Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Stall growth of quadors?
    #685214 - 06/18/02 05:05 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

I've been growing some eqs and took them out of there jars at 100% colonization of the jars. They've been in my fruiting chamber for 2 weeks with no signs of pins or shrooms. I've give them light high humidity, and even air them out once a day. Just seems like the cakes just sit there and do nothing. Have any sugestions? Am I doing soemthing wrong here?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedi11rod

check temp [Re: ]
    #685228 - 06/18/02 05:11 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

You didn't mention what the temperature was of the fruiting chamber. You'll want to drop it to the seventies to initiate pins, then raise it to 80-84 for fruiting.

You'll also need to increase the fanning to several times per day and / or get an aquarium bubbler.

di11rod

OfflineTrippingBillies
SpaceCruiser
Loc: Pangea
Re: Stall growth of quadors? [Re: ]
    #685232 - 06/18/02 05:13 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Well if the cakes are fully colonized, 100%, even in the inside, I would take an exacto knife with a double sided blade, or drill, and drill a resevoir hole in the center of the cakes, down to about 1 inch shy of the bottom of the cake. Fill this hole up to the top of the cake with water. The cake will rehydrate and a patch of cubies will form ontop of this water resevoir. I used to that when I did cakes and an expired dried out cake would flush out of the resevoir hole. Be careful. If the drilling produces uncolonized substrate then stop. Uncolonized substrate will just get contams.

--------------------
"It's so obvious it's hard to understand."

OfflineTrippingBillies
SpaceCruiser
Loc: Pangea
Re: Stall growth of quadors? [Re: TrippingBillies]
    #685238 - 06/18/02 05:16 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Dillrod had a good point. When the mycelium is dried out, it looks matted and very string like. When the cake is sufficiently hydrated the outer layer of mycelium looks like the surface of a cotton ball or a lint ball. What does the mycelium look like. As for Dillrod's suggestion. Take the terrarium and leave it over night and throughout a day or two, infront or next to an air conditioning vent. If this is done, be sure to completely seal the terrarium to avoid contams from entering the environment.

--------------------
"It's so obvious it's hard to understand."

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix