Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Re: i gave my gf dreads! [Re: Muppet]
    #6826532 -

What method did you use to dred em' ? I used to have some, took forever to do and never really set up right.

And Muppet, actually you are supposed to wash your hair because the natural oils that build up will loosen the dreds. But you have to use special shampoo.


--------------------
---------------------------------------------------
Sit up and meditate, there's no time to contemplate.
-------------------------------------------------
I have an international Hitech Psytrance project with a friend: BioChronic
I make various form of Psytrance as a solo Project Dendriform

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: i gave my gf dreads! [Re: Psy Baba]
    #6826555 -

alright...so maybe I worded that wrong

I suppose I shoulda said something more along the lines of:
"don't fucken COMB yer hair god dammnit (washing it is okay though)"

minor technicality on my part  :rolleyes:


--------------------


:craven:  Ravings of a Madman  :craven:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: i gave my gf dreads! [Re: Psy Baba]
    #6826577 -

oh yeah...and just to point out a 'minor technicality' on your part here:
do you really think that ancient cultures went out of their way to buy 'special shampoo' that would let them mat up their hair?  : pfft :

I mean - I've never gone back in time to ask these people directly what they did to manage their hair, but I would *assume* a dip in the river from time to time was about as far as they ever went (hell...I might even go so far as to say that at least *some* of these fuckers didn't even have fucken soap/shampoo period)

but that would just be an assumption on my part, now wouldn't it  :rolleyes:


--------------------


:craven:  Ravings of a Madman  :craven:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: i gave my gf dreads! [Re: labrat265]
    #6826868 -

oh man that sucks


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: i gave my gf dreads! [Re: Muppet]
    #6826907 -

Muppet said:
oh yeah...and just to point out a 'minor technicality' on your part here:
do you really think that ancient cultures went out of their way to buy 'special shampoo' that would let them mat up their hair?  : pfft :

I mean - I've never gone back in time to ask these people directly what they did to manage their hair, but I would *assume* a dip in the river from time to time was about as far as they ever went (hell...I might even go so far as to say that at least *some* of these fuckers didn't even have fucken soap/shampoo period)

but that would just be an assumption on my part, now wouldn't it  :rolleyes:



I did not know we were discussing ancient cultures.  In that case yes, just don't do shit with your hair.

  But, if there are the technologies to use, I would go with cool shampoo  :thumbup:

  You are totally correct when you say "don't comb your hair".  But, I am not looking to resemble Fabio when my hair grows back out :smile:.

  Everyone has their own opinions on dreds.  To me, some people can pull it off, a alot of people can't.


:crazy2:



--------------------
---------------------------------------------------
Sit up and meditate, there's no time to contemplate.
-------------------------------------------------
I have an international Hitech Psytrance project with a friend: BioChronic
I make various form of Psytrance as a solo Project Dendriform

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: i gave my gf dreads! [Re: Psy Baba]
    #6827060 -

Hey your ladys dreads look great! i would love to share a bowl and admire the dreads with her. women look great in dreads. also white people look cool in dreads. when i see a white dude in dreads i feel like their what we mexicans call raza. (hey did you guys see thos boobs in that other thread?)


--------------------
:prawn::baggy::zilla:
Please help support cover-upz blog
http://cover-upz.blogspot.com/
Please PM me if you can help build cover upz blog.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: i gave my gf dreads! [Re: LosAngelesGraff]
    #6827086 -

Sure did :laugh:. We should have a Photoshop contest wit em lol


--------------------
---------------------------------------------------
Sit up and meditate, there's no time to contemplate.
-------------------------------------------------
I have an international Hitech Psytrance project with a friend: BioChronic
I make various form of Psytrance as a solo Project Dendriform

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: i gave my gf dreads! [Re: Psy Baba]
    #6827310 -

DuNeRaVeR,

we washed her hair using some homemade soap (i felt this would strip her hair of natural oils).  then i tied off sections and backcombed each of them.  it took about 8 hours all together.  i didn't do as well as i'd like, but fortunately, dreads are a continual process.


:bongload:


--------------------
All paid jobs absorb and degrade the mind - Aristotle

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: i gave my gf dreads! [Re: LosAngelesGraff]
    #6827312 -

apparently I missed these boobies  :what:


--------------------


:craven:  Ravings of a Madman  :craven:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: i gave my gf dreads! [Re: LosAngelesGraff]
    #6827326 -

LasAngelasGraff,

thanks for the compliment, this was my first time doing dreads on someone else!

what boobs on what other thread?

and could you please explain raza?


