Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Re: sterilization questions
    #67297 -

It is really not the preferre method of sterilization at all. Results are not reliable.

Steam sterilization works much much better, and pressure cooking works the best.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: sterilization questions
    #67299 -

I sterilized all of my jars with the pot method, and I got no contamination under somewhat sterile conditions. Easy, low-cost, and efficient. I had 23 jars, so I would say that the pot method works just fine.

------------------
I took some shrooms,
they were good to me
but then my weed
fell into the sea


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: sterilization questions
    #67300 -

Would you say the same thing about sterilizing casing material in the microwave? Namely potting soil and vermiculite. My oven is broke and the microwave is my only choice for sterilizing the containers I just bought for casing (don't think I can pressure cook plastic box full of dirt).

------------------
"At work they showed me how to open the door by pulling on the handle, so now I don?t have to hurl myself through the glass anymore." -anonymous


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* A Sterilization Question ?! scaryhousefun 1,574 14 09/28/02 07:34 AM
by Mac
* Re: Sterilization Question MisterShroom 855 2 03/21/01 02:09 AM
by Kast
* Sterilization Questions Ripple 978 2 08/16/02 04:25 PM
by staindblue
* Sterilizing in microwave? roykinn 2,087 2 10/19/01 07:03 PM
by pineal
* CASING STERILIZATION QUESTION phishphan 927 2 03/20/02 11:11 AM
by cookiewhore
* Sterilization question duss69 723 1 12/14/01 12:36 PM
by Dorin
* Needle Sterilization Question RageOholic67 3,301 14 11/08/02 04:19 PM
by RageOholic67
* Sea of Shrooms Sterilization Question? MuddyMinds 974 5 07/24/01 12:12 AM
by Anno

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,003 topic views. 19 members, 61 guests and 146 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.011 seconds on 14 queries.