Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Re: Help with cold jars!
    #70101 - 01/01/00 09:25 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

You can always use a heating pad...
You can find them at Drug Stores and Wal-Mart from $10-$20.
Just be sure to keep it on low, you dont want to kill your jars...

Place the jars about an inch above the heating pad, you can use blankets or whatever is available.
ShroomGod has a great post detailing his method of keeping jars warm. It's down the board somewhere...

If you buy one you may want to get an extra one also, for your your terrarium. They will fruit around 60 or 65 degress but it would be sorta slow.

-DooDoo

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblevivid
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Berkeley, California
    #70103 - 01/01/00 11:18 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

DON'T BUY A HEATING PAD! Those can be an absolute disaster. ShroomGod has the best incubator I've seen, and its working wonders for me. Look here: ShroomGod's Incubator Thread. I put mine together for under $30. Its a big step up from my cardboard box and light bulb tek, hehehe :rolleyes:

vivid

Anonymous

#70104 - 01/01/00 11:21 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

Don't badmouth heating pads!

I pulled out my first crop with one, it worked beautifully... just set it on low, and it works perfectly.

Anonymous

#70105 - 01/01/00 10:59 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

I have my jars in a styrofoam cooler with a heating pad under it and it kicks ass. I can keep the temp stays beetween 84-87.

Anonymous

#70106 - 01/02/00 12:57 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Well let me put it this way, I use the Shroom Wizards meathod, cept instead of an underwater heater I use a heating pad to heat the water to heat the lids and it works good... but I'm not sure what tempurature I should leave it at... =(, I had it on high, and this morning I turned it to meduim... My jars felt pretty warm when I took them out... of course I don't think it was close to 100 otherwise I would be like "damn man, that shit works a little TOOO good...." . I didn't really do a good job making themixtures and I probly need another syringe (from Ryche...). When I inogulated the first batch I was stoned and didn't really sterilize the neelde though it poked my friend, the second bach, I think I ddi right though, sterilizing the needle with flame and all. I see no growth on my jars, probly cause it's been 2 days... oh well. any comments on my meathod are welcome.

thanks

------------------
-Jim Sh0e-

Anonymous

#70107 - 01/03/00 04:09 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Well, my friend is a first time grower and here's the method he used which worked extremely well. This method assumes that you have basic home wiring skills. If you don't, then forget it.

First, get one of those cheap Sterlite 10 gallon containers that they sell at Target for like 5 bux and a cheap heating pad. Then, go to Home Depot and buy an in-line thermostat, 2 standard electical junction boxes, a standard outlet and a face plate for the outlet. The thermostat he purchased was a Honeywell for like $12. Also, get the cheapest extension cord that they have. Pick up a package of wire nuts if you don't have any at home.

1. Take the lid of the Sterlite container and mount the electrical junction box using just basic drywall screws (or any method that will work). This is where the thermostat will go.

2. Mount the other electrical box to the outside of the lid. This is where you will put the outlet.

3. Cut the plug end of the extension cord and wire up the thermostat and the outlet. If you don't know how to do this, then don't try this method.

4. Put the heating pad under the box and a towel in the bottom of the box. Plug the heating pad into your newly created outlet on top of the box. Turn the heating pad on and set the thermostat for the desire temperature.

Wala! you now have a constant temperature environment for around $30. My friends EQ's fully colonized in like 2.5 weeks.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale