Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebytecodez
lurker
Dunking? And a newbie question about my first PF Jars.
    #1203732 - 01/09/03 08:29 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I've got some PF Jars growing on the shelf in my room. 7 are looking pretty good, but I'm having a few problems with 4 of them. I have 11 jars because one cracked during sterilization. Its been 2 and a half weeks and seven of the jars are looking good, they are almost completely white with just a few spots that need to be filled in by growth. So far I haven't had any problems with contamination *knocks on wood*. 1 of the problem jars I think that I fucked up while inoculating, because one side of it has grown in but the other side is showing no growth, so I might have double inoculated 2 holes and not done the other 2 by mistake. If I just leave this jar a little longer will it fill in? And the last 3 jars have patchy growth, that looked good at first but seems to have stopped and I can't figure out why. Does anyone have any ideas?

I've been doing a lot of reading about casing, but I think I'll just stick to cakes for my first harvest, but I am interested in dunking. It seems like a easy way to increase my yield. Would you recommend this for a first timer? I have to make sure I've got the procedure down as well. All you do is, once the cake is fully colonized, take it out of the jar and place it in some nice clean water for 24 hours and then continue as normal following the PF Tek? Is it okay to just put all the cakes in the same dish (say a deep baking pan or something, and then cover them and refrigerate for 24 hours?

Thanks for the help guys!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinesocratesmind
old hand

Loc: in your house :)
Re: Dunking? And a newbie question about my first PF Jars. [Re: bytecodez]
    #1203762 - 01/09/03 08:42 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

welp as far as dunking procedure it seems pretty good. but if u put all cakes in one water source that means they will share contams too :frown: all eggs in one basket is not a good thing.  however u can use nice clean water to fillup the jar that they are in and let them sit like that.  also on the stalled jars u can try flipping and removing the tape to get the last lil bit colonized. if they stall and seem not to move for a while u may have messed em up in preperation by baking the water out of the jars or not having tinfoil/tape over holes to keep water out of it and thus oversaturating the substr8. so just have some patience and dont look at em for say a week and then see if they moved any. patience :smile:

--------------------
Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded.
- Abraham Lincoln: Speech in the Illinois House of Representatives, Dec 18, 1840.

OfflineGypsymage
Stranger
    #1203792 - 01/09/03 08:58 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I am also on my first batch. I had two jars where I missed holes and I just innoculated the holes that I missed with absolutely no problems. All cakes are birthed now and still looking good.

InvisibleSubGen1us

Re: Dunking? And a newbie question about my first PF Jars. [Re: Gypsymage]
    #1203929 - 01/09/03 10:16 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I wouldnt recomend dunking till after ur first flush. it was a tek made to rehydrate and extend the life. u could possibly have problems if u dunk them all, maybe try half ur jars dunked and half not. sincee ur a newbie i recomend no dunk. try to get some mushrooms for a lot of prints so u can afford to lose some with experiments.

--------------------

Offlinebytecodez
lurker
Re: Dunking? And a newbie question about my first PF Jars. [Re: Gypsymage]
    #1203936 - 01/09/03 10:17 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I would just innoculate the missed holes, but I used all of my spores, so I don't have any way to do it. I was thinking about putitng some water in the syringe and then injecting a bit and trying to quickly suck it ot again and then use that to inncoulate the other side of the jar, but I'm not sure if that'd do the trick or not.

So when dunking is okay to just flood the jars that the cakes are already in and put a lid on them and allow them to soak? Are there any special considerations when dunking in this way?

InvisibleSubGen1us

#1203984 - 01/09/03 10:38 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

i dunked my first cake and i lost it to contams.
try to gte at least a cake without doing anythign special too if its ur first grow. trust me, it may be the only cake that survives.

--------------------

Edited by SubGen1us (01/09/03 10:39 AM)

InvisibleTinMan
Stranger

Loc: Russia
    #1204005 - 01/09/03 10:46 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Try adding some H2O2 to the water that you dunk it in to reduce the risk of contams.

Offlinebytecodez
lurker
Re: Dunking? And a newbie question about my first PF Jars. [Re: TinMan]
    #1204063 - 01/09/03 11:04 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

>H2O2
Thats Hydrogen Peroxide right? How much of that do I want to add to the water?

Does dunking increase my risk of contams greatly? So far all I'm hearing is bad. Has anone had great success with dunking? If I do dunk I think I will go 50/50 with my cakes, so if the dunking fucks up at lease I'll have a few shroomies.

Invisiblefungusflip
visionary

Loc: texas
    #1205188 - 01/09/03 04:54 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

use 1 part h202 to 10 parts h20. the h202 wont hurt the cakes at all but it will cut down if not completely irradicate contamination. however if you do dunk your cakes all in the same container make sure that you dont put any cakes in the container that have even the slightest bit of contamination on them and you'll be fine. another thing that has worked for me is this. sometimes when i birth my cakes i'll find small amounts of contamination upon opening the jars, you know just on maybe 2% of them. if the contamination is small enough i'll cut it off and i have a speacial terrarium set up for my handicapped cakes and i always yeild mushrooms from those cakes without putting the healthy ones at any risk. just an experiment that i do. use caution though and common sense. any more questions can be sent via private message :grin: 

--------------------
let it be know, there is a fountain that was not made by the hands of men.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck