Home | Community | Message Board

Vaposhop
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, 5-HTP, Brown Rice Flour, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Loc: GA
Re: Anyone had any problems wih ryches MAZ-7P?
    #68466 - 12/13/99 11:31 PM (17 years, 1 day ago)

I assume That MAZ means Mezapatec. The Mezapatec Cubensis strain is probably the hardest Cubensis to grow. I have a good friend who is a very experianced grower and has been attempting to fruit this strain for 2-3 months. He finally figured out the key to sucsess with the mazies. He is using miricle grow vermiculite for added nutrient in the substrate. This helps keep the mycelium stay alive and healthy longer. Anyway you might want to research this strain a bit more. It is very difficult to fruit, but is well worth it. It is claimed to have the most potent effects of any Cubensis in the world when ingested fresh. Good luck

The Lizard,

------------------
-------------------------
Lizard Kings can do anything.

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleRyche HawkV
A Messenger
Male User Gallery

#68468 - 12/14/99 01:36 AM (17 years, 1 day ago)

Actually I dont think its any harder to grow then any other cubenis. It is slower then your average cubenis, but it still colonized and fruits just like the rest.
I'm surprised the miracle grow in the vermiculite even worked... seems the chemical would slow it down. One thing I have heard about the maz is its very fast on compost and dung for those that have access to that.
What I like about the maz is the high... very spiritual for me as most strains from mexico are. Very peacefull communication from above :wink:

-peace-

--------------------
-Peace-
For all your legal mushroom spores and cultures visit  <a href="http://www.muShrooms.com" target="_blank" rel="nofollow noreferrer noopener">www.muShrooms.com</a>

muShrooms.com is the new web site of
www.thehawkseye.com
Sacred Mushroom Spores since 1998

Anonymous

#68469 - 12/15/99 03:34 AM (17 years, 3 hours ago)

This thread is very relevant to my situation right now. I just mixed up a batch of jars to grow out the Mazapatecs, which I recently acquired. When I started mixing, I realized that the vermiculite I bought from the store was Miracle-Gro and had added fertilizer to it (.04,.01,.05). In the past I had always used regular verm, but I was already to damn involved in the batch to turn back, so I hope for the best.
Actually, I'm excited about this batch, because I'm experimenting with substrates. I've got 2 pint jars with PF substrate, 2 pint jars and 2 half pint jars with PF + 5HTP, 2 pint jars with Vermiculite and cow manure, and 3 pint jars with verm, manure and brown rice flour. I'm going to injest them all in a few days with Mazatapec mycelium grown out on honey water, then when I get back from Holland after the new year, I hope to case these jars and then test the results. I plan to post these results, too, so look for them in a month or so. Anyway, I'm damn excited 'cause I hear good things about the Mazatapec!
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

------------------
Peace and Love, Baby!

Offlinegrath
enthusiast
    #68470 - 12/15/99 08:28 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

I'm not talking about fruiting maz or anything else. I'm talking about straight innoculation. 6 of 6 jaars have blue mold at all innoculation points. 24 jars were innoculated with only the maz-7p having problems (with all 6 jars) i was just asking if anyone else had trouble with this batch Not the actual strain. That should help thanks.

Anonymous

#68471 - 12/15/99 11:49 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

I happen to be growing the Mazies to. I had no trouble growing the mycellium besides the fact it took almost too fucking months of my time. I cased them 50/50 style last night hoping to see the results soon.

Anonymous

#68472 - 12/15/99 03:07 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

why would you add 5-HTP to the substrate? 5-HTP is a precursor to seratonin, but will mushies really make use of it in psilocybin production? I know tryptamine can be added (as a hydrochloride) which will boost psilocin content to the 2-3% range even.

Anonymous

#68473 - 12/15/99 05:02 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Grath, I have a shit load of mazatapec prints so if you need one, send me a private message w/your email address and mailing address.

Anonymous

#68474 - 12/16/99 02:36 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

another dimension - Right now I'm not completely sure it will work, that's why it's called experimenting. However fellow Shroomery member Odin has succesfully used 5-HTP in his substrate. 5-hydroxytryptophan is pretty damn close to HCL tryptamine, same basic concept, hoping for the 2-3% psilocyn content as per Gartz. Tell you what, if it works I'll let you know. :biggrin:

------------------
Peace and Love, Baby!

Anonymous

#68475 - 12/16/99 03:32 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

sounds sweet Uriah... please post your results when done, i'm really interested in hearing how it works out!!!

Anonymous

#68476 - 12/16/99 02:35 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

My Maz - 7p just started fruiting today. I got a syringe from Hawk about a 2 months ago.
I innoculated 4 PF strain, 4 Ecuadors, and 4 Maz's on the same day. I used the standard cake mix, BR and Verm. The PF and Ecu's seemed to have about the same cycle, they have already had one flush, and the Maz's are just starting to come around.

So to answer your question, nope I am not having a problem with the Maz 7P strain from Hawk, mine are going fine, a little slow but it should be worth the wait. Hope your situation improves.

But to answer your

Offlinegrath
enthusiast
    #68477 - 12/17/99 08:17 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

thank you foster.. (:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, 5-HTP, Brown Rice Flour, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation