Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Re: Anyone ever use JLF syringes, new spores?
    #66532 - 10/05/99 07:57 AM (24 years, 5 months ago)

Before I found the Shroomery and all flame
forums I had already ordered ecuadors from them JLF.
Hadn't grown them yet by the time I searched the whole shroomery I felt I had betrayed myself getting spores from them.

However I received their packeage (overseas)
promptly.

Only yesterday did they start fruiting and from pictures here they look like the real
thing!

Colonization was superfast, few contams were due to my incompetence.
Overall I was not displeased.
I am pleased and note the ecuadors have a new country. Maybe they will mutate and become the Grecians

Does seem sorta clever on these shroomies
to be liked by humans. Hmm (trippy thought)
"are plants using us?"
Probly not too original but think about it
rice and starch, are probably the cleverest...

Anyway I had no probs (except my incompetence) w/ JLF (maybe they changed tactic)

PLEASE DON'T TURN tHIS INTO ANOTHER WAR
I LIVE IN GREECE (I think I can be objective) THEIR SPORES WERE SHIPPED IN THE MIDDLE OF A SUMMER HEAT WAVE AND WERE
STILL VIABLE.

------------------
Trails fruit trails...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

#66534 - 10/05/99 08:01 AM (24 years, 5 months ago)

As for quality I will update shortly
no info on the other "strains"
sorry

------------------
Trails fruit trails...

Anonymous

#66535 - 10/05/99 07:29 PM (24 years, 5 months ago)

I know JLF kind of has a bad wrap around here, but Ythan, Suffer, and myself had the chance to meet the owner of JLF Mark. He seemed like a pretty chill guy, and I'm not sure what all the fuss was about, (Azure B+ if memory serves) but a lot of people went down that road, so whatever. Mark's a cool guy, but I don't know how fast his shipping is, or how good his strains are. I've ordered from Ryche, Workman and PF and I've gotten my order every time. I'm partial to Ryche but it's a personal issue.

Offlinemdmax37
    #66536 - 10/05/99 09:00 PM (24 years, 5 months ago)

My first syringe came from JLF because he ships COD. The strain that I got from him was his original one before he added the other strains. It's suppose to be amazonian. I don't really care what it is because it kicks my ass. I use 1/2 pint jars and an incubator set at 80 degree's and I get 100 percent colinization in 8-10 day's, very fast I think. I also got his incubator which works really well

OfflineWahoo
Cap'n
Loc: right behind you
    #66537 - 10/05/99 11:52 PM (24 years, 5 months ago)

My first syringe was ordered from JLF. I ordered one Ec. syringe and a kit from them. The kit comes with a syringe, so i got 2. Both were viable. The syringes were clean enough to start liquid cultures, which tend to go bad way more often than cakes do when started from spore water. I would not advise the kit, as the incubator is crap (you get what you pay for), but the syringes rocked. Its probably my fault, as i'm still kinda new at this, but JLF's syringes had a MUCH lower contamination rate than the spores i just got from Ryche.

OfflineBooger
addict

#66538 - 10/06/99 12:55 AM (24 years, 5 months ago)

I've asked a number of people and nobody knew, so I'll ask you! What is the incubator, anyway? I keep imagining it's a Rubbermaid dishpan sitting on a heating pad or something.

Anonymous

#66539 - 10/06/99 07:04 AM (24 years, 5 months ago)

Different people incubate in differing ways. During the summer I use a realy dark runermade tub with holes cut in it and then I added filter patches over the holes (because I'm paranoied about cob web mold) during the winter I use the same chamber but add a tall glass or jar with water then put a submergable fish tank heater in it. I tryed some of those heating blankets and terarium (lizard) heating pads and they cooked the cakes ( cakes started to blue in the jar).Peace

------------------
Grasshopper try and grab the pebble from my hand.

OfflineBooger
addict

#66540 - 10/06/99 09:55 AM (24 years, 5 months ago)

I meant specifically, what does JLF send you when you order a "Low-Tech Incubator".

As for drying-out, it is an especially bad thing to heat jars from underneath. You can help it out a bit by placing layers of towels between the heating pad and the dishpan, but you are safest to place your heating devices above or beside the incubator.

Anonymous

#66541 - 10/06/99 01:44 PM (24 years, 5 months ago)

my incubator has served me for years and it cost only forty bucks. It consists of a lamp head wired into a large coffee can w/ a 40 wattbulb. The lamp is wired to a theromostate and the unit is placed inside a large rubbermaid container. The container is housed inside a cardboard box that is insulated w/blue board and that is that. It is always nice and toasty. Some time soon I'll post the plans.........Mountain

OfflinepsilocyberV
old hand

#66542 - 10/06/99 02:15 PM (24 years, 5 months ago)

Post deleted by administrator.

Offlinemdmax37
    #66543 - 10/06/99 04:59 PM (24 years, 5 months ago)

When I first got his incubator and opened it up I was pissed off, it was homemade, not sure what I was expecting but not this. The temperature is suppose to be preset but I put a thermometer in it and it was way off. But on the lid of this thing is a knob to adjust the temperature. So I played with it for awhile and got it set for a constant 80 degrees, it works great. I can put about 21 1/2 pint jars in there. here is what it's made of. A black five gallon bucket with lid, A metal coffee can, A ceramic light socket, A 25 watt bulb, and a rheostat. On the lid of the five gallon bucket on the bottom side, the coffee can is bolted. The top of the coffee can is cut off and on the inside on the bottom off the can the ceramic light socket is attached. Also on the underside of the five gallon bucket lid next to the coffee can the rheostat is mounted, there is a hole drilled thru the lid so the adjustment knob to control the temperature can poke thru so you can get to it from the top of the lid. the rheostat and light socket and power cord are all wired together and the power cord ran thru a drilled hole in the lid. This whole thing is setting in an insulated box to help hold the temperature up. Now when the lid is on and your jars are inside the 25 watt bulb comes on long enough to warm up the bucket to whatever temperature you set it for, then it goes out. once the temp starts to drop the bulb kicks on again for a few seconds and so on and so on. It actually works really well.

[This message has been edited by mdmax37 (edited October 06, 1999).]

OfflinePlacebo
    #66544 - 10/06/99 09:30 PM (24 years, 5 months ago)

The North Florida Wizard sounds like it is ShroomWizard's Gulf Coast strain. (For those that don't know, he will send you a print for free if you ask). I'm interested in this Pensacola Belle strain, though. Perhaps a few people could throw in a few bucks, and one would get the syringe, grow it out, and distribute prints among those who paid. I would be interested in something like that.

OfflinepsilocyberV
old hand

#66545 - 10/07/99 06:29 AM (24 years, 5 months ago)

Post deleted by administrator.

OfflineWorkmanV
1999 Spore War Veteran
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oregon, USA
Trusted Cultivator
    #66546 - 10/08/99 10:49 AM (24 years, 5 months ago)

psilocyber, check out THe Cultivation Station for syringes. The popular B-D luer-lock type.
http://www.dreamscape.com/wendt/main.html

--------------------
Research funded by the patrons of
The Spore Works
Exotic Spore Supply

My Instagram
Reinvesting 25% of Sales Towards Basic Research and Species Identification :amanitajar:

Anonymous

#66547 - 12/26/99 07:08 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

I have done a lot with JLF...
The quality is excellent..

------------------
Wer'e off to see the Wizard..because..because...because>>>>>>>(*)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract