Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Re: A few notes on mushroom cultivation...
    #68905 - 12/18/99 12:05 PM (24 years, 4 months ago)

I see what you are saying, but in nature everything around the mushrooms helps them grow. The nutrients in the soil, it is all part of the natural cycle. When we take them out of their natural environment it makes them tougher to survive and we need to complicate things in order to keep them alive and away from contam.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

#68907 - 12/18/99 12:17 PM (24 years, 4 months ago)

Nice speech, camel. Id have to agree with most of what you've said. On the other hand, indoors we have a lot of unbalances in the air that dont quite make it the same as being in an outside natural environment. i.e. molds can be killed off by other bacterias etc. in nature, it creates an equal balance of everything. Inside a house however, it can live freely forever as long as the competitents are kept to a minimum. (believe it or not) Therefore, for some who have dusty houses, etc. it is necessary to take extra precautions when growing. In my experience, I've always tried to stay a step ahead of the contams, sterilizing everything etc. I've had minor sucesses...but I have yet to have a casing that hasnt been hit by cobweb mold for example.

I think it really depends on the environment your living in, but it is true. These babies don't need as much special care as one may think. Provide the right environment and let them be.

kake

Anonymous

#68908 - 12/18/99 12:19 PM (24 years, 4 months ago)

I have to agree with what shroomz said, it is all balanced out, nature is made like that.

------------------
Peace
Blue

Anonymous

#68909 - 12/18/99 12:29 PM (24 years, 4 months ago)

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREAT ADVICE CAMEL, AS USUAL! :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:
PS. Same thing goes for weed growing indoors, its not called a weed fer nuthin :wink:

------------------
I love pot and pot loves me:) Thats my story and im sticking to it!

Anonymous

#68910 - 12/18/99 06:18 PM (24 years, 4 months ago)

Good evening Camel.
I really like what you had to say. I came up with some questions whilst I read...I finished a batch of Mazapatecs not too long ago, and used SGs humidifier technique, and left the cool mist running 24/7 trying my best to get the aquarium air tight, not too hot, not to cold, less water droplets, etc etc. All this for a large casing. So I am interested in your ideas you see.

So, do you even put your casings in any type of chamber? How often do you mist? Casing recipes? Air flow? Long explanations are always fun to read btw :smile: Peace my friend.

_thorebridge_

Offlinecamel
old hand

#68911 - 12/18/99 06:55 PM (24 years, 4 months ago)

heh... Here is EXACTLY what I do...

I put my trays on a shelf in a closet, and mist with a spray bottle (from a plant store) when the casing seems to be getting dry. If I see contams, I stop misting, and the lack of humidity kills the contam and mycelial growth continues. I see no need to humidify with perlite or any electronic humidifier.

peace
camel

--------------------
Don't do drugs.

OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Loc: GA
    #68912 - 12/18/99 06:56 PM (24 years, 4 months ago)

I agree with what your sayin', I've been sayin' the same thing forever. Mushrooms don't need the extra special care everyone claims. The only reason sterile techniques are used to grow mushrooms indoor, is because of the enormus variety of molds/bacterias inside a household. Because we have food, cats/dogs, bathrooms, air systems, carpet, etc... Our houses, are homes to molds that do not exsist in the mushrooms natural habbitat. This is why we sterilize our substrate, but when you have a full jar of mature mycelium, it can be exsposed to foreign contam to some extent. I haven't ever sterilized my casing either, and I haven't ever had one case contaminated. I also grow without a grow chamber, using shroom wizards casing tek. I know it produces larger mushrooms. Last month I harvested a 7 1/2 ounce 12" Equador with a cap the size of a softball, I will post pics soon. Anyway I agree camel, Mushrooms are not as fragile as people make them out to be. Imitate nature best you can and your mushrooms will respond.

The Lizard,

--------------------

Anonymous

#68913 - 12/18/99 09:35 PM (24 years, 4 months ago)

By all means let's see some pics of this. How much of a yeild do you get?...how many flushes?. How healthy are the shrooms? Where do they grow if your casing is dry? (on the sides? Look forward to the pics.

------------------
Peace, Love & Light

InvisibleAnubisRonin
enthusiast
    #68914 - 12/18/99 09:53 PM (24 years, 4 months ago)

AMEN........

Lets return to simplicity,....I think We often make things super complicated for ourselves and if we believe they are complicated then they are complicated....Lets return to simple complexity!

OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Loc: GA
    #68915 - 12/19/99 10:16 AM (24 years, 4 months ago)

You callin' me a lier SM, I have been using shroom wizards tek for about 6 months now and shroom wizards been using it for 30 years, it works just fine. I usually get 2 ounces dried off one casing tray using 4 cakes. I WILL post the pics, I have to get them scanned tommarow. Have you ever even tried this method? or do you just know it doesn't produce well?

The Lizard,

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix