Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Bonnaroo 2007
    #6795775 -

Hey guys, I'm new at the shroomery... so hello to all.
I have a serious questions that will probably require some expertise or at least one experience of going to Bonnaroo music festival in Manchester, TN.
My questions are... How is the security? How much do they check you (bag wise and vehicle)? Is it worth driving 400 miles for three days of fun? It would definitely blow all the goats on the planet to drive that far only to be arrested at the gates. So your reassurance would be great...lol!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bonnaroo 2007 [Re: osozoso]
    #6795851 -

They randomly search cars but they aren't looking for drugs so you can just hide it and you'll be fine. Police in the town don't usually mess with anyone. There are no cops once you are inside, at least none to worry about.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bonnaroo 2007 [Re: Catalysis]
    #6795911 -

Very much appreciated!


--------------------
""ADVENTURE""

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bonnaroo 2007 [Re: osozoso]
    #6796734 -

get 45 more posts under your belt and you can see the gathering and travel forum here, which has a very extensive thread about bonnaroo.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bonnaroo 2007 [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #6796826 -

I think it is 100 now. I still cant see it  :frown:


--------------------
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, only then will there be peace - Jimi Hendrix

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bonnaroo 2007 [Re: elmanimal]
    #6799376 -

I went to the first Roo and had security take all my shit. They were randomly stopping people walking onto the concert field and I, wearing nothing but shorts and birkenstocks, got searched. Nevermind all the backpack wearing, suitcase carrying hippies; they wanted the guy that looked like he was minding his own business.

They took my brand new bowl and a quarter of Afghanni blonde. When I tried to argue my way to getting my stuff back an undercover came over, flashed his badge and told me it would be in my best interest to move along.

There are plenty of cops and they're all in plain clothes, looking to score some droogz.

Fuck Bonnaroo.


--------------------
On storing pedro tea...

Brewmaster: Well, the mescaline will still be in there, but I'd be afraid of it conjealing and trying to escape after it grew in size from eating all the other shit in my fridge, and possibly my dogs if it got out.

Pithlit: sentient drugs, now that is an idea ...

OneMoreRobot: Idea? It's a fuckin' reality. You know Salvia? Nigga stole my TV.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bonnaroo 2007 [Re: Catalysis]
    #6800554 -

Catalysis said:
They randomly search cars but they aren't looking for drugs so you can just hide it and you'll be fine. Police in the town don't usually mess with anyone. There are no cops once you are inside, at least none to worry about.



Untrue, I saw sheriffs working the actual shows (underneath/inside of tents) last year and actually arrest people that were smoking and/or dealing (read: minding their own business) in the crowd. Somehow the pig didn't see me buying a ten strip right in front of him, thank god, but pulled someone just a few feet away from me.

While that may not be common, it does happen.

Also, when leaving the grounds, there are police stationed at every exit within a few yards. The sheriffs/cops outside the entrance when arriving are usually really nice and strike up conversations (I'm guessing to make people nervous or to see who is already intoxicated) but as long as you've got nothing to hide, no worries. I even gave a bottle of water to one fat-ass sheriff while waiting in line. He was appreciative.

Brewmaster said:
I went to the first Roo and had security take all my shit. They were randomly stopping people walking onto the concert field and I, wearing nothing but shorts and birkenstocks, got searched. Nevermind all the backpack wearing, suitcase carrying hippies; they wanted the guy that looked like he was minding his own business.

They took my brand new bowl and a quarter of Afghanni blonde. When I tried to argue my way to getting my stuff back an undercover came over, flashed his badge and told me it would be in my best interest to move along.

There are plenty of cops and they're all in plain clothes, looking to score some droogz.

Fuck Bonnaroo.



I never tried to carry anything inside roo if it wasn't thin enough (LSD) because they do pat virtually everyone down. I noticed that people carrying bags and whatnot usually got searched less than others unless something was found on them within a few seconds. I also saw some guy get about 4 vials of liquid taken from him at the gates as well who was wearing a backpack.

This is only my experience from one year (last year) though, others may have different ones


--------------------
channel your inner Larry David

Edited by demius (04/17/07 04:32 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bonnaroo 2007 [Re: demiu5]
    #6801182 -

I appreciate this fellows... I'm just looking for the general idea so I have sense of comfort while driving 400 miles. Thank You!


--------------------
""ADVENTURE""

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Bonnaroo 2007 Cloud9 763 5 02/26/07 03:17 PM
by aNeway2sayHooray
* Bonnaroo Sets + Rage solo during Tool ilus 2,394 17 06/22/07 12:26 PM
by Idiot
* Sasha & Digweed set @ Bonnaroo!!!!!!!! I FOUND IT! FleaAccela 942 5 06/24/07 02:24 PM
by freddurgan
* Within's Within: Scenes from the Psychedelic Revolution July 2007 broadcasts cenacle 414 2 07/28/07 10:39 AM
by elbisivni
* random thoughts fit only for the shroomery FleaAccela 903 6 05/12/07 09:11 PM
by elbisivni
* led zeppelin @ bonnaroo 2008 FleaAccela 958 8 01/08/08 03:04 PM
by deadHead321
* The Raconteurs free stream Bonnaroo '08 stickygreennpurp 574 1 01/16/09 12:11 PM
by Chronic7
* Official 2007 very short story thread. Post yours and critque others HERE
( 1 2 3 all )
joekenorer 7,422 59 12/19/07 10:32 PM
by Hyper_Panda_GO

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, automan, DividedQuantum
930 topic views. 0 members, 1 guests and 7 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.024 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 16 queries.