Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinejoekenorer
The Joekenorer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Pensacola, FL.
Meditating while tripping...
    #6980850 - 05/29/07 05:11 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Anyone here familiar with meditating while on psilo? I haven't tripped since 98', and i'm planning on doing it again very soon and spending as much of it as possible with my eyes closed in meditation. From what I hear its challenging, but rewarding. Can anyone give me some tips, advice or want to share a story about trip-meditation?

--------------------
My favorites are weeping willows, which aren't really weeping at all. They're very wispy, witty and will dance in the breeze with you. Nothing like a tree that wants to dance with you. Although it doesn't like its thin limbs being pulled at all, it absolutely LOVES it when you walk through them, letting them gently slide over your face and shoulders. If you're naked, the willow considers it to be sex. It will orgasm on your mind and you will blow dream chunks into outer space. All very fun until your neighbor sees you.                                    -The Joekenorer

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLion
Decadent Flower Magnate
Male User Gallery

Re: Meditating while tripping... [Re: joekenorer]
    #6980898 - 05/29/07 06:06 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I have a lot of trouble meditating while tripping because it amplifies any soreness I have. If you meditate while tripping and this happens, lying flat on your back in the yogic corpse position with eyes closed and focusing on breathing is the next best thing IMO.

--------------------
“Strengthened by contemplation and study,
I will not fear my passions like a coward.
My body I will give to pleasures,
to diversions that I’ve dreamed of,
to the most daring erotic desires,
to the lustful impulses of my blood, without
any fear at all, for whenever I will—
and I will have the will, strengthened
as I’ll be with contemplation and study—
at the crucial moments I’ll recover
my spirit as was before: ascetic.”

Offlinej_db69
Forever learning shaman
 User Gallery

Re: Meditating while tripping... [Re: Lion]
    #6981031 - 05/29/07 07:45 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

The easiest way to do meditation while tripping would be to listen to some soothing sounds or nature itself. Something very mellow w/out words to it. Shpongle's - Fruit flute always comes to mind. That or if you are stuck indoors, get some kind of sounds of nature stuff.

Meditating in complete silence is also a way to go, but it will require more work to truly get to where you want to be..

--------------------
One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the dark conscious.
--Jung

InvisiblePsychoactive1984
PositiveCynicist
Male

Loc: California, Monterey Coun...
    #6981035 - 05/29/07 07:48 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I don't know personally i see it as a waste of a trip, i practice some breathing exercises minimally while tripping with closed eyes and a dark room just to relax, but thats the extent of it. Then again it all really depends on you dose, if you could share that would be helpful, an eigth or so and you can meditate fine but take a few more then 4-5 and you really can't be bothered to do it, or at least i can't.

--------------------
"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
"Politics is the best religion and politicians are the worst followers."
-It's ok to trip as long as you don't fall.
-Substance over Style.
-Common sense is uncommon.

Offlinee3k
Stranger

#6981426 - 05/29/07 10:27 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

i used to meditate with ganja, definitly was a different experience as without. maybe try this first, before going for mushrooms?

ps: dance is a realy good form of meditation

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: Meditating while tripping... [Re: Lion]
    #6981766 - 05/29/07 12:14 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

bug said:
I have a lot of trouble meditating while tripping because it amplifies any soreness I have. If you meditate while tripping and this happens, lying flat on your back in the yogic corpse position with eyes closed and focusing on breathing is the next best thing IMO.

That's what I do. I close my eyes and breathe and find that it works out well for me.

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Loc: red panda village
    #6982492 - 05/29/07 03:07 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Yes, I have meditated two times while tripping, the word challenging is the right word, but rewarding is another word for it too. I think that at least once it must be experienced.
I've learned (the second time) that it works better in this manner:
I started meditating one hour before the trip, doing reiki too.
I took the mushrooms and started meditating again so that I was in a deep meditative mind when the mushrooms kicked in and I managed to remain meditating for more then five hours (with one minute stops to drink water), on the come down I was totally mind blown and I had to move, breathe, wash my face, stretch & the like.
It's not the insights you get (which are overwhelming too), but what I've noticed as being totally remarkable is the fact that it teaches you self-discipline. :yinyang:

--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

OfflineLion
Decadent Flower Magnate
Male User Gallery

Re: Meditating while tripping... [Re: j_db69]
    #6983343 - 05/29/07 06:32 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Flute Fruit is an awesome song! :laugh:  If only it were a bit longer.

--------------------
“Strengthened by contemplation and study,
I will not fear my passions like a coward.
My body I will give to pleasures,
to diversions that I’ve dreamed of,
to the most daring erotic desires,
to the lustful impulses of my blood, without
any fear at all, for whenever I will—
and I will have the will, strengthened
as I’ll be with contemplation and study—
at the crucial moments I’ll recover
my spirit as was before: ascetic.”

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom