Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
FUCK MY JOB!
    #7022249 -

Alright, so I'm pretty pissed about the way things have been going at work recently. I'm a busser/host/alley coordinator, and I wanted to be a server. So after multiple times of trying to become a server and getting rejected by my general manager, I told him I only wanted to bus tables.

Next week I've got all AC shifts, which means I'll make probably 100 dollars... the entire week. Last week I had a single bussing shift, and this week I have a single bussing shift. That's an average of 160-200 MAX a week lately.

I can't live on that, and I think my general manager is doing it to piss me off. I'm quitting today. I'm going in this morning and flatout saying "ok I'll finish up this week, but I'm out of here, find yourself a new employee."

I'd rather go in there and tell him to fuck himself, tell him I was making more money as a receptionist at a storage facility unit, where I just read and got high all day because of the amazingly low amount of traffic.

I hope I get this job at Macaroni Grill as a server. I have an interview today.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: FUCK MY JOB! [Re: Maverick]
    #7022272 -

Hey man move on but try to avoid the hard feelings. When you have negative thoughts and are pissed about things you only attract more of that in your life.
So be grateful with what you have, share what you have with others, and then you will be ready to except all the things you want in your life.
Be here now. You will do a good job, and you are a good worker. If it didn't work out it didn't work out. Just keep things together mentally in a positive way and you are good to go.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: FUCK MY JOB! [Re: Rahie]
    #7022277 -

yeah man, burning bridges is never the way to go

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: FUCK MY JOB! [Re: Maverick]
    #7022292 -

It always feels incredibly good to tell a hated boss to go fuck himself. But, make sure that you don't burn any needed bridges.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: FUCK MY JOB! [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #7022299 -

burn that motherfucker down.

if your manager acts this way towards you - he probably wouldn't give you a good recommendation anyways, so tell him to fuck himself!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: FUCK MY JOB! [Re: memes]
    #7022318 -

Eh I'm not going to be a jerk or anything when I quit.  I'll do it professionally, I just WANT to be a dick, not I will :laugh:  (don't burn unnecessary bridges right?)

But if I want to avoid conflict then I have to quit today.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: FUCK MY JOB! [Re: memes]
    #7022320 -

dude, just make sure you HAVE the job at macaroni grill before leaving. And I'd really really really advise against ripping him a new one, considering when your new job calls him, you'll want him not speaking of you as though you're the lowest scum to be employed.

just my two cents

edit: okay, good to hear you're going to be professional about quitting. but why do you have to quit today? why can't you just wait till you have the other job for sure?


--------------------

Edited by tiny_rabid_birds (06/08/07 10:02 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: FUCK MY JOB! [Re: tiny_rabid_birds]
    #7022373 -

off subject but holy fuck your avatar is fun to watch


--------------------
What Would Dexter Do?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: FUCK MY JOB! [Re: Maverick]
    #7023329 -

If you can, just hang on until you can make them fire you. That way you can actually go out and get some unemployment. Never ever quit a job before you have another one.

If the dude is pissing you off ask them to give you more hours. And if they don't want to give you more hours just try to get fired.


--------------------

BigUpRadio
WorldReggaeShow
DreaderThanDread - Listen!
(druqs said) don't get arsey, just get RC.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: FUCK MY JOB! [Re: Maverick]
    #7023339 -

yeah im debating on quitting my job as well.. ive been here for just over 6 weeks now and still have no idea what im doing.. i just pretty much clock in, and then come post here.. (im working right now :smirk:)

suprisingly, no one has really said anything. but then again my manager is pretty stupid too. oh well. ill hold this shit until i find something else

best of luck to you mav.


--------------------
Banez' PF Tek For Beginners

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: FUCK MY JOB! [Re: Banez]
    #7023347 -

Why find something else if you don't do anything. That is my dream job, a job I just fuck around all day like normal, but get paid for it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: FUCK MY JOB! [Re: Rahie]
    #7023356 -

because im sure sooner or later someone is going to realize that i have no clue what i do, and then ill be unemployed with bills and end up homeless?


--------------------
Banez' PF Tek For Beginners

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: FUCK MY JOB! [Re: Banez]
    #7023380 -

well im off work now, time to punch out and go home.

see you guys later.


--------------------
Banez' PF Tek For Beginners

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: FUCK MY JOB! [Re: Banez]
    #7023401 -

Maybe ask the boss what you have to do, and when he asks what you have been doing find something to say. This way you won't get fired. Maybe that is your job, to do nothing, to fill the budget. It happens....

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: FUCK MY JOB! [Re: Its Pat]
    #7023418 -

Its Pat said:
If you can, just hang on until you can make them fire you. That way you can actually go out and get some unemployment. Never ever quit a job before you have another one.




That's what I did, I was gonna quit but I just got fired instead. Now I'm gonna collect unemployment for the whole summer and then go back to college in the fall.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: FUCK MY JOB! [Re: Maverick]
    #7023427 -

Hope the Macaroni Grill interview goes good for you.
Fuck low life scum bosses.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: FUCK MY JOB! [Re: Banez]
    #7024888 -

Banez said:
well im off work now, time to punch out and go home.

see you guys later.



Are you guys hiring? Having a job like that looks nice to someone that has to work in extremely hot and draining conditions.
:hellfire:


--------------------
TRIP Messiah

Sexy Devil Entertainment

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: FUCK MY JOB! [Re: Maverick]
    #7024914 -

God damn, 100 a week? Do you work like 1 hour per day? Your getting fucked. Burn that bridge for yourself just so going back to that is not an option. I would advise getting a grownups job.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: FUCK MY JOB! [Re: Trip_Messiah]
    #7025261 -

yeah, i picked up an application to work at the BP station near my house.. to pick up some extra hours for now and to have a 2nd plan in case something happens at my current job.


--------------------
Banez' PF Tek For Beginners

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: FUCK MY JOB! [Re: Banez]
    #7025336 -

ah yes the macaroni grill sounds like a great place to work.
so as a host and busser do you get a notepad and a squeegee ?

:rolleyes:


Instead on ranting  better yourself and get a better job.  No one should complain about theor job. Beides it's what your paid to do.. be professional about it. No one is making you work there. You did that all on your own. You want something then go get it


not to sound harsh but it's the truth


--------------------
Big Rich Grillz......

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* bartenders?anyone?
( 1 2 all )
rolbz 3,038 20 07/01/05 06:44 PM
by JeeLiX
* Bartending Schools Corporal Kielbasa 1,290 11 09/05/06 10:51 PM
by Prisoner#1
* FUCK FILE SHARING!!!!!!!
( 1 2 all )
DoctorJ 4,199 21 11/22/03 11:21 PM
by Sombie
* The Official Shroomery Bartenders' Thread BrAiN 2,189 16 08/27/05 01:12 PM
by MrBump
* any bartenders out there? thegatewaydrug 968 9 06/01/05 12:27 AM
by SneezingPenis
* why dating a bartender sucks durban_poison 1,193 7 05/24/06 03:27 PM
by moosehead
* How the fuck do I get a job!?
( 1 2 all )
sHrOoMeRrR420 4,018 23 04/02/19 04:49 PM
by cannabinated
* Bored, WHAT THE FUCK downforpot 744 10 07/24/04 07:35 PM
by downforpot

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
3,154 topic views. 5 members, 13 guests and 92 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.039 seconds spending 0.012 seconds on 18 queries.