--------------------
All paid jobs absorb and degrade the mind - Aristotle

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: i gave my gf dreads! [Re: labrat265]
    #6828205 -

:whacker:



kidding
:projectile:


--------------------
UncleLuke said:
you talking about the child porn? I can explain that... it's my nephew.

stickyicky13 said:
I'm not gay, I'm brittish! you let one guy put his wiener in your bottom and instantly everyone thinks you are a poofta

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: i gave my gf dreads! [Re: labrat265]
    #6828219 -

labrat265 said:
yep, thats about it.  i dreaded her last night and this morning.  she looks great, happy and knappy!  i'll be posting pics later tonight.



I had a school friend who kept her dreads on for 6 years

and the only way she could get rid of it was to shave it off

how do you manage taking showers with em on with shampoo and everything- it still looks the same at the end
right?

:rasta:


--------------------

#1 reason organized religion should be done away with. It's a message, and one that is open to speculation.
"Pray your own prayers and talk to God on your own.He doesn't want a fucking parrot, and he doesn't want a sheep"

GnuBobo:Iron. Hymen. Vitamin.
Be Iron, like Hymen, in Vitamin.
Iron. Hymen. Vitamin.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: i gave my gf dreads! [Re: labrat265]
    #6828220 -

labrat265 said:
what boobs on what other thread?

and could you please explain raza?



double that one for me  :yesnod:


--------------------


:craven:  Ravings of a Madman  :craven:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: i gave my gf dreads! [Re: labrat265]
    #6828311 -

Wow, lots of dread-ignorance going on in this thread.

Labrat: Looks like you got your girl's dreads off to a good start. Nice job!

Everyone else: quit pretending to know what you're talking about. People can use whatever method they want to get dreaded. Some methods will look better in the end than others, however.

Quote:




These don't even register as dreads to me. It's synthetic hair, twisted up and clipped on.


--------------------
Supercollider? I just met her!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: i gave my gf dreads! [Re: supercollider]
    #6828334 -

And just for the record, this is me:


Do your worst :smile:


--------------------
Supercollider? I just met her!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: i gave my gf dreads! [Re: labrat265]
    #6828458 -

cool, i'm sure she's happy with her new dreadies. if yall live by the ocean, have her dip her head in the salt water and then palm-roll them as they air dry. also, if her scalp starts itching like crazy for the first month or so, make up a mix of maybe 1 part lemon juice to 10 or 15 parts water and spray it with a spray-bottle on the scalp - it helps big time.


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: i gave my gf dreads! [Re: Krishna]
    #6829732 -

i've heard to use 1 part vinegar and nine parts water. i think knottyboy.com is my source for that tidbit of info.


--------------------
All paid jobs absorb and degrade the mind - Aristotle

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: i gave my gf dreads! [Re: supercollider]
    #6829742 -

supercollider,

nice dreads.  that is some commitment.





:snort:


--------------------
All paid jobs absorb and degrade the mind - Aristotle

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: i gave my gf dreads! [Re: labrat265]
    #6829903 -

give congrats to ure gf on her new dreads:thumbup:

i used to have dreads took em out, my hairs bone straight, too much effort for me, but best of luck to u and ure gf:)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Dreading my hair this weekend
( 1 2 all )
LthirdSeyeD 5,349 32 11/11/04 08:02 PM
by afoaf
* To Dread or not to Dread. That is the question.
( 1 2 3 4 all )
FreeLaws1_6 5,445 73 01/23/05 10:25 AM
by FreeLaws1_6
* Those who have dread locks.....
( 1 2 all )
Stonerguy 3,090 25 11/26/05 05:04 PM
by emptywisdom
* Should I get dreds?
( 1 2 3 4 all )
AtticusProphet 2,722 67 05/29/09 04:39 PM
by blewmeanie
* Dreads
( 1 2 3 all )
ShroomismM 4,029 42 12/18/06 02:34 PM
by blissedout
* Hey long hair people, what kind of shampoo/conditoner do you use?
( 1 2 all )
TameMe 3,652 31 10/29/05 08:24 AM
by Brugman
* Chopped off the dreads...
( 1 2 all )
WoodsCall 2,884 38 02/26/06 10:44 PM
by Vulture
* Dread locks... tactik 1,161 19 04/14/06 11:34 PM
by Pat Bateman, VP

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
3,874 topic views. 3 members, 83 guests and 116 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.033 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 15 queries.