Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
any fans of the band Mew?
    #6716704 -

I'm going to go see them on the 7th. I had only heard a few random songs from them at a friends house. I just got a few of their albums but I wanted to see if there are any fans here. Let me know how their live shows are/your favorite album.


--------------------
Shroomery Composition Contest

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: any fans of the band Mew? [Re: Toddo]
    #6716709 -

Yes, I am a fan.

Live they are hit or miss.

Album - And the Glass Handed Kites


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: any fans of the band Mew? [Re: Toddo]
    #6716711 -

I've never seen them live, but their cd "And the Glass Handed Kites" is great.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: any fans of the band Mew? [Re: Redstorm]
    #6716721 -

someone upload a track so I can decide whether its worthwhile eating into my oink ratio :grin:

theres +5 in it :grin:


--------------------
"I only ever hope to reach equilibrium, in Nature's matrix, in line with the meridian" ~ Jehst

:sun: "...and I know that I have to keep breathing, as tomorrow the sun will rise, who knows what the tide will bring?" :sun:

Free Spore Ring Europe
Send any spare spore prints you might have and help the distribution :grin:

Open Source. Freedom.  GNU/Linux

Addicting is not a word.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: any fans of the band Mew? [Re: Cepheus]
    #6716744 -

I can't be fucked to upload it right now, but the Zookeper's Boy is on their Myspace page, and I think that's a pretty good song.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=35725465

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: any fans of the band Mew? [Re: Redstorm]
    #6716756 -

hmm based on that myspace page, I can't say I like them...

Just not my thing... Have fun anyway man :grin:

Redstorm, +5'd :grin:


--------------------
"I only ever hope to reach equilibrium, in Nature's matrix, in line with the meridian" ~ Jehst

:sun: "...and I know that I have to keep breathing, as tomorrow the sun will rise, who knows what the tide will bring?" :sun:

Free Spore Ring Europe
Send any spare spore prints you might have and help the distribution :grin:

Open Source. Freedom.  GNU/Linux

Addicting is not a word.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: any fans of the band Mew? [Re: Cepheus]
    #6716762 -

They're really shoegazy, which isn't a very popular form of rock like it used to me. I'm not a big fan of the vocals, but the instruments are magnificent.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: any fans of the band Mew? [Re: Redstorm]
    #6716836 -

Shoegazy, but then sometimes they just get so hard, it's nice.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: any fans of the band Mew? [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #6716924 -

LOVE shoegazerz, anyone have any other recommendations?


--------------------
Legalize drugs and prostitution

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: any fans of the band Mew? [Re: DontFearThePeepr]
    #6717245 -

And the Glass Handed Kites is a pretty sick album...

get ripped and listen to that w/ headphones

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Bands that have multiple albums, but only a couple songs ShroomismM 2,651 19 03/18/04 02:27 AM
by Anonymous
* Post your favorite albums of 2005; as they are released. HandsomeDave 1,105 8 02/07/05 12:19 PM
by DNKYD
* Anyone else a System of the Down fan?
( 1 2 all )
2Experimental 2,026 22 10/11/04 07:49 AM
by Shroomism
* Baseball Fans?
( 1 2 3 all )
i_rage_against 3,719 59 04/08/05 10:40 AM
by Yarry
* Check Out My Record Collection! (Pic & List of Albums...) RebelSteve33 2,703 9 05/20/03 05:16 PM
by RebelSteve33
* Phish stuns fans at conclusion of final show Adom 2,268 18 08/18/04 06:17 PM
by Rose
* Any Beatles fans.
( 1 2 all )
The_Red_Crayon 2,032 23 03/15/04 11:13 AM
by Anonymous
* Any serious pink floyd fans??
( 1 2 all )
DreaMaTrix 5,723 32 12/02/10 01:08 PM
by weshroom

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
611 topic views. 3 members, 15 guests and 107 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.022 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 14 queries.