Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Contamination Forum

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, HEPA Filter

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineOMNiKiLLeR
Scorned Watcherof Ages
 User Gallery

Loc: A Construct of my Percept...
The use of Ozone Generators
    #2938206 - 07/28/04 11:31 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I have owned several small household ozone generators for many years. I have observed their effect of causing dust to drop onto everything after being turned on.

Does anyone know if using several ozone generators in a closed off room would help with air born contamination?

I have recently observed a small patch of black looking mold spot on the lid. With face covered by a woodworkers mask, and hands covered with surgical gloves, I put acohol onto a paper napkin and slowly opened the lid. Slowly, and in the presence of my ozone generators, I wiped the spot of black mold with the alcohol napkin, and removed the napkin the the outdoor disposal.

I have observed no further contam from this jar, it is still incubating, and the contam was at least 3 inches from the substrate.

The mold appeared to have white linear mycelium, with a soft black top. Damn the black top. It means sporilation. But hopefully, I will see no more of it. . .

--------------------
"If it wern't for that horse, I wouldn't have spent that year in college"~Lewis Black
"Where did you get all these slackers?"~Manager Kmart, Boise ID
"Burp dee durb, durbidy durb dee dumm"~ Southark
I didnt do it!
:dancing: :dancing:  :ass: :whatever: :bow: :penis: :bow: :whatever: :ass::dancing: :dancing:

Please Visit and Support the FSRE!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
Re: The use of Ozone Generators [Re: OMNiKiLLeR]
    #2939420 - 07/29/04 06:52 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Read some experiences about the subject here,
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...ev=#Post2336210
Well, there are people that swear by ozone generators. The things is O3 (ozone) is an oxidizer and can cause cancer. If you want to know more about some growers experience with those generators, try searching advanced cult forum, lots of info.

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

OfflineIce House Shaman
Rider on the Storm
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
    #2995879 - 08/12/04 03:57 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I am the very proud owner of a uvonair3 I swear by it. Early in my growing experience I had lots of contams and I had a room in my house where couldnt even attempt to do clean work. O bought the UVONAIR3 and problems no more. Before I do clean work I start up a small fan in the work room. Fan is on high. I kick up as much dust in the room as possible and get good airflow in the tiny room. I then turn on the air sterilizer I run it 30 min with the fan on then let it run 30 min with the fan off. Before I enter to work I spray with lysol. The O3 it generates is heavier than air so unless U are a dwarf over exposure should not be an issue. By the way. I have absolutely minimal or no contam issues. check it out at-
uvonair web site

--------------------
you are not who i thought i was...

Offlinekilgore_trout
Stranger
    #2996066 - 08/12/04 04:50 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

i have a hepa filter with a carbon pre-filter on one side and a germicidal uv on the other, with a ionizer and o-zone generator built into the unit. 5 stage filter. its not a bad deal, but try a glovebox first if you werent using one, and a flowhood is a good idea whether you were or not. if ozone will kill other spores whats going to save the mushroom spores? the ozone gen might be good supplementation but you cant always use it and you need a tried and true method to fall back on and to ensure better sterility. a flowhood in a closet with a ozone gen would be mighty fine for living culture work probably but for working with spores it might be detrimental. Ive been wanting more info then what ive found through a good amount of research, but it seems like its place would be the room a flowhood is in while not trying to keep spores alive.

--------------------
"I didnt fight a secret war in nicaragua so you could walk these streets of freedom bad-mouthing lady america in your damn mirrored sunglasses."

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, HEPA Filter

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Contamination Forum