Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleLinkA
Intrinsically No Good

Loc: Lost Woods, Hyrule
Re: Contaminate Killer
    #66673 - 05/06/00 12:30 PM (23 years, 10 months ago)

bumping this up, because it seems to be a good idea, and i think i'm going to try it.

alien, the plans in the second link....is that how you made yours? and it acutally works? it seems so easy.

also, you say you use it in your work area when you make a print. have you noticed any negative effects of the ozone with the spores?

Link

------------------
How I wish that somewhere there existed an island for those who are wise and of good will.
-Albert Einstein

--------------------
Wonder had gone away, and he had forgotten that all life is only a set of pictures in the brain, among which there is no difference betwixt those born of real things and those born of inward dreamings, and no cause to value the one above the other.  -- H.P. Lovecraft "The Silver Key"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBoomerZ
old hand
Re: Contaminate Killer [Re: Link]
    #66676 - 05/06/00 03:17 PM (23 years, 10 months ago)

Ozone (O3) is actually not a good thing to use IMO. It DOES oxidize contaminates thereby killing them, BUT it also oxidizes wood, paint, plastic, even metals and many other building materials. When it oxidizes these things, it makes them MUCh weaker and over time, (a few months), the material becomes increasingly weak and needs constant repair. If O3 wasnt so "corrosive" to bulding materials, then people would be pumping ozone into the atmosphere to "cure" the depleting ozone layer. O3 is a very unstable molecule. Look it up!

Anonymous

#66678 - 05/06/00 04:59 PM (23 years, 10 months ago)

actually, this is something i _know_ about. not just repeating what i have heard.

ozone is deadly, dangerous, and poisonous. i cant really use any other words to describe it. anyone who knows about chemistry knows that O3 has a free radical. its not real nice to have around anything. its unstable. its bad. at high concentrations or low.

just depends on the scale of the object of its affections. if you just start pumping ozone into a bag or something, its really nice. just store that bag for a while and the O3 will decompose into O2. nice O2 source.
a tiny amount will do a good job at killing airborne contaminates and if you can afford to replace the housing of where ever you keep the ozone, its a good tool to use.

just use it correctly. do a couple huffs of a low concentration or just sit in the room for a while if you dont believe me. and btw, the best source of info on safety of a product is usually not the company who makes one.

Anonymous

#66679 - 05/06/00 05:23 PM (23 years, 10 months ago)

i just add a few drops of h2o2 in my substrate and i haven't gotten contaminates either.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates