Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Re: how well does myclium grow in cooler temp?
    #68807 - 12/17/99 05:44 AM (24 years, 3 months ago)

Yes it does effect the growth rate of the mycelium. You need to boost the temp up to 84 or so to sped things up a bit.

------------------
Peace
Blue

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

#68809 - 12/18/99 11:45 AM (24 years, 3 months ago)

Warmer temperatures definitly allow more growth but you can get away with cooler temperatures it will just take longer. If it is to cool though it will damage them and you'll have to invest in new stuff.

Anonymous

#68810 - 12/19/99 11:18 AM (24 years, 3 months ago)

I'm a big advocate of incubating at the right temperatures. In this case, that's in the lower 80s F. Sure you might be able to get away with a lot lower temperatures, but while the mycelium is taking its merry time colonizing, bacterial contamination--which is always present to some extent unless you are in a true clean lab--is building throughout the substrate. Why give bacteria the chance? It's just too easy to heat the jars. Read my "Winter is coming..." post.

ShroomGod

OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Loc: GA
    #68811 - 12/19/99 11:28 AM (24 years, 3 months ago)

Tempeture is a factor, If they're cold to the touch, thats definately to cold. But aside from temp there is another eason you don't see growth yet. If you used shroom wizards tek, you used a spore print I'm assuming. If you innoculate with a print, it takes nearly twicw as long to germinate than a syringe does. This is because it will take at least two days just for the spores to rehydrate inside the jars. When I inoculate with a syringe, it takes 3-5 days just to see growth. Anyway warm those jars up and give them a few days, you should see growth start soon. I leave my jars in a box ontop of my telivision, this keeps them around 87-88 degrees, as long as the t.v. is on.

The Lizard,

------------------
-------------------------
Lizard Kings can do anything.

--------------------

OfflineBenzl
enthusiast
    #68812 - 12/19/99 01:08 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

I find that if it is cooler the growth is slower but works fine, this may allow the contaminants an easier way to get a grip though. Bearing in mind that in the wild it is only the frost that stops the cubensis for a while as they seem to be all year mushrooms so anywhere between zeroish to about 30 degrees C should do it.

Anonymous

#68813 - 12/19/99 02:43 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

Definitely up your temp to the low 80s. I play with the temp during every phase of cultivation except during colonization. Also, consider adding powdered gypsum to your substrate prior to sterilization. This will give your mycelium an edge over competing contaminants. I use 1 gram per quart jar or 6 grams per spawn bag.

------------------
Peace, Love & Light

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures