Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Re: Perlite.... Conflicting Info
    #69032 - 12/19/99 04:16 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

Both are right. The answer is that if you use perlite there will be a time when you will want to reduce humidity down to low 90s. I increase the air exchanges. If I still need a greater drop...the front of my birthing chamber is drapped with plastic sheeting. I just leave it open a little...dropping the humidity down to the optimum level.

------------------
Peace, Love & Light

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleLinkA
Intrinsically No Good

Loc: Lost Woods, Hyrule
    #69034 - 12/19/99 08:26 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

I have problems with cobweb mold. I think it's because of not enough air exchange(not to mention the fact that i live in a filthy environment). i use perlite because I like to leave the lid propped open, and it's really easy to modify the humidity by opening it or closing it a little bit.

------------------
Lancelot Link: Secret Chimp

--------------------
Wonder had gone away, and he had forgotten that all life is only a set of pictures in the brain, among which there is no difference betwixt those born of real things and those born of inward dreamings, and no cause to value the one above the other.  -- H.P. Lovecraft "The Silver Key"

InvisibleLinkA
Intrinsically No Good

#69035 - 12/19/99 08:36 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

oh yea, another dimension, i've been wondering. is this your first batch? i've gotten the idea before, that you've never really grown. but, you have a lot of posts, and from the ones i've seen, you have a lot of knowledge (more than a lot of people who've been growing), and really help a lot of people. plus, you always seem to ask good questions, which doesn't happen as much as it used to. i always read your topics, because i know it's not going to be a stupid question. You must do a lot of reading, i commend you for it. i wish more people did that.

------------------

--------------------
Wonder had gone away, and he had forgotten that all life is only a set of pictures in the brain, among which there is no difference betwixt those born of real things and those born of inward dreamings, and no cause to value the one above the other.  -- H.P. Lovecraft "The Silver Key"

Anonymous

#69036 - 12/19/99 08:53 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

Well thank you Link, and thanks for your advice as well.

Well this is actually my second go around. The first time I did the straight up PFtek/MMGG (5 B+, and 5 eq), with perlite humidification, and got decent results for that method. This time I want to try some casings.

I've been around here for awhile though, back while The Shroomery was hosted by the Lycaeum and all that. I've loved psychedelics for a long time though, and since I haven't until recently been able to grow (it just wasn't the right time you know) so I just learned as much as I could, reading tons and tons of books, everything on this site, all I could get, and trying to weed out the garbage.

Even though I lack the experiential knowledge, I give advice based off of what I've read and learned, and who wrote/said it, their experience and qualifications, blah blah you know with my judgement on it of course. So when someone runs up and tells me acid has strychnine I laugh, but when someone tells me Stamet's says 86 is the best incubation temp I'll believe it and pass it on.

Anyway, I'm rambling on and about myself no less, so i'll shut up now.....

thanks man :smile: hope you get those cobwebs out of the system :wink:

------------------
Now you are about to explore a second world that is outside ordinary experience -- the psychedelic world. You will encounter a new set of surprises that, though they may sometimes seem bizarre, have led pyschonauts step by step to a deeper view of the nature of reality.

Anonymous

#69037 - 12/21/99 02:07 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

Hey, what do ya'll think about using one of those little tiny hand held fans inside of a perlite terrarium?

------------------
He who controls the spice, controls the universe....

InvisibleLinkA
Intrinsically No Good

#69038 - 12/21/99 02:43 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

I've thought about that, just never got around to doing it. It would probably help with dispersing the oxygen. You might have to be careful, if the lid on your terrarium is propped open, it might transfer the air too much and take away too much humidity. Try it and see, though. Let us know how it does.

------------------

--------------------

Anonymous

#69039 - 12/21/99 04:10 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

There is another problem associated with using a fan inside of a terrarium. If for some reason you find that you have a contaminated cake, well with all that air blowing around in there it'll probably be too late to keep all your other cakes from getting contaminated. If you do use a fan you might want to be extra careful. But keep us all posted if you do. :smile:

------------------
Trying to rationalize with an irrational person, is in itself irrational!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck