 gram of material as I accidently posted above here in my previous post above, a typo at the least least. I also have the box for Copelandia Cyanescens but see no need to post it.

Regarding my comments about the middle eastern shops I visited.

I went to a total of forty-three smart shops and 12 head shops in the Netherlands. At those 12 head shops, every owner offered me dried shrooms from under their counter at the time I was there with Gartz.

We visited many of these shops and each one was run by either French Algerian people from Northern Africa, a few owned by Israelis and several Pakastani owned shops selling smoking materials such as bongs and pipes,e tc. And drug related books, many in German.

A head shop is not a smart shop. There is a difference.

And the Coffee houses, I visted about twenty coffee houses, all of which sold pot and/or some had hash, and a feww offered mushrooms but that was only in a few of the coffee houses i went into.

Mj

I was also robbed in a restaurant while in Amsterdam and would never go there again because of that and the high hotel cost for staying there. And nost sales people who sell the mushrooms inthese shops have no comprehension as to what the mushrooms are really all about.

I lost four albums of irreplacable fotos, two cameras and four lenses, Passport, airline tickets and some rare spore prints.

I also observed several sales clerks hawk the shrooms to tourists from other countries. All smart shops use the same information sheeets when selling a freesh dose of mushrooms. The directions for intake are wrtten in several languages, Italia, Suise, Germanic, French, Portugeuse, English and who knowns how many others. They give you the instruction sheet which is similar to a sheet of information found when you buy a prescription.

and the P. tampanensis sclerotia tray:

Check out the trays I posted here above.

mj

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: amsterdam prices [Re: nugsarenice]
    #706942 - 06/28/02 02:59 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

nugsarenice, What kind of pills are you referring to. No one has mushroom pills except the HerbalEcstacy people who sell extracts of AMnaita which do not get anyone high.

AS for Cots. The Youth Hostel beds start at around $19.00 and up for space and the cheaper hotels charge $38.00 a night and up for a single room with a sink.

mj

Offlinenugsarenice
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: nowhere
    #706944 - 06/28/02 03:01 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

wrong info,,

OfflineRoger_irrelevant
War's boring,change thechannel!

#706976 - 06/28/02 03:35 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

In reply to:

Of course...!

In reply to:

I went to a total of forty-three smart shops and 12 head shops in the Netherlands. At those 12 head shops, every owner offered me dried shrooms from under their counter at the time I was there with Gartz

Well most of the smart shops I visited in 2002 sold dry.

In reply to:

A head shop is not a smart shop. There is a difference

Thanks for clearing that up...

In reply to:

I was also robbed in a restaurant while in Amsterdam and would never go there again because of that and the high hotel cost for staying there. And nost sales people who sell the mushrooms inthese shops have no comprehension as to what the mushrooms are really all about.

I lost four albums of irreplacable fotos, two cameras and four lenses, Passport, airline tickets and some rare spore prints.

I also observed several sales clerks hawk the shrooms to tourists from other countries. All smart shops use the same information sheeets when selling a freesh dose of mushrooms. The directions for intake are wrtten in several languages, Italia, Suise, Germanic, French, Portugeuse, English and who knowns how many others. They give you the instruction sheet which is similar to a sheet of information found when you buy a prescription.

Sorry to hear about the robbery MJ no-one needs that especially on holiday thats just shitty
Yeh there's alot of pimping (not just sexual) going on for the sake of tourists but I guess it's their right, as amsterdam is such a novelty (well compared to the rest of europe).
And as long as the buyer knows what he/she wants and what to expect I guess there shouldn't be a problem.

--------------------
We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams...

InvisibleDreaMaTrix
Shaman I am

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Falling into place
Re: amsterdam prices [Re: Roger_irrelevant]
    #707018 - 06/28/02 04:53 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

In reply to:

Well most of the smart shops I visited in 2002 sold dry.

I go to Holland about 10 times a year, and a majority of the shops , sell them fresh or dry. This goes for places like Rotterdam too, not just Amsterdam.
You have to ask in lots of places too. There is a shop right in the middle of the red light district (I was there by accident! ) that sell the biggest fresh shrooms I have seen in the 'Dam. They are proffesionally packaged too, just like supermarket bought edibles, labelled with species and weight

Good luck

--------------------

"We are the one's we have been waiting for" - Hopi saying

Edited by DreaMaTrix (06/28/02 04:55 AM)

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: amsterdam prices [Re: DreaMaTrix]
    #707178 - 06/28/02 07:30 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

It is actually illegal to sell dried shrooms in Amsterdam and the Netherlands.

Fresh shrooms are all right legally but dired is the same as manufacturing a drug. There are posts here somewhere inthe Shroomery about this with actual articles concerning the difference between dried and frsh. This is what hans van den Hurk, owner of th Conscious Dreams was arrested for selling dried shrooms.

mj

Offlinewhy
journeyman
    #707452 - 06/28/02 10:18 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

>This is what hans van den Hurk, owner of the Conscious Dreams was arrested for selling dried shrooms.

MJ, I thought the eventual descision in that case was that even the sale of fresh mushrooms was illegal. (that picking was an act of 'preparation')

I could be wrong, but what I heard is that the sale is now illegal but tolerated in the same way as cannabis is.

If you or anyone else know's if this is true or not then please inform me.

Offlinepaddo
Oh shit i realydid it this time
 User Gallery

Loc: Netherlands
Re: amsterdam prices [Re: why]
    #707964 - 06/28/02 02:21 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Your wrong..
Fresh mushrooms can be sold legaly without any problems,
who says you are going to eat them

Paddo

InvisibleDankman
Headphone Wizard
Male User Gallery

Re: amsterdam prices [Re: paddo]
    #708724 - 06/28/02 07:39 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

That's it! I'm going!!!!!

--------------------
"There was a dirty rainbow coming out of the fucking toilet" - 40 Oz.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience