Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Can I get sprore prints through a dried cap?
    #661144 -

Well can I ? will it work if i put some water on top of it? or are all the spores dried off?. I would think some would still be in there. Would the spores have degragaded? maybe I would just have to make more prints to make up the difference?

BTW not sure if this is in the right forum much apoligies if its in the wrong one.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can I get sprore prints through a dried cap? [Re: Southside]
    #661155 -

I read somewhere here you could by wetting the cap. It can't hurt to try.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can I get sprore prints through a dried cap? [Re: Southside]
    #661159 -

I wouldn't think so. Normally you want to make prints with a fresh cap.


--------------------
Peace,
StainBlue

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can I get sprore prints through a dried cap? [Re: Southside]
    #661244 -

Chances are all the spoes have dropped off. You need a fresh shroom to get a clean spore print.


--------------------
"My mind is full of dreams...
My eyes filled with fantasies
I hear what I see
And see what I hear
My senses are not dulled, I simply see clear"

The Green Pages
"My heart is broke, but I have some glue, help me inhale, and mend it with you." - R.I.P. KDB

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can I get sprore prints through a dried cap? [Re: Southside]
    #662129 -

It is posible but no easy... You must use Agar.

Crush a dried cap very fine and place into a sterile solution of water, just like you were making a syringe from a print. Place 1 or 2 drops into a petrie dish and spread with an innoculation loop. You will have to do quite a few dishes then isolate some good mycellium (if any) to new petries.
With spores being so easily available, this is usually only done to rescue a very rare or unique strain or specie.

Enjoy

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Let Spore Prints dry? hyper_dermic 4,158 7 10/13/02 07:18 PM
by Anno
* spores from dried caps... adt 3,335 15 12/13/19 10:49 PM
by Itzpapalotl
* Re: taking spores from dried caps... Anonymous 1,794 4 12/16/99 06:15 AM
by Anonymous
* Re: spore print from cap that dropped spores AnubisRonin 706 2 04/17/00 11:39 AM
by Butt
* sprore prints on canning lids roomusygloomush 455 1 03/06/02 07:46 AM
by Hippie3
* Q's on spore prints, and cap sliptting, bluing.etc FOAF 1,092 3 10/17/02 11:54 PM
by solidstate
* Experiment % Taking prints % Drying T0aD 569 3 05/21/03 01:00 PM
by Prisoner#1
* Spore Printing, Q Zwieback0 2,485 1 08/31/02 07:51 AM
by BeppoMarx

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,168 topic views. 14 members, 80 guests and 217 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 16 queries.