Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineI_Fart_Blue
Stranger

Loc: SItting on the Group W Be...
The usual newbie stuff,,,,
    #701157 - 06/25/02 04:02 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Hey all,
Just wanted to introduce myself first off. So, HI, everybody wave to the newbie. I have tripped off of 'cid about a dozen times. I havent tripped for over 2 years and Ive never done shrooms, Ive always wanted to, just never had the chance. Now that we have gotten that overwith I just wanted to probe the minds of the powers that be with a few q's/ideas.

1)Any recomended strain of P.Cubensis for newbies like myself. I've inherited my parrents green thumb, but as far as a blue one I've yet to discover, so my growing experience as far as this goes is nil. I am planning on picking up some sporeprints off the net, so any good strains for begginers would be helpful.

2)OK, so I got a kit off of ebay the other day, well its three really, for about $40. You can get them from www.nobrainershrooms.com I know that I could have built a better setup for as much, but I am doing this as a curiosity thing before I go ful blown. It uses a microwave and some of the disposable tupperware containers. Cheesey and likely to fail I am sure. If I loose $40 its no biggy(plus the damn stock market has been hitting me for worse ) The interesting part are the "syringes" that came with them. I use that term lightly. They are the little plastic disposable containers that you see eye medicine or flea medecine for dogs come in. Kinda struck me as odd you know?

3) I am a bit of a cheap bastard and I don't have A/C. I live on the 2nd floor of a downtown appartment building. For those who dont know, VA can get pretty warm. Today's hjigh was 96 and the humidty is awful. I am sure that it tops out at over 100 degrees F inside my appartment durring the day. Is this going to be too hot? I am going to be moving within about 1-2 months so then it wont matter but I was kinda curious.

Well I thiink thats it for now. Sorry for the long post. Thanks in advance!

--------------------
"A study of the history of opinion is a necessary preliminary to the emancipation of the mind. I do not know which makes a man more conservative-to know nothing but the present, or nothing but the past." -John Maynard Keynes

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleRebelSteve33
Amateur Mycologist
Male

Loc: Arizona
Re: The usual newbie stuff,,,, [Re: I_Fart_Blue]
    #701174 - 06/25/02 04:06 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I would recommend EQ's myself.... They worked very well for me my first time.
Also, that heat might be a little much. Anything over 86 degrees can slow the growth. I think they will still grow as long as they don't get above 106 or something like that, but they might grow slower.
And I wouldnt be worried about those syringes... I'm not sure what the one's that eye or flea medication come in look like, but they're probably normal. I thought mine was a little odd the first time I saw it too.
Good luck, and remember to have patience!

--------------------
Namaste.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #701177 - 06/25/02 04:07 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

If you know it's the usual newbie stuff, I'll give the usual answer. Read the FAQ and the TEKs and use the fucking search button.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Offlinebassplayer74
old hand

Loc: Tennessee
    #701192 - 06/25/02 04:12 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Hi and welcome!

First let me say that almost everything can be answered by looking through the shroomery site and reading alot on the boards.

Start here: http://shroomery.org/faq/

Kits suck.

In reply to:

Cheesey and likely to fail I am sure.

Exactly! Especially from that guy...those kits are the worst.

Ecuadors are great for beginners but all of them are basically the same to grow.

In reply to:

Is this going to be too hot?

Yes...i suggest you wait till you move for sure.

As for getting your spores I highly recommend The Little Guy as do many others...click on the link in my sig line. He will set you up and prolly throw in a free syringe too.

Do A LOT of reading!!!!!! Only post if you cannot find the answer your self or you may get flamed by others...just a warning.

i highly suggest you start with the pf tek too...easy and very hard to screw up...you can move on from there...here's the link: http://www.fanaticus.com/index.htm

PM me anytime for anything.

bassplayer74

--------------------
If you will it, it is no dream.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